The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Went to the mall around 3pm. Got a size 12. No problems. My right shoe had a few defects, glue etc. Nothing you can notice too bad without analyzing it.
i started picking at the glue on the Nylon Covering, left a dimmer black from where some of the fibers came off. Still not noticeable though.

Last edited:
Dude is lame asking for gas money dude lucky he didn't catch the fade

How is it lame? I was doing a perfectly normal return. Nothing shady nothing underhanded and dude tried to be a jerk. If he tried putting hands on me id defend myself legally and guess who would be the one getting in trouble after cameras were looked at. If you like letting people play you and walk all over you and not do anything about it I guess that works for you.

You can't expect someone to give you cash out of their own pocket, if anything a gift card from the company or a stamp to void your parking is reasonable.

Compensation should be made by the company.

What you were asking for was unreasonable.

True but he made it an issue between me and him. I was legitimately tight. Almost to the point where I wanted to wait for him to get off work and press him about his actions but I realized how stupid and irrational that would be.

I got compensated by the company but it should've never got to that to begin with.

On the birthday coupon stuff I could at least rationalize with the other viewpoint even though I disagree I can see where there coming from. This Niketown employee no matter how anyone cuts it was in the wrong.

I was trying to do my return and keep it moving that day, not get into an unnecessary heated situation with an employee on a power trip.

you were legit tight and u stepped to another man demanding he give you gas money that fits all the criteria of being a lame. Your not entitled to anything son but a fade if you want to act like that to somebody . I hate customers like you ,your money isn't worth that much to act out and get dumb yet when you really want something you try to buddy up and be friends with workers that you would otherwise snitch on or try to make miserable when things didnt go your way. Thats the problem with the american consumer base overtly entitled privileged people who sit back and believe the customer is always right dogma that has ruined and set the service industry back a hundred years.

@cedricceballos

As a retail employee, I'm personally guilty of not bending or compromising with a customer just to prove my point. It's kinda like, I wanna prove to u and myself that I have the authority.

I'm not saying what u did was right or wrong. Actually I kinda think what u did was right and wrong. Asking for a return was ok and calling corporate is ok too. But asking for gas, that's just comical!

It's funny cuz now that I'm older and in a different profession with more responsibilities and authority, I simply give the customer what they want cuz it's not my money nor is it worth my time to sit and fight with people (unless they're repeat offenders. Lol!)

We work very closely with the P&L of our business and the little fees we waive aren't significant enough to be very impactful to the bottom line.

So, give the customer what they want and keep them moving. Actually, has a much more positive effect because now the Customer becomes much more loyal but also tells people of what "Favor" u did for them

Last edited:
Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Don't see what's so unreasonable about gettig my gas money and money spent on parking refunded by the employee in that Niketown situation. I was returning an unworn pair of shoes with receipt. He tried telling me "no refunds on launch product items". This wasnt mentioned to me upon purchase, it was nowhere in writing, and was nowhere on my receipt. I made a scene and had a right to. I told the employee that he just wasted my time and gas money by not following his company policy and that if its like that he should cover my gas money and parking fee. He was being slick and said it wasn't his problem. I couldn't put hands on him because id get in trouble for that so I called nike corporate. Explained the situation and went to another Niketown got my refund no questions asked. Nike corporate gave me a $50 gift card to make the situation right and told me that employee was no longer working with the company. That all could've been avoided if he just honored his stores return policy. I don't get why he would try and give me unnecessary run around.

:lol: and your calling employees the "retail Warriors"... saying they were power tripping ? Pot meet Kettle.

you were legit tight and u stepped to another man demanding he give you gas money that fits all the criteria of being a lame. Your not entitled to anything son but a fade if you want to act like that to somebody . I hate customers like you ,your money isn't worth that much to act out and get dumb yet when you really want something you try to buddy up and be friends with workers that you would otherwise snitch on or try to make miserable when things didnt go your way. Thats the problem with the american consumer base overtly entitled privileged people who sit back and believe the customer is always right dogma that has ruined and set the service industry back a hundred years.

You sound foolish. How was the employee in the right for denying my return in that given situation? I didn't have a right to be mad? I wasted time and gas money and a parking fee to do a return. A legit by the book return. Dude wanted to he a chump and make his own rules up for no reason. Its funny how I went to another Niketown and got my return with no questions asked. What's entitled about doing a return company policy allowed I had my receipt the shoes were unworn.

I feel for you man. Perhaps retail isn't for you if your talkin about having customers "catch a fade" in a situation where they have a right to be angry. That mindset is just going to lead you to catching foolish cases and being in and out the system due to your own ignorance.

And for the record I've had more shoe store connects then you can ever imagine and I took care of them real good and if they couldn't hook it up then I understood. But you sound foolish.

Can anyone give info on Villa?

Got my shipping confirmation. Am I good? Do they cancel orders? Where are they located? I think west coast. I live in az and shipping info said 2-3 days.

Guess the big benefit of staggered release dates is that I should have a tracking # on Monday or Tuesday. If I don't hear from them then I can focus on doubling up next weekend.

:lol: and your calling employees the "retail Warriors"... saying they were power tripping ? Pot meet Kettle.

Let me clarify what a retail warrior is. A retail warrior is someone who's a company puppet. Someone who will makeup their own silly rules for whatever reason. Someone that will give customers unnecessary hassles. See my post about the Niketown employee. That is a retail warrior. Most retail employees are cool and are just their to do their job and get their check and don't want no unnecessary problems. Some take their position and get on a power trip. Do employees at your local stores act shady when a big release comes out or have an attitude where its like their doing you a favor selling you a general release shoe for retail. Those are retail warriors. No shame in working retail, everyone has to start somewhere hit some employees act like complete tools for no reason.

In the footlocker case today. Had I got run around about getting the refund and I Came back with my brother who's birthday is today. Returned the shoes and had him use the coupon and they refused to honor it would i be wrong for getting upset. (Disregard me calling corporate) but would I be justified if they wouldn't let him use the coupon when its his birthday? Yes or no?

You sound foolish. How was the employee in the right for denying my return in that given situation? I didn't have a right to be mad? I wasted time and gas money and a parking fee to do a return. A legit by the book return. Dude wanted to he a chump and make his own rules up for no reason. Its funny how I went to another Niketown and got my return with no questions asked. What's entitled about doing a return company policy allowed I had my receipt the shoes were unworn.

I feel for you man. Perhaps retail isn't for you if your talkin about having customers "catch a fade" in a situation where they have a right to be angry. That mindset is just going to lead you to catching foolish cases and being in and out the system due to your own ignorance.

And for the record I've had more shoe store connects then you can ever imagine and I took care of them real good and if they couldn't hook it up then I understood. But you sound foolish.
Like I said you feel entitled to something if a store finds you annoying or unbearable they have a right to refuse your service. If you act rude or belligerent with a person they have a right to refuse to serve you .I've had employees who had to tell them dont serve that person if they continue to act rude to you when you explain to them various things that you can't do . We refused returns until after 12 to prevent people who robbed people for shoes from returning them and getting money off of them . Your one of those connect guys huh your breaking rules and making it hard on your so called connects by acting like an idiot.

Can anyone give info on Villa?

Got my shipping confirmation. Am I good? Do they cancel orders? Where are they located? I think west coast. I live in az and shipping info said 2-3 days.

Guess the big benefit of staggered release dates is that I should have a tracking # on Monday or Tuesday. If I don't hear from them then I can focus on doubling up next weekend.
you should be good sometimes it takes a day or two to get your tracking #, they do cancel orders but since you already have shipping confirmation you get you tracking # by tomorrow or Monday

Last edited:
Like I said you feel entitled to something if a store finds you annoying or unbearable they have a right to refuse your service. If you act rude or belligerent with a person they have a right to refuse to serve you .I've had employees who had to tell them dont serve that person if they continue to act rude to you when you explain to them various things that you can't do . We refused returns until after 12 to prevent people who robbed people for shoes from returning them and getting money off of them . Your one of those connect guys huh your breaking rules and making it hard on your so called connects by acting like an idiot.

Again you sound foolish. Believe it or not sometimes employees are in the wrong. This being one of those cases. Take the blinders off. I wasn't rude until the employee acted like a jerk. When he denied my return i asked him why, asked where it said no returns on launch product in writing, he kept making unnecessary smart remarks. I asked for a legit reason why I couldn't return the item with a receipt. I got attitude. I conducted myself in a firm but civil manner. I asked him, so I wasted time and gas money only to get denied a return company policy says I'm able to get, I should get my gas money compensated in some type of way. His response was rude and unacceptable. At that point rather then lose my cool I figured letting corporate handle it was the best way to go. Like I said. Believe it or not sometimes employees are in the wrong. I know that's hard for you to believe.

Glad everyone and their grandma got those.A release not for re-sell but for those who want it lol...now thats rare. :smokin :smokin :smokin will be waiting for my pair from end...patiently i hope.

LOL bruh mad about 25 dollars that hes not even supposed to get. Ethics bruh.

So if I were to return them and have my brother who's birthday it is today use the coupon he should get denied? How does that make sense. Anyhow that $25 will go to a few drinks tonight when I go out and money saved is always a good thing.

Let me clarify what a retail warrior is. A retail warrior is someone who's a company puppet. Someone who will makeup their own silly rules for whatever reason. Someone that will give customers unnecessary hassles. See my post about the Niketown employee. That is a retail warrior. Most retail employees are cool and are just their to do their job and get their check and don't want no unnecessary problems. Some take their position and get on a power trip. Do employees at your local stores act shady when a big release comes out or have an attitude where its like their doing you a favor selling you a general release shoe for retail. Those are retail warriors. No shame in working retail, everyone has to start somewhere hit some employees act like complete tools for no reason.

In the footlocker case today. Had I got run around about getting the refund and I Came back with my brother who's birthday is today. Returned the shoes and had him use the coupon and they refused to honor it would i be wrong for getting upset. (Disregard me calling corporate) but would I be justified if they wouldn't let him use the coupon when its his birthday? Yes or no?

... ok so I guess that would make you a "Discount Warrior" ?

On the hypothetical situation of denying your brother on his BD... yeah, that would be messed up and certainly warrant a call to corporate. But thats nothing like the way the situation you just described actually went down.

Im done with this convo though.... Not trying to salt up the good vibes in an otherwise awesome thread :nthat:

so we crying bout not getting 25 dollars off now lol

broke ***** talk. i cant relate my man

its not that serious

strong avy to post ratio :rofl:

So if I were to return them and have my brother who's birthday it is today use the coupon he should get denied? How does that make sense. Anyhow that $25 will go to a few drinks tonight when I go out and money saved is always a good thing.
Coupon is supposed to be for YOUR birthday, not your bros. What your bro does is up to your bro, not you. Worked Retail before with customers like you and I try to get you out as soon as possible because you try the best way to take advantage of loop holes. Want your stuff, just get it and leave. If you gotta worry that much about 25 dollars, maybe you shouldn't even be buying sneakers.

Anyways, leave it alone and back on topic.

Its all gucci. The employee let me double up. I paid retail for em but got two pair, so its a win.

damn dude that sucks...

i remember back in the day i use to go to footlocker and if i bought more than one pair of the same shoe the dude would give me 20 to 30 percent off everytime... any shoe.. i didnt even know dude like that but i always bought there so i dunno lol no coupon needed. i always thought he was letting me use his employee discount but we werent even family or friends lol

Coupon is supposed to be for YOUR birthday, not your bros. What your bro does is up to your bro, not you. Worked Retail before with customers like you and I try to get you out as soon as possible because you try the best way to take advantage of loop holes. Want your stuff, just get it and leave. If you gotta worry that much about 25 dollars, maybe you shouldn't even be buying sneakers.

Anyways, leave it alone and back on topic.

Your last part has nothing to do with anything. That $25 can go to other shoes. You'd get in trouble with corporate because id return the shoes with my receipt. Nothing wrong with that. My brother would use a coupon that he can use on his birthday. Nothing wrong with that. $25 is saved and its just the fact that any money saved is always a bonus. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. There not your shoes so why would you care.

damn dude that sucks...

i remember back in the day i use to go to footlocker and if i bought more than one pair of the same shoe the dude would give me 20 to 30 percent off everytime... any shoe.. i didnt even know dude like that but i always bought there so i dunno lol no coupon needed. i always thought he was letting me use his employee discount but we werent even family or friends lol
to be fair tho....a lot of shady **** was happening with the millitary discount

my boy use to just apply it for me. untill they started cracking down

crying about using coupons on sneakers?

If arguing over a discount = crying then you don't know what the word crying means. You sound silly though. Sound like your typical uptown cat with his priorities all messed up. Will spend money to stunt with sneakers and pretend your balling yet struggle to have $ for your metrocard

Your last part has nothing to do with anything. That $25 can go to other shoes. You'd get in trouble with corporate because id return the shoes with my receipt. Nothing wrong with that. My brother would use a coupon that he can use on his birthday. Nothing wrong with that. $25 is saved and its just the fact that any money saved is always a bonus. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. There not your shoes so why would you care.
maybe you should focus on your priorities

scaming a sneaker store and find loopholes around saving 20 dollars means you have financial problems

Back
Top Bottom