The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Hey man don't feel down about it, I've been going for years in uniform and they never let me use it. But I always ask, this time they just said sure no problem. It all depends on the store/employee

I think it's BS that they say "no I'm sorry, but if we still have them two weeks from now you can use your discount". Really? Your employees get their 30% off on release day. Makes me want to be that guy to buy them at full price on the first day, go back exactly two weeks later return them and repurchase to get my 20%. It's just the principle
Yeah, guess it just depends. lol They let me use the military discount on my penny Vs on release date last year. I always ask. The cashier let me double up, so I copped two pairs. 

Hey man don't feel down about it, I've been going for years in uniform and they never let me use it. But I always ask, this time they just said sure no problem. It all depends on the store/employee

I think it's BS that they say "no I'm sorry, but if we still have them two weeks from now you can use your discount". Really? Your employees get their 30% off on release day. Makes me want to be that guy to buy them at full price on the first day, go back exactly two weeks later return them and repurchase to get my 20%. It's just the principle

You should. Some of these clowns would make their own rules up though and try and give you run around though and you'd be we'll within your means to call corporate off of principle.

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and
wouldn't give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Last edited:
:lol:

I feel like I'm back in middle school where the kid who got caught cheating on the test snitched on everyone else.

Repped.

SMH @ the thought of getting someone fired because you want to save $25 :smh:

How am I getting them fired? Their actions get them fired. I was completely within the right of gettig the Niketown employee fired a few years back because of how he acted. Anyhow I got my $25 refunded with no problems so that's all that really matters to me.

I said smh @ even having the thought..... even if they rejected the coupon is a $25 discount really worth someone job ?

Before you run that the old "its a matter of principal" routine.... where is the honor in potentially destroying someones means of income and livelihood because you couldn't cheat the system ?

^^^ never had the ogs but these look good. My left shoe when I try it on - I can feel the plastic on the left side pushing on my foot. Kind of weird because it's not the wavy plastic. It's in between the cloth.

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and wouldnt give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time. Some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.

Quality is amazing.

Absolutely best release this year.
153d67862dcb11e3b9a022000a1fa535_7.jpg

Hey brahs.... I told ya'll all I needed was one pair
pimp.gif

Release of the year.
I still have to wait a couple more weeks for them to get my pair sent overseas but looking at these pickup pics have gotten me really excited. Was thinking about canceling my END pre-order but now i think i'll just keep both, especially with the hype and foolery that's been growing exponentially with all Jordan retro releases now.

Random thoughts on these:

- Anyone else notice it looks like there are 2 kinds of tissue paper being used ? Some had a lightly patterned paper while others were plain

- Quality looks great on all the pairs Ive seen.... Not a bad apple yet

- I kind of like the contrasting white swoosh on the velcro tab... at first I was on the fence because its different from the OGs... but I think it actually looks pretty darn good

-Is anyone else ever so slightly bothered by the name printed on the box ? I know its a tiny insignificant detail but "Air Zoom Flight The Glove" as a single phrase seems odd to me :lol:... A simple "Air Glove" or "Zoom Flight 98" like the OGs would have sufficed

for those who miss out today, some of the stores that released these will be getting a small restock on Thursday the 10th (also NDC will have these that day) so start calling your local stores to confirm if they're restocking

Last edited:
I said smh @ even having the thought..... even if they rejected the coupon is a $25 discount really worth someone job ?

Before you run that the old "its a matter of principal" routine.... where is the honor in potentially destroying someones means of income and livelihood because you couldn't cheat the system ?

Today's my brothers birthday actually. If they gave me runaround when I tried to get the difference refunded I would've asked them politely if I can bring my brother. Return them and have him purchase them again using the coupon. If they were to deny that what would your excuse be to defend the company?

End of the day how is them honoring the coupon and refunding the difference hurting the employee? How does it affect them? Can you answer that please.

If they rejected the coupon and my brother who's bday is today tried using it then yes it is worth their job. I could care less about their job if their going to be a jerk to me and knowing their an at will employee you would think they would realize their expendable and a bunch of people would take their job in a heartbeat. Like I said. I worked retail. If a customer wanted to use a coupon I would shut up and do my job and honor it. I'm not there to make up my own silly rules for a company I work for. The merchandise doesn't belong to me and if a customer is saving money it didn't hurt me so I could care less.

picked up a pair, def a great shoe!

just dissapointed that the red strips uon the sole aren't translucent like the og's. That and the lack of carbon fiber. But solid retro overall.

Don't see what's so unreasonable about gettig my gas money and money spent on parking refunded by the employee in that Niketown situation. I was returning an unworn pair of shoes with receipt. He tried telling me "no refunds on launch product items". This wasnt mentioned to me upon purchase, it was nowhere in writing, and was nowhere on my receipt. I made a scene and had a right to. I told the employee that he just wasted my time and gas money by not following his company policy and that if its like that he should cover my gas money and parking fee. He was being slick and said it wasn't his problem. I couldn't put hands on him because id get in trouble for that so I called nike corporate. Explained the situation and went to another Niketown got my refund no questions asked. Nike corporate gave me a $50 gift card to make the situation right and told me that employee was no longer working with the company. That all could've been avoided if he just honored his stores return policy. I don't get why he would try and give me unnecessary run around.

Put them on right now and walked around for a lil bit.

Someone mentioned it earlier, there's a lil (very small) discomfort on the left foot pinky toe.

But I absolutely love the lock down feel when they're laced up and zipped. If I was young, I could see myself balling in these.

At first I didn't wanna double up but now am very glad I did. May even try to triple up if I can do a trade. Not that I wouldn't spend cash, just other priorities.

Even if the employee was in the wrong you can't expect someone to give you cash out of their own pocket, no major corporation works like that.

If anything a gift card from the company or a stamp to void your parking is reasonable.

Compensation should be made by the company.

What you were asking for was unreasonable.

Last edited:
Went to the mall around 3pm. Got a size 12. No problems. My right shoe had a few defects, glue etc. Nothing you can notice too bad without analyzing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom