The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

indifferent.gif

Okay, okay, I see MJ's point. I don't blame him one bit for his competitive fire. That's the reason why I loved him in the first place. But I don't blame Lebron for joining forces with Wade and Bosh. And don't even front like yall wouldn't try to win by any means neccesary. That's the name of the game. Anyway, I get tired of folks bashing him because he didn't grind it out with one team like Jordan. NEWS FLASH PEOPLE: LEBRON JAMES IS NOT MICHAEL JORDAN. I really don't care if Miami already got Wade, they got ousted in the first round anyway with Wade. Besides, who wants to play with ragtag pieces of trash on the Cavs anyway? The Cavs might have won 66 games in the regular season, but when it comes to the playoffs, I'm sorry, a way-past-his-prime Shaq and a can't-play-defense Antwan Jamison are pieces of trash. I know they had Coach Mike Brown, Shaq, Danny Ferry and a lot of other guys, but if it wasn't for Lebron, the Cleveland Cavaliers would still had been ballin on expansion team status.

Okay, okay, I see MJ's point. I don't blame him one bit for his competitive fire. That's the reason why I loved him in the first place. But I don't blame Lebron for joining forces with Wade and Bosh. And don't even front like yall wouldn't try to win by any means neccesary. That's the name of the game. Anyway, I get tired of folks bashing him because he didn't grind it out with one team like Jordan. NEWS FLASH PEOPLE: LEBRON JAMES IS NOT MICHAEL JORDAN. I really don't care if Miami already got Wade, they got ousted in the first round anyway with Wade. Besides, who wants to play with ragtag pieces of trash on the Cavs anyway? The Cavs might have won 66 games in the regular season, but when it comes to the playoffs, I'm sorry, a way-past-his-prime Shaq and a can't-play-defense Antwan Jamison are pieces of trash. I know they had Coach Mike Brown, Shaq, Danny Ferry and a lot of other guys, but if it wasn't for Lebron, the Cleveland Cavaliers would still had been ballin on expansion team status.

I know we all measure our +#!@+ to MJ's, but damn get off of this guy's nuts.

He isn't the end all be all. Sure, he's the greatest basketball player ever, but what authority does that really give him over the current crop of stars? None.

Yes, they may imitate MJ's tongue-wagging, his fadeway, and spectacular dunks, but they don't owe him nor any of us anything. Basketball was here before MJ and it will be after MJ.

Michael was asked a simple question and everyone runs with it like it's fact. Last I checked everyone in the NBA has a competitive fire or some type of motor, otherwise they wouldn't be under contract right now.

It's just that Lebron, Bosh, and Wade chose to take their competitive fire to South Beach and do it together. I know most of us would love to team up with our close pals and win it all. These guys are just doing it at the highest stage, where, unfortunately, every move and quote gets scrutinizes to the umpteenth degree.

In the end, it's just basketball.

No one is asking to be great. We put that label on them.

I know we all measure our +#!@+ to MJ's, but damn get off of this guy's nuts.

He isn't the end all be all. Sure, he's the greatest basketball player ever, but what authority does that really give him over the current crop of stars? None.

Yes, they may imitate MJ's tongue-wagging, his fadeway, and spectacular dunks, but they don't owe him nor any of us anything. Basketball was here before MJ and it will be after MJ.

Michael was asked a simple question and everyone runs with it like it's fact. Last I checked everyone in the NBA has a competitive fire or some type of motor, otherwise they wouldn't be under contract right now.

It's just that Lebron, Bosh, and Wade chose to take their competitive fire to South Beach and do it together. I know most of us would love to team up with our close pals and win it all. These guys are just doing it at the highest stage, where, unfortunately, every move and quote gets scrutinizes to the umpteenth degree.

In the end, it's just basketball.

No one is asking to be great. We put that label on them.

I wonder if MJ takes these shots at LBJ to help motivate him... cause it seems as though hes been taking shots at him even before he entered the league with getting that huge Nike deal.

And the only way to achieve a "legacy" in sports is to win championships... and Miami is the best place for him to do so. We all know he can carry a team by himself, but when the playoffs come you NEED help and that wasnt in Cleveland.

MJ wouldnt do it... thats why hes the best ever. But that was almost 2 decades ago... things change

Kobe got lucky with the Kwame/Gasol trade or else he would've been on the next plane out. I really didnt think his trade demands were bluffs.

We have yet to see if he made the right choice... cant really dog him for something we havent even seen. Its like saying the movie was garbage without even watching it.

Miami Heat = the new Yankees of the NBA (hate wise)

I wonder if MJ takes these shots at LBJ to help motivate him... cause it seems as though hes been taking shots at him even before he entered the league with getting that huge Nike deal.

And the only way to achieve a "legacy" in sports is to win championships... and Miami is the best place for him to do so. We all know he can carry a team by himself, but when the playoffs come you NEED help and that wasnt in Cleveland.

MJ wouldnt do it... thats why hes the best ever. But that was almost 2 decades ago... things change

Kobe got lucky with the Kwame/Gasol trade or else he would've been on the next plane out. I really didnt think his trade demands were bluffs.

We have yet to see if he made the right choice... cant really dog him for something we havent even seen. Its like saying the movie was garbage without even watching it.

Miami Heat = the new Yankees of the NBA (hate wise)

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I will say this though.

If Lebron wins three or four with the Heat he can still leave after this contract is up.

If he does and gets a championship as the hands down best player on the team all us haters will have to the shut the hell up.

Kobe did it.
the thing is, lebron is hands down the best player on the heat. dude just won 2 MVPs in landslide fashion.

how the hell is lebron going to be demoted just bc he changed teams? just b/c y'all don't like his decision doesn't make him a lesser player.

the dude will be the best player on the heat. his 2nd and 3rd best players are just all-stars now.

I think Lebron James is the best player in the NBA.

But ain't no way in hell he's hands down better than Wade

If I already have a halfway decent team in place I would actually rather have Wade than Lebron.

But if I'm starting from absolute scratch I take Lebron.
lebron is a better scorer, shooter, defender, rebounder, and playmaker than wade. plus, he's more efficient. he's better than wade. you poll 29 GMs in this league and 28/29 will say lebron is the better player. that's pretty much hands-down.

you may say wade is a better closer than james (he has won a ring so it's actually hard to argue that), but statistically from 82games.com, lebron is better in the clutch than wade last year.

also if you add in age and games missed, lebron is hands down the better player.

To me, this is completely irrelevant.  LeBron is better than Wade (debatable though), but that doesnt negate the fact that LeBron jumped to Wade's team.  In 2004, when Alex Rodriguez was traded to the Yankees, was it his team?  Was he the alpha dog of the team?  No to both.  It was Derek Jeter's team, and he was the alpha dog.  But Alex Rodriguez was the better player right?  See the similarities here?  
Its Dwyane Wade's team, regardless if LeBron is the better player or not.  

I will say this though.

If Lebron wins three or four with the Heat he can still leave after this contract is up.

If he does and gets a championship as the hands down best player on the team all us haters will have to the shut the hell up.

Kobe did it.
the thing is, lebron is hands down the best player on the heat. dude just won 2 MVPs in landslide fashion.

how the hell is lebron going to be demoted just bc he changed teams? just b/c y'all don't like his decision doesn't make him a lesser player.

the dude will be the best player on the heat. his 2nd and 3rd best players are just all-stars now.

If I already have a halfway decent team in place I would actually rather have Wade than Lebron.

lebron is a better scorer, shooter, defender, rebounder, and playmaker than wade. plus, he's more efficient. he's better than wade. you poll 29 GMs in this league and 28/29 will say lebron is the better player. that's pretty much hands-down.

you may say wade is a better closer than james (he has won a ring so it's actually hard to argue that), but statistically from 82games.com, lebron is better in the clutch than wade last year.

also if you add in age and games missed, lebron is hands down the better player.

To me, this is completely irrelevant.  LeBron is better than Wade (debatable though), but that doesnt negate the fact that LeBron jumped to Wade's team.  In 2004, when Alex Rodriguez was traded to the Yankees, was it his team?  Was he the alpha dog of the team?  No to both.  It was Derek Jeter's team, and he was the alpha dog.  But Alex Rodriguez was the better player right?  See the similarities here?  

Originally Posted by dland24

I will say this though.

Kobe did it.

I made a David Beckham/Landon Donovan comparison earlier.  While Wade (Donovan) maybe  recognized due to commercials Lebron   is still the bigger name than  him and  who would you rather put a poster  up of? Who's  going to sell  the seats? But in the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall. To lose it all. But in the end. It doesn't even matter. One thing, I don’t know why. It doesn’t even matter how hard you try. Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme. To remind myself how. I tried so hard. In spite of the way you were mocking me. Acting like I was part of your property. Remembering all the times you fought with me. I’m surprised it got so

Originally Posted by dland24

I will say this though.

Kobe did it.

I made a David Beckham/Landon Donovan comparison earlier.  While Wade (Donovan) maybe  recognized due to commercials Lebron   is still the bigger name than  him and  who would you rather put a poster  up of? Who's  going to sell  the seats? But in the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall. To lose it all. But in the end. It doesn't even matter. One thing, I don’t know why. It doesn’t even matter how hard you try. Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme. To remind myself how. I tried so hard. In spite of the way you were mocking me. Acting like I was part of your property. Remembering all the times you fought with me. I’m surprised it got so

The bottom line is...to some of you, the end justifies the means. To me, it matters how you got there. Just a difference in philosophy. For me, that's my nature...more of an old school way of thinking. These days, people just don't care as much as long as they can flash the prize at the end. Quantitative...quality doesn't matter. It's just our wack generation unfortunately
laugh.gif

It's like those people in college who just fill out some papers and become members of sororities and frats, but didn't actually have to go on line and go through any real process and %$%#. A shorty might flash the diamond and parade around sayin..."Im a Delta!" but I guarantee you the REAL Delta who had to go through the entire hazing process with her future sisters in order to become one...she would feel a certain way about that.

The bottom line is...to some of you, the end justifies the means. To me, it matters how you got there. Just a difference in philosophy. For me, that's my nature...more of an old school way of thinking. These days, people just don't care as much as long as they can flash the prize at the end. Quantitative...quality doesn't matter. It's just our wack generation unfortunately
laugh.gif

It's like those people in college who just fill out some papers and become members of sororities and frats, but didn't actually have to go on line and go through any real process and %$%#. A shorty might flash the diamond and parade around sayin..."Im a Delta!" but I guarantee you the REAL Delta who had to go through the entire hazing process with her future sisters in order to become one...she would feel a certain way about that.

And nyc buk on what planet is Lebron a better shooter and defender than Dwayne Wade?? I ain't been around much lately but I see now that T-Mac is irrelevant, Lebron has taken his place in your life as your new number 1?
laugh.gif

And nyc buk on what planet is Lebron a better shooter and defender than Dwayne Wade?? I ain't been around much lately but I see now that T-Mac is irrelevant, Lebron has taken his place in your life as your new number 1?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

That is horrible rationale. If he's the greatest basketball player ever, then his opinion should mean a lot more than any current player or journalist out there.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

That is horrible rationale. If he's the greatest basketball player ever, then his opinion should mean a lot more than any current player or journalist out there.

Back
Top Bottom