****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Jr smith git his brother, chris smith, into thw league briefly.
If zo pans out, he may be able to force the lakers into signing him
Like many have said, lavar should have them playing in china. Biz relations and level if competition isnt as tough as euro ball.

I wonder if zo will get sent to g league.

What? Cats just say anything these days. :lol:

As far as Gelo goes, I’m guessing LaVar saw the writing on the wall and is pushing him to cash out. He’s always said that basketball is entertainment, so it makes sense for him to see his sons get paid for the entertainment they provide. He’s probably had this in mind all along for Gelo and Melo, and the China situation and suspension were what forced the “plan” into action sooner than later.

Let’s be real folks—2 or 3 years at UCLA wasn’t going to turn Gelo into NBA level talent. LaVar isn’t a complete dummy. This is half planned and half emotional reaction, IMO. I think Melo will be okay because he’s truly talented, but I wish the best for Gelo. Homie is gonna need it. :lol:

is he allowed back in China?
I can't help but feel like all that you mentioned sounds less lucrative backup plans than the traditional route as a result of jumping the gun an overselling
Yea he is.

What are you defining as the "traditional route"?

He has 2 triple doubles at 19 years old & we're sending him to the g league because he's missing shots? :lol:

He's top 5 among rookies in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. And you talking about the g leauge :lol:

Exactly.

That G league comment is exactly why people hate Lakers fans.

If you think about it...even the logo is telling you Gelo ain't it.

that's why the middle B is washed...and the other two are in color.

popup-image.jpg

What? Cats just say anything these days. :lol:

As far as Gelo goes, I’m guessing LaVar saw the writing on the wall and is pushing him to cash out. He’s always said that basketball is entertainment, so it makes sense for him to see his sons get paid for the entertainment they provide. He’s probably had this in mind all along for Gelo and Melo, and the China situation and suspension were what forced the “plan” into action sooner than later.

Let’s be real folks—2 or 3 years at UCLA wasn’t going to turn Gelo into NBA level talent. LaVar isn’t a complete dummy. This is half planned and half emotional reaction, IMO. I think Melo will be okay because he’s truly talented, but I wish the best for Gelo. Homie is gonna need it. :lol:
Gelo can help Lavar with the brand. It’s not even fair to compare Marcus Vick to Gelo. Marcus vick at least played college ball.

Does Gelo seem like he can help with a business? Lol Maybe he'll learn though.

Lavar need to chill though. He still talking about what the Lakers should and shouldn't do. They had to put in some media rule to stop him from saying dumb **** after every game. Fall back and let your son have some space. He wants to live through Lonzo.

Idk why theres still ppl think gelo can be good working on the business side, must not be show watchers cause that boy is far from being the sharpest tool in the shed

Does Gelo seem like he can help with a business? Lol Maybe he'll learn though.

Lavar need to chill though. He still talking about what the Lakers should and shouldn't do. They had to put in some media rule to stop him from saying dumb **** after every game. Fall back and let your son have some space. He wants to live through Lonzo.

I’ve said it in the past, but him talking about what Luke should do and what Randle should do and whatever else Laker related shoots himself and his son in the foot.

You can pull that stuff on the high school level where you’re kids are playing for free and high schools want your kids to play for them and you have the leverage.

Hell you can even pull it in college to a lesser extent. But in the NBA where your son is on the road with those guys 41 games out the year and shares a locker room with them, it’s a bad look. Especially when all those teammates are making millions along with the coaching staff. Just doesn’t seem like it will be received well and at some point someone’s going to tell Lonzo that he’s a grown man and for his daddy to shut the hell up or for him to tell his daddy to keep their name out his mouth.

From a skills standpoint he’ll eventually learn the pro game and has shown flashes already. But from a maturity standpoint, he seems scared of his pops and scared to tell him to fall back.

When Lavar went on the rant about the white guys at UCLA slowing them off up, he seemed hesitant to distance himself from his pops statement, same with his critique of Randle and the coaching staff. Aside from that, the not having his teammates back and using that stupid “it’s the nba, no one fights anyway” line was a bad look.

From a skills perspective he’ll get it, from a maturity perspective he comes across as sheltered and coddled at times imo.

The thing is...he shouldn't HAVE to distance himself from his father. Every time Lavar says something...it's US and the media who look to Lonzo for his reaction or response...when all son is trying to do is hoop. Nothing Lavar says or does is a reflection on Lonzo. Personally...I don't need him to prove that by making some sort of statement. If I were I him...I'd refuse to even speak on Lavar unless I'm controlling the narrative on my terms.

I can respect that. Well who knows what he’s saying behind the scenes about the stuff.

We can debate it all day, but the opinions who do hold weight are in that locker room. If his teammates feel a certain type of way about the stuff that’s one thing. I’m pretty certain we’ll get the company answer from everyone on the team regarding that stuff for the time being though.

You not helping anything by making dumb statements every week about the Lakers. He's putting Lonzo in these weird places.

"Your father said this, your father that".

Lonzo don't need to do nothing but play.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos "Aside from that, the not having his teammates back and using that stupid “it’s the nba, no one fights anyway” line was a bad look."

This!

Every leader has to stand with his guys no matter what imo.

DQTLSSSX4AER17J.jpg

LiAngelo Ball says his UCLA teammates started shoplifting first, so he joined in.
http://bit.ly/2AywV6N

To clarify: LiAngelo was asked by the Today Show if "2-3 months being suspended, that was too long for you to wait?" He then answered, "Yeah, that's the whole season, pretty much. That's just a long time of doing nothing. I'd rather be playing."

Back
Top Bottom