****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Lavar is trolling his sons into the league.This is a clear sign of how weak Basketball is on all fronts.Sons will be average at best.Lonzo maxes out at 20-25 ppg if he stays healthy.Liangalo is going to be Big Baby 2.0/jae crowder 2.0 at best if he loses weight and tones up.Lamelo=Doc Rivers son/Seth Curry 2.0.I dont see greatness.I see average players with well to do parents.That send them to camps.While playing garbage competition.Made the right videos to market them in the right way.There trolling there way into the league.Greatness is Lebron getting 40-55 against Trevor A. Team on ESPN in High School.Not his parent trolling on First Take.To make us believe.

Lavar is trolling his sons into the league.This is a clear sign of how weak Basketball is on all fronts.Sons will be average at best.Lonzo maxes out at 20-25 ppg if he stays healthy.Liangalo is going to be Big Baby 2.0/jae crowder 2.0 at best if he loses weight and tones up.Lamelo=Doc Rivers son/Seth Curry 2.0.I dont see greatness.I see average players with well to do parents.That send them to camps.While playing garbage competition.Made the right videos to market them in the right way.There trolling there way into the league.Greatness is Lebron getting 40-55 against Trevor A. Team on ESPN in High School.Not his parent trolling on First Take.To make us believe.
From comparing them to Lebron in High school, to saying Lonzo maxes out at 20 to 25 ppg as if that would be a bad thing, I mean you alllll over the place fam lol

man what the hell are you talking about
laugh.gif

We live in a Social Media era.Everybody has a voice.You can troll your into success.I know yall love lavar.Because he reminds yall of your drunk irate dad/uncle.At the back yard barbecue that knows everything.Lets keep this thread alive for the next 5-6 years.To see how great of players theyve become.Lonzo didnt even win the NCAA Championship.But hes suppose to be the next Magic.Were going to compare them to greats.Because Lavar is saying there going to be better than our past greats.

We live in a Social Media era.Everybody has a voice.You can troll your into success.I know yall love lavar.Because he reminds yall of your drunk irate dad/uncle.At the back yard barbecue that knows everything.Lets keep this thread alive for the next 5-6 years.To see how great of players theyve become.Lonzo didnt even win the NCAA Championship.But hes suppose to be the next Magic.Were going to compare them to greats.Because Lavar is saying there going to be better than our past greats.

I never knew how not putting a space after a period would be so annoying. Im not reading your posts cause of it. :lol:

Curious, what is Lavar Ball's occupation?

And don't respond "being a Big Baller." :lol:

Last edited:
Some of ya'll coming crazy at these kids. Quick to say "his dad put the spotlight on him" but his game also put the spotlight on him as well. They aren't just giving him D1 recruit and 5 star status just cause Lavar says so; they obviously see something in his game lol. I'm convinced half of these dudes don't watch basketball; they just come in the sports and general section and troll (or regurgitate what they hear their friends say) when the traffic in the sneaker threads are slow.

Some of ya'll coming crazy at these kids. Quick to say "his dad put the spotlight on him" but his game also put the spotlight on him as well. They aren't just giving him D1 recruit and 5 star status just cause Lavar says so; they obviously see something in his game lol. I'm convinced half of these dudes don't watch basketball; they just come in the sports and general section and troll (or regurgitate what they hear their friends say) when the traffic in the sneaker threads are slow.

Pot meet kettle. You could easily say the same for those swinging from the Ball family's sack.

Again, the NT Extremes. Got dudes who want to hate Lonzo's game because of his dad's mouth and will nitpick at anything and then you have the secret lovers who put Lonzo and his brothers up on a pedestal because of Youtube highlights and his pop's hustles.

With the amount of criticism LiAngelo Ball as gotten in here, you really gonna act like the brothers just get put up on a pedestal? And they use LaVar's hustle as the reason.

Even the Lonzo and Melo defenders have be honest about the shortcomings of both of their games.

Liangelo is the perfect example of the other point tho. He gets the hype because of lavar and the publicity the family is getting.

Hype? Like maybe one or two dudes are sold on him. Most say he has a lot of work to do.

He has gotten more attention that he otherwise have, true, but a lot of that attention has been ******** on his game.

I really haven't seen liangelo get any hype compared to his older and younger brothers. He'll get attention due to who his brothers and pops are, but it's not on the level of the other two.

Watching the younger one play. His ceiling is high. Especially when you consider he skipped a grade and is a year younger than your typcial 10th grader. He's going to get better as he improves, but he's developing some potential bad habits in terms of shot selection and chucking all game long and what have you. That's more on the coaching staffs giving him the green light to shoot bad shots all game long. He can get away with it on the high school level, but it won't work well when the competition level increases, be it on the division 1 level, or against some of the top aau teams like that Compton team.

Funny how Lonzo and Lamelo are two completely different type of players though. I'm confident in Lonzos skill set translating over well to the NBA though.

I keep seeing it mentioned that LaMelo skipped a grade. He'll be 16 in 2 months...headed to the 11th grade. 

Isn't that normal? 

Last edited:
I keep seeing it mentioned that LaMelo skipped a grade. He'll be 16 in 2 months...headed to the 11th grade. 

Isn't that normal? 

Not really. Most student turn 16 before or during their sophomore year.

He skipped 8th I believe.

He'll graduate HS at 17, which is not the norm. Most kids are 18 at graduation.

If he didn't skip a grade, he would be one of the older kids in his class. That why the age gap does seem that big

Last edited:

Isn't that normal? 

Maybe, but what does that have to do with his dad actually making him do whatever you need to do to skip his 8th grade year so the brothers could play 1 full year of high school ball together?

Maybe, but what does that have to do with his dad actually making him do whatever you need to do to skip his 8th grade year so the brothers could play 1 full year of high school ball together?
I don't know what you're talking about.

I asked about LaMelo only. 

Lamelo was born August 22. Depending on the school district, he may have narrowly missed the cut-off for starting school with people a few months older than him and instead was placed with students mostly born after him, making him one of the older people in his class.

By skipping ahead a grade, he's now with people slightly older than him. Not really a big deal either way.

That's my understanding at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom