The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

TIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Them orange joints are doooope!!

Can any one refresh my memory, i have a brain fart at the moment...... how about the cheaper versions? they were gloves too, but they were much more simple. can anyone enlighten me by letting me know the name and possibly a picture of them? they were dope too.

they were called the son of glove's

i swear i heard that they werent making the bootie removable on the retro? am i trippin...... or is this true?

Flight 98s never had a removable bootie. Only the GP 3s from 2001 had a removable bootie.

The removable bootie was also a feature on the Kidds and Pippens from that year.

Credit OP on S/C for the on-feet. Nice color combo but still a pass. Bet on Black.

Zipper looks like it'll snap easily. :nerd:

Last edited:
It looks the same on the OG. Those are suprisingly strong, but they WILL hurt your fingers if you're trying to full zip. You gotta position your foot just right. :lol:

Black/Whites better be a mass GR and as easy a cop as the Black/White Flight Ones. Will grab well executed heat colorways on disco.

Last edited:
Credit OP on S/C for the on-feet. Nice color combo but still a pass. Bet on Black.

Zipper looks like it'll snap easily. :nerd:

:x Not with the cuff again :lol: These Shoes look so damn wonky when worn with jeans :smh: :lol:

Disappointed that zipper looks like the OG Zipper that broke so easily. Both Flight 98s and a few of the early colorways of the SOGs used a similar zipper.
These are the zippers the broke easily so halfway through the SOG run they switched to a thicker zipper that stayed closed better and didnt break at the tip. This was the same thick zipper with the swoosh embossed trapezoidal pull tab used on the FP1s and nearly all zippered shoes made after 1998.

Last edited:
Is there a way to fix a broken zipper?

Depends... they OG broke in a few different ways... Thats why Im so disappointed to see them use the same zipper instead of the sturdier modified zipper used on the FP1s.

The most common failure was the pull tab itself snapping. This is usually not fixable... if you could fix it it was usually done with a paperclip or piece of wire and looked terrible

Another extremely common failure was the zipper "popping" open from the middle when zipped and then the pulltab gets stuck offtrack at the top... this is also unfixable. Youll see alot of OG pairs on the bay that have this problem.

The least common was popped stitching that attaches the zipper to the shroud. This is the least common and easiest to fix.

Is there a way to fix a broken zipper?

Depends... they OG broke in a few different ways... Thats why Im so disappointed to see them use the same zipper instead of the sturdier modified zipper used on the FP1s.

The most common failure was the pull tab itself snapping. This is usually not fixable... if you could fix it it was usually done with a paperclip or piece of wire and looked terrible

Another extremely common failure was the zipper "popping" open from the middle when zipped and then the pulltab gets stuck offtrack at the top... this is also unfixable. Youll see alot of OG pairs on the bay that have this problem.

The least common was popped stitching that attaches the zipper to the shroud. This is the least common and easiest to fix.

The pop happened to me. There was a LOT of yanking and pulling of the zipper. Eventually it reattached, but my hand was messed up in the process.

...all of that sounds bad ..I hope I or any of you have this problem

Problems ran rampant on the OG. SOOOOO many returns/exchanges due to zipper malfunctions

I cant imagine with Nikes recent cost cutting measures that these will be any better :rolleyes

oh well... not trippin too much... I guess they kept it OG. Now only if we could say the same thing about the white/mean greens

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom