The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

These took me back to when I was a kid bi couldn't pass these up. Plus the dude let me use my military, so for 125, I wished he had another 11!

Walked into footlocker at 4:30pm and didn't have my size 11 but I sized up to 12 with perfect fit. Happy is an under statement.

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and wouldnt give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time. Some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.
tru any money saved is good I hate wen they write final sale on receipt like wtf wat if the shoe dnt fit or sumthn? n thry dnt want u to get a refund

I'm not from New York, but I'm on vacation and thought that I was going to miss out, but my friend at home in Denver, got a size 13 for me and I was able to find another size 13 at HOH in Harlem. I still have both OG White on black and Black on White pairs, but I wore a size 12 when they first dropped and my feet grew with old age, so I had to buy these in a 13.

There are differences, between the 2, but I'm not going to complain one bit. I love the quality on these. They're definitely on par. :smokin

P.S. HOH has lots of pairs left if anybody is looking locally. I don't think that the Gloves are as loved here on the East Coast as they are in the West and West Coast. They had 3 size 13's there, so I know that they have lot's of them.

Good luck to everybody.

FInally found a FA with a 10.5..I wanted an 11 cause I have a 10.5 coming, a lil snug, but I'm glad I got them.

Gloves>All J's this year...Don't care what you say.

tru any money saved is good I hate wen they write final sale on receipt like wtf wat if the shoe dnt fit or sumthn? n thry dnt want u to get a refund

Exactly. I've worked retail in my younger days. I was just there to do my job and follow the policies corporate and the company made. It would be employees that would lie to customers and make up silly rules and almost all the time it backfired on them.

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and wouldnt give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time. Some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.

Comments like this will make it so that none of us will get to use the coupon in the future.
All they have to so is look at your id and say it's not your birthday month and you don't qualify. Don't be a douche about $25 man especially if the place is lax enough to not look into whether you are eligible or not.

You being stupid and calling corporate and saying hey, dudes on a shoe community using a coupon and it's not their birthday so I want to do so also is the single most stupidest thing I've heard all day.
Something like that will get an email sent to all managers instructing employees to look at Ids for all requests. They are already starting to require the coupon be printed vs just being able to show it on your phone.

My local HOH let me use a bday coupon :smokin
And if youre in SF/Bay Area, call Shiekhs on Market st. for sizes. I picked up my second pair an hour ago.

man they aint let me use my military. I got off work and came in UNIFORM.

Hey man don't feel down about it, I've been going for years in uniform and they never let me use it. But I always ask, this time they just said sure no problem. It all depends on the store/employee

I think it's BS that they say "no I'm sorry, but if we still have them two weeks from now you can use your discount". Really? Your employees get their 30% off on release day. Makes me want to be that guy to buy them at full price on the first day, go back exactly two weeks later return them and repurchase to get my 20%. It's just the principle

Walked into my local ftl around 12, my pair got put on hold because I won a raffle. Let me use my birthday coupon, my pair came out to $130& some change. Glad to see everyone that wanted a pair is getting them. Everyone else can have those bum *** bel airs lol.

Finally got a chance to try my pair on this evening...

The zipper on my right shoe has a bent "tooth" and snags a bit when you try to zip it up at the halfway point...

It takes a bit of a tug to get it up (giggidy) but I guess its alright since they'll never be zipped up anyways.

Comments like this will make it so that none of us will get to use the coupon in the future.
All they have to so is look at your id and say it's not your birthday month and you don't qualify. Don't be a douche about $25 man especially if the place is lax enough to not look into whether you are eligible or not.

You being stupid and calling corporate and saying hey, dudes on a shoe community using a coupon and it's not their birthday so I want to do so also is the single most stupidest thing I've heard all day.
Something like that will get an email sent to all managers instructing employees to look at Ids for all requests. They are already starting to require the coupon be printed vs just being able to show it on your phone.

Repped.

SMH @ the thought of getting someone fired because you want to save $25 :smh:

such a care free copp, woke up didnt even think to rush, got to the mall had a 20 min convo while going through pairs to find the right one, and i tried on the pair i bought, havent had that feeling in a long time.
I feel the same. Went to work, went and copped during lunch around noon. Great feeling.

Repped.

SMH @ the thought of getting someone fired because you want to save $25 :smh:

How am I getting them fired? Their actions get them fired. I was completely within the right of gettig the Niketown employee fired a few years back because of how he acted. Anyhow I got my $25 refunded with no problems so that's all that really matters to me.

Back
Top Bottom