****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

It's when I knew I was old, I turned and asked a kid

"young man? why do you have those cuts in your eyebrows...how do a plan on getting a job when you got to the interview with those cuts in your eyes?"

:lol:

I never understood cuts either. When I moved to Maryland from the Carribben I remember asking the ole head on my block about it and he said

"Dudes with cuts in there eyebrows are either gang affiliated, or gay" :lol:

I was neither, so I never thought about doing it. Also they look kinda dumb imo

A lot of the cholos I knew growing up that wanted to be hood yet fashionable had them. It was always weird to see dudes with eyebrow designs and 7 jeans that also claimed to be from the most dangerous neighborhoods in Cali :lol:

Dudes outchea trying to be "Vato Chic" :lol:

I think to make it to the next level you need that parental figure that's passionate and driving and understands what to do. My nephew is passionate about basketball, wants to go all the way and is actually very good, but at times he loses interest because things don't go his way, and he's not in things I advise like AAU. You need that adult to absorb his letdowns, and push them towards their own passions, and handle business at the same time. They're kids, they don't understand how to navigate this world yet. I'm not in the same city but i'm about to make a concerted effort to do what I can and Lavar Ball it up.

I really try not to criticize younger generations on their fashion choices.

It really isn't any different that what we did, or other generations did.... I mean my dad, said cornrows were for women and barred me from getting them. :lol:

I was so annoyed, just got my blue Iverson authentic and been growing my hair for months. :smh:

How Jack Elway is seen now btw

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/apr/17/local/me-52032
Perhaps Elway's greatest accomplishment was guiding the football career of his son, who quarterbacked the Broncos to Super Bowl victories in 1998 and 1999.

Yeah, I saw the 30 for 30 you mentioned, LaVar is in no way an outlier. Plus anyone that has been involved in high sports, hell even younger than that know there is much worst than LaVar outchea.

I heard hockey dads be on a next level.

Is he a meddling parent? Yes...

Is he in any way shown that he's a bad parent? nope..quite the contrary honestly..

Keep grinding Jack!

I really try not to criticize younger generations on their fashion choices.

It really isn't any different that what we did, or other generations did.... I mean my dad, said cornrows were for women and barred me from getting them. :lol:

:smh:

I disagree strongly champ. Sure we did our thing in our younger days that some of our parents might not have agreed with but at least we added some style to the game. It's bad enough we have a current NBA player rocking a rat tail.....now it appears we're about to have a a dude with cuts in his eyebrows in a NBA jersey and arena for all to see very soon. We have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't really care what the parents say. Unless they have a history (former player or big-time coach), their opinion is completely and utterly irrelevant.

As a child, I would be incredibly embarrassed if my parents were talking about me to the press. Especially if I'm 19/20/21 and trying to become an adult. I would tell me parents to shut it.

edit: wait, 40% from the almost-a-layup college 3-pt line is considered high?

Last edited:
I disagree strongly champ. Sure we did our thing in our younger days that some of our parents might not have agreed with but at least we added some style to the game. It's bad enough we have a current NBA player rocking a rat tail.....now it appears we're about to have a a dude with cuts in his eyebrows in a NBA jersey and arena for all to see very soon. We have to draw the line somewhere.

You sound old.

Let them young dudes cook.

nah thats the point of being young.

In fact adults hating it means it's even more attractive to young people.

There is always going to be an instict for young people to separate themselves from older generations and developing fashion that your parents/ older brothers sisters hate is a great way to start.

my dad thought, that cornrows, men wearing earings, baggy clothes were bad, I'm going to think that cuts in your eyes and duke starting five hair cuts are bad...the cycle continues.

gotta maintain perspective.

Last edited:
Cuts in the brow aint new 
laugh.gif

Neither are rat tails.

I don't really mind parents pushing their kids etc but this lavar dude looking goofy as hell. Son probably wants a reality tv show out of it, acting all extra

Also Lonzo is the only one with a real chance. Liangelo is overweight and slow and Melo is gonna find that those bad shots don't actually work when your playing real talent. Also he's frail as hell. Every small dude isn't steph curry

Last edited:

This is exactly how I feel about it.  He put the basketball in those boy's hands, and raised them to be in the position that they're currently in.  If anybody has the right to mooch off the success of those boys it's him 
laugh.gif

Sounding like

lY744.jpg
Except Lavar Ball didn't kill his son's Mother, and is actually a part of their lives 
laugh.gif

It is like some of you are BLATANTLY confusing

A. Being supportive

B. Being stupid

This is like Precious being in a relationship and her dude saying she is the prettiest girl in the world. We know dude doesnt believe that. That is called FAKE support

I don't really mind parents pushing their kids etc but this lavar dude looking goofy as hell. Son probably wants a reality tv show out of it, acting all extra

Also Lonzo is the only one with a real chance. Liangelo is overweight and slow and Melo is gonna find that those bad shots don't actually work when your playing real talent. Also he's frail as hell. Every small dude isn't steph curry

He is 15 year old ball player, of course he is frail.

Last edited:
It is like some of you are BLATANTLY confusing

A. Being supportive

B. Being stupid

This is like Precious being in a relationship and her dude saying she is the prettiest girl in the world. We know dude doesnt believe that. That is called FAKE support

This. It'll be interesting come draft time. If the other top prospects are on a comparable level to Lonzo Ball, don't be surprised if some teams pass on him due to his father. Especially if they get the vibe pops might try to strong arm a trade elsewhere.

Pops seems like the type that will go the media and air the coach and team out constantly if his son isn't developing, getting minutes, or being played the way he wants him to.

If you're a once in a lifetime talent like lebron, you can get away with that and teams will deal with the sideshow. But if you don't have that leverage, some teams may choose to pass on him because of the father.

:lol: The most ridiculous responses in here are from the, "What is his father supposed to do" crowd.

As if THAT is the ONLY way a parent can support a child OLO

Back
Top Bottom