****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

20171215_074724.png
Repped for being able to find the post. I miss the old search functionality.

Did he post an opinion on them or just the pickup?

But back to LaVar, he’s just trying to get rich off managing his kids little fame and promoting BBB as much as he can. He needs to realize he’s a manager and not the entertainer

Why is that this is the angle people continue to turn to? These assumptions of Lavar just trying to get rich off his kids makes it seem as if Lavar is broke, living in poverty looking for a come up. From what we know I'd put the Ball family at the very least middle class, I'd even entertain an argument about them being closer to the upper middle class before Zo was drafted.

Why is that this is the angle people continue to turn to? These assumptions of Lavar just trying to get rich off his kids makes it seem as if Lavar is broke, living in poverty looking for a come up. From what we know I'd put the Ball family at the very least middle class, I'd even entertain an argument about them being closer to the upper middle class before Zo was drafted.
Agreed.
Plus, I’m not sure it’s getting rich off his kids more than it’s getting the family rich. He’s just the spokesman for the family but all of them are eating from the work he’s putting in

I never assumed he was in poverty or looking for a lottery ticket. He obviously has a very comfortable life being able to have a nice house in Chino Hills (you must be steady to be a home owner anywhere in SoCal really). But my point is that he’s putting a big gamble on the shoulders of his kids.

He can say all the outrageous things he wants. Trying to keep BBB in the media rounds, that’s fine. But when he keeps claiming stuff like he can take MJ 1v1, and calling Shaq a broke boi, then he just looks mentally ******ed. And it doesn’t affect him at all. Everything gets put on his sons. They going after Zos head every night just in spite of his father. And best believe the younger 2 is gonna get worked in Lithuania when they rolling through the village with a camera crew

I'm asking a question so if you can't provide an answer i'm not interested in your comment

QUOTE="206to813, post: 29226953, member: 148269"]Bro why are you slurping so hard[/QUOTE]

I never assumed he was in poverty or looking for a lottery ticket. He obviously has a very comfortable life being able to have a nice house in Chino Hills (you must be steady to be a home owner anywhere in SoCal really). But my point is that he’s putting a big gamble on the shoulders of his kids.

He can say all the outrageous things he wants. Trying to keep BBB in the media rounds, that’s fine. But when he keeps claiming stuff like he can take MJ 1v1, and calling Shaq a broke boi, then he just looks mentally ******ed. And it doesn’t affect him at all. Everything gets put on his sons. They going after Zos head every night just in spite of his father. And best believe the younger 2 is gonna get worked in Lithuania when they rolling through the village with a camera crew

1. It sounds like you"re just refusing to be in on the joke. (obviously he cant beat Jordan..)
2. "They goin after Zo head". Beverly was literally the only person who has made it a point to be boisterous about playing against Lonzo. Outside of that its been rather competitive night in and night out and Lonzo has responded well.

I dont understand why people are taking this family's moves so personal.

1. It sounds like you"re just refusing to be in on the joke. (obviously he cant beat Jordan..)
2. "They goin after Zo head". Beverly was literally the only person who has made it a point to be boisterous about playing against Lonzo. Outside of that its been rather competitive night in and night out and Lonzo has responded well.

I dont understand why people are taking this family's moves so personal.

1. Duh it’s a joke. But these jokes is a corny laughable way to promote your brand.
2. True, but Lonzo performance has be so-so. Disastrous at times. How much pressure is from his fathers antics? Well find out

It's the NBA. They're all going at each other's heads every night.
Nah they ain’t going at each other’s head every night. All these guys are buddy buddies off the court.

80’s-90’s era is where teams were true enemies. Better stay on your side of the court during pre game warm ups and halftime. Ain’t no chit chat and photo ops with a opposing player during shoot around back then.

So because guys are friends off the court....

It means they aren't competitive on it.

Got it.
I don’t see what’s so hard to understand that guys took it personal back in day? Bird vs Magic, MJ vs the Pistons. The competitiveness was a lot different compared to the comptivveness of today.

Back then dudes didn’t talk to each other during shoot around and pre-game warm ups.

These days you got Draymond crying in the parking lot after losing game 7 as he has KD on the phone asking him to come to Bay Area...

1. Duh it’s a joke. But these jokes is a corny laughable way to promote your brand.
2. True, but Lonzo performance has be so-so. Disastrous at times. How much pressure is from his fathers antics? Well find out

1. It's laughable to you, but Lavar has achieved his mission by saying those ridiculous comments. Everybody stays talking about BBB because of those antics.

2. So-so? his shooting is trash af but the rookie is averaging 9 7 7. Once again, he's a mf rookie lol. Of course, his play will look disastrous at times. Beverly went for Zo's head but now son's out for the entire season b.

Look at how far the Balls are at now. They have done it the Lavar way since Day1. Things look ridiculous and crazy at times but things look that way because they're being done the unconventional way. Lavar still hasn't taken an L, thus far. MFs stay hating.

I don’t see what’s so hard to understand that guys took it personal back in day? Bird vs Magic, MJ vs the Pistons. The competitiveness was a lot different compared to the comptivveness of today.

Back then dudes didn’t talk to each other during shoot around and pre-game warm ups.

These days you got Draymond crying in the parking lot after losing game 7 as he has KD on the phone asking him to come to Bay Area...

You know...Chuck and Mike were like best friends...and would turn up with each other before or after games. Many players would have dinners over each other’s houses when they were coming In town.

Magic and Zeke used to literally KISS on the court :lol:. And they played each other in the FINALS.

2EBD2434-ADFA-42CF-AF35-9F34265EB19E.jpeg

Players in the 80's and 90's were friends off the court too. Don't let the "mythological" 80's 90's crap fool you.

You think players today don't compete? Bron and draymond are good friends, but on that court he called Lebron a *****. I don't know if you watch basketball but they compete just as hard now as they ever did.

Players in the 80's and 90's were friends off the court too. Don't let the "mythological" 80's 90's crap fool you.

You think players today don't compete? Bron and draymond are good friends, but on that court he called Lebron a *****. I don't know if you watch basketball but they compete just as hard now as they ever did.
Nah bruh league soft as ever. It’s not all on the players it is also due to the rule changes. Kobe was the last one to give no f*#% when he was on the court. Maybe Cousins is the only one today with that mentality. Draymond the type to appear tough and heartless but he soft too

Lavar need to pull on Chuck lol

Well said by CTG.

It’s mind boggling how people don’t even attempt to see what Lavar is TRYING to do. Even if he has missteps....to continuously label him as a “money hungry”, “talentless”, “attention seeking” man....that is “exploiting” his children is ridiculously problematic.

Guy done provided and raised his boys up to have a skill that has already changed their lives off of Lonzo alone. And then there is the generational wealth aspect that he’s obviously trying to build. Family business is frowned upon I guess. Black men aren’t aloud to build generational wealth with their children I guess.

They want you to take a crumb of the white mans pie...and be happy, Humble, in order and quiet with it.

BBB and Zo May not be THE ones that could change the landscape...but they are undoubtly a trailblazer...and the seed that’s planted for a more savvy, talented family down the line.

Nah bruh league soft as ever. It’s not all on the players it is also due to the rule changes. Kobe was the last one to give no f*#% when he was on the court. Maybe Cousins is the only one today with that mentality. Draymond the type to appear tough and heartless but he soft too

You def don’t watch basketball :lol:

You just go by “narratives”.

Facts!

Some people are unreachable :lol:. You just gave the man a clear example. I just posted magic and Isaiah kissing on the court...

And dude responds with “the league is soft”...kobe and Demarcus cousins have the 80s mentality :rofl:

:smh:. Some of these dudes man.....

Charles was and will always be a simpleton racoon. It's not that he doesn't see the bigger picture he doesn't want one

Back
Top Bottom