The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

GP's son just posted a pic of the black ones on his twitter and under the caption it reads "#tbt GP the gloves releasing in Oct"

GP's son just posted a pic of the black ones on his twitter and under the caption it reads "#tbt GP the gloves releasing in Oct"

can you post a link/pic? :nerd:

EDIT: nevermind i found it

i hope this is true... and it better not be some stupid HOH exclusive

Last edited:
^
Thanks for the pics, but those look like some PE's rather than samples or prototypes.

Either way I'm still anxiously anticipating a retro........make it happen Nike!

I've recently purchased an original black/white/crimson pair in my size, complete and DS too! I'm so stoked! I literally can't wait for them to get here.

I've been looking for this shoe FOREVER!!! Top five for sure.

Last edited:
amen on the 5 pairs brother, ill stick to 3 pairs cus imma run outta closet space pretty soon......this shoes are legendary, played b-ball in em for summer league in hs......great shoe......they dont make em like this no more!!!

won't know till they retro it doggy, usually retros are for wearing and lack the og performance features......but back in the day the og gloves were hella comfortable, my foot is flat as can be and they gave me sum cushion, one of the first lightweight and supportive shoesm which was also comfortable!

pretty excited for this one! especially since more people dislike them than like them... meaning i will get them for the LOVE price.

Mam I'm si excited for this release. I can't believe there's no concrete confirmation. I'ma sell my cavs for this release.

pretty excited for this one! especially since more people dislike them than like them... meaning i will get them for the LOVE price.

Man... I REALLY hope so. I have a feeling (more like paranoia at this point) if these do drop soon it will be on some Ultra Limited HoH QickStrike BS.

Like Ive said twice already... I have been looking forward to this shoe more than ANY other shoe since news of a possible re-release first broke so if for some reason these release and are nearly impossible to get ... Someone please look out for a fellow NTer and GP fan.

I might as well stop buying kicks from now on because nothing will top these.

^ I know the White/Greens came with silver laces from the factory but what color came in the black/crimsons? I remember them being white, but now Im thinking they might have used the same round silver ones as the White/Green.

Is Nike releasing the Original Glove (Evander Holyfield commercial), the whole series or just any pair?

Is Nike releasing the Original Glove (Evander Holyfield commercial), the whole series or just any pair?

The pair in the Holyfield commercial is the Nike Zoom GP originally released 1999 (this was actually Paytons 3rd shoe with Nike). The pair speculated to release soon is the Nike Zoom Flight 98 originally released in 1998 (aka "The Gloves").

I dont think we will see the Zoom GPs any time soon. The ratchet closure is pretty expensive and the design of the shoe is pretty extreme for most people. The GPs sold pretty poorly compared to the Flight 98, FSRs of the now popular black/neon GPs sat for over 3 years at a local mall here.

While on the topic of Payton commercials.....

Payton Vs. Holyfield round 1&2

Rookie

Killer Bees

VCBB4 Vs. GPs Afro :smile:lollove this one)

H.O.R.S.E. (one of my favorite Nike commercials ever)

Last edited:
The pair in the Holyfield commercial is the Nike Zoom GP originally released 1999 (this was actually Paytons 3rd shoe with Nike). The pair speculated to release soon is the Nike Zoom Flight 98 originally released in 1998 (aka "The Gloves").
I dont think we will see the Zoom GPs any time soon. The ratchet closure is pretty expensive and the design of the shoe is pretty extreme for most people. The GPs sold pretty poorly compared to the Flight 98, FSRs of the now popular black/neon GPs sat for over 3 years at a local mall here.
While on the topic of Payton commercials.....
Payton Vs. Holyfield round 1&2

Rookie

Killer Bees

VCBB4 Vs. GPs Afro :smile:lollove this one)

H.O.R.S.E. (one of my favorite Nike commercials ever)

Thanks for the explanation! The Holyfield commercial is just the best, I have to laugh everytime I see Gary's face when he looks down at Evanders shoes!

I am totally in the original Nike Zoom GP, too bad I never bought any, hopefully they will be released some time soon as well! This black and green is just :smokin!

Back
Top Bottom