The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Bro, just chill out. It's not that serious.
It just might be that serious. I was at my local mall yesterday and there was an older woman (45-50) in Footlocker asking this chick that worked there about "Nike Gloves". Of course the girl didn't know what the **** the woman was talking about and showed her some baseball gloves, and when the older woman told her that she was talking about "Tennis shoes" I knew it was on. This could be a problem release........

When people got their parents out looking for shoes for them, it's pretty bad, bro.

Last edited:
Bad news: the kings aren't moving to Seattle. Shame, I really liked the sonics and it would have fit nicely with the marketing of this shoe. I am officialy boycotting starbucks, haven't been in a few years anyway but now it's official!
What does Starbucks have to do with the Kings not going to Seattle?

It just might be that serious. I was at my local mall yesterday and there was an older woman (45-50) in Footlocker asking this chick that worked there about "Nike Gloves". Of course the girl didn't know what the **** the woman was talking about and showed her some baseball gloves, and when the older woman told her that she was talking about "Tennis shoes" I knew it was on. This could be a problem release........

When people got their parents out looking for shoes for them, it means they are introverted hermits who are 400 pounds that dont leave the house

Fixed for you. Nothing to worry bout

Seen this on tsg fb
Those Jordan Trainers need to drop again, I love those joints
pimp.gif

I'm in the minority on these, But I actually didn't care for these back in 1998, and I won't be interested in them now. But hopefully the fans of these can get them this time around to reminisce like that.
I don't remember them as a kid, but I love them now.

Damn that whole page just took me back to middle school those jumpman where my first pair of any Jordan logo then I got those exact pair of gloves then the Pippens the good ol days...

I swore i past on these as a kid for the 13's, but it must of been the 12's... i couldn't remember exactly which number it was, but i know i had the flint's and the flu games back then.. so it was one of the 2

Last edited:
man aint nobody trying to wear a shoe with sole collector on it **** that
Not like they're going to release to the public anyway. And if they do, it'll be something like 25 pairs because they can't afford to do more.

There's hype around these? I don't believe that at all. These are going to attract the older heads and that's about it.

Last edited:
That eastbay ad just took me back to Sophomore year in High School. I really wanted all of those shoes up there, with the exception of the Jumpman Trainer.

:x

From Hypebeast:

Nike 2013 Fall/Winter “The Glove” Pack

Following his induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame earlier this month, former Seattle Supersonics great Gary “The Glove” Payton is set to see Nike Sportswear resurrect his fabled Air Zoom Flight as the Swoosh pays homage to the pickpocketing point guard. Originally released in 1998, the kicks have long been famous for their inclusion of a laces-hiding zippered shroud – an aesthetic that’s been applied to an accompanying take on the low-top Air Force 1 CMFT and one that comes complete with Payton’s #20 embroidered at the heel. The AF1s are set to hit Japan’s atmos this Saturday, September 21 while the Black/White-University Red version of “The Glove” is due out the following weekend. P.S. – If you’re a fan of the Air Zoom Flight “The Glove,” you’re in luck – a bevy of additional colorways are due to release over the months ahead.

Notice the bold part as well. Do they know something we don't?? :nerd:

EDIT: More pics from Sneaker News:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom