****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Dudes still compete but the rule changes is what made the league softer now and the situation at Detroit. Everything is a flagrant now, dudes can't even trash talk cuz David Stern made moves to try to "clean up" the league.

Look at Chuck and Mike being best of friends. Chuck saying he don’t wanna hurt Mike :lol:

“Bbbbut bbbut....tough guys in the 80s and 90s. They weren’t friendly :rolleyes:lol:“

Dudes still compete but the rule changes is what made the league softer now and the situation at Detroit. Everything is a flagrant now, dudes can't even trash talk cuz David Stern made moves to try to "clean up" the league.

For sure. If you wanna say the officiating doesnt alllow the the players to be as physical these days, or talk more ****.....sure. Absolutely. But to act like dudes don’t “compete” and ain’t trying to win at all costs on the court like in previous years is false.

You gotta play within the rules you are in.

Pisses me off every time I see dudes talking **** to each other and the ref runs in like it's some big fight giving double tech's.

I’m talking about the game as a whole. Yeah there was instances of sportsmanship back then. You can google magic giving out kisses all you want but you’re missing the big picture. Yeah MJ and bird made commercials together and what not. But when it was time to go to battle players were enemies and things would get chippy.
Like Bird said on many occasions to be the best you had to beat the best. Now days it’s all about super teams but that’s a different topic

I’m talking about the game as a whole. Yeah there was instances of sportsmanship back then. You can google magic giving out kisses all you want but you’re missing the big picture. Yeah MJ and bird made commercials together and what not. But when it was time to go to battle players were enemies and things would get chippy.
Like Bird said on many occasions to be the best you had to beat the best. Now days it’s all about super teams but that’s a different topic

Draymond literally called LeBron a bish on the court...Bron stepped over him intentionally and Draymond hit the ***** in the nuts :lol:. That’s chippy. It ain’t all smiles on the court man. They get chippy too.

Them ***** chop it up in the barbershop and hang out not long after the damn finals.

You have a romanticized view of sports and competitiveness.

You know...Chuck and Mike were like best friends...and would turn up with each other before or after games. Many players would have dinners over each other’s houses when they were coming In town.

Magic and Zeke used to literally KISS on the court :lol:. And they played each other in the FINALS.

2EBD2434-ADFA-42CF-AF35-9F34265EB19E.jpeg

famb. I could have sworn that Zeke himself said that Magic would personally pick him up from the airport and let him stay in the guest room of his mansion before games lmao

Look Linagelo will never play professional basketball on a high level,

so would Liangelo like to be famous and make money off fame? or be lonzo's pudgy, anonymous, loser brother making money playing ball in Estonia?

Lamelo I could argue Lavar is playing this all, wrong, he has the talent but needs to develop, he would probably better off playing ball in a real league or high school.

How can you exploit YOUR OWN KIDS :lol: :lol:

I mean I get how you can but Lavar's got the fam in a 5 Million dollar mansion. You could say that Lavar's training from when they were babies ultimately got all of them scholarships to UCLA, and got one of them in the NBA as a #2 draft pick.

There's a fine line between exploiting and nourishing. The latter is what Lavar CLEARLY did and is continuing to do as a father. I can't help it if i've nourished my kid's talents to the point where they're all professionals and making money. It's not like he's hoarding bread. Melo makes bread off of BBB and his endeavors. So does Gelo. So does Lonzo.

Lavar has honed and nourished his kid's talents to the point where they can be compensated handsomely for it, of course he should get a piece of that. HE STARTED THE ****. It's not like he forced Zo, gelo, and melo to hoop. They wanted this. THEY WANT THIS. And he's being a father, helping them be all that they can be. It's not like his kids are slaving they're all ******* millionaires :lol:

I root for Lavar and BBB, we come from very similar backgrounds so it sucks to see people only seeing Lavar benefiting from this BBB regime when the whole team is eating. He's got his brothers jobs, he's got Tina's fam living right, he's helped make 3 millionaires for sons, like all of this is happening you only see Lavar's loud mouth? FOH BARKELY

I think lonzo got them in a 5 million dollar mansion, not Lavar. The mansion was purchased after the draft. People are going to see this Lavar situation however they want to see it. I think Lavar has enjoyed the spotlight and has leveraged some of his antics off of lonzos talent.

Charles is an idiot though because regardless of how you choose to see the situation, I think we all know lonzo loves his kids and would do anything for them. Calling someone a bad father is some scum ****.

Back
Top Bottom