The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

so 4 of the greatest players to ever play the game agree with the majority of us that what lebron did was a $#%+* move...

jordan, bird, magic, barkley....

i dont think any stat or anyone will change your guys mind...

What dude said early about the sign of the times and this generation wants things handed to them rather than work for them is so true. not for the love of the game rather than a championship is like a costco club or vip card to them. just something on the resume....

NobleKane wrote:
What dude said early about the sign of the times and this generation wants things handed to them rather than work for them is so true. not for the love of the game rather than a championship is like a costco club or vip card to them. just something on the resume....

As if they are going to have to just coast all season long
laugh.gif

NobleKane wrote:

As if they are going to have to just coast all season long
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

got half a dozen hall of farmers in the last week saying the same thing the "haters*" are saying about bron

fixed.

(*haters - in this case- may also be known as truth tellers, unbiased, and calling it like they see it.)

got half a dozen hall of farmers in the last week saying the same thing the "haters*" are saying about bron

fixed.

(*haters - in this case- may also be known as truth tellers, unbiased, and calling it like they see it.)

I wonder if Pippen never came along, and if no star players signed with the bulls...if Jordan wouldve stayed on the bulls had he not won a championship. I know "IFs" don't mean anything on NT, but doesn't context matter?

Lebron wouldnt have called up Wade or Bosh if he had a top 50 player of all time on his team too
laugh.gif

I wonder if Pippen never came along, and if no star players signed with the bulls...if Jordan wouldve stayed on the bulls had he not won a championship. I know "IFs" don't mean anything on NT, but doesn't context matter?

Lebron wouldnt have called up Wade or Bosh if he had a top 50 player of all time on his team too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

fixed.

Yup. You can say the greats are salty because Jordan may see them go past 6 rings, 72-10 or that Bark, Magic will get mad that they will surpass those records.

I'm mad that a guy I thought "could" be the greatest decided he didn't want to be the greatest. No one in the history of the NBA had that range of skills, size and physical ability at that age. Then all of a sudden he decides, "eh, i'll do it the easy way."

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

fixed.

Yup. You can say the greats are salty because Jordan may see them go past 6 rings, 72-10 or that Bark, Magic will get mad that they will surpass those records.

I'm mad that a guy I thought "could" be the greatest decided he didn't want to be the greatest. No one in the history of the NBA had that range of skills, size and physical ability at that age. Then all of a sudden he decides, "eh, i'll do it the easy way."

^ That's what I've been saying.

The NBA has never seen a physical athlete like that before with the tools that he possesses...and then he decides to rotate the driver's seat with 2 other #1 options in their prime.

I'm glad I got to see guys like MJ in their prime.

The NBA has never seen a physical athlete like that before with the tools that he possesses...and then he decides to rotate the driver's seat with 2 other #1 options in their prime.

Bosh is getting way overrated here. He's won THREE playoff games. Not even in the same year. He shouldn't be mentioned in an analogy like this. The teamup is more comparable to Jordan and Magic. But I don't see Bird anywhere.

Bosh is getting way overrated here. He's won THREE playoff games. Not even in the same year. He shouldn't be mentioned in an analogy like this. The teamup is more comparable to Jordan and Magic. But I don't see Bird anywhere.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

laugh.gif

you just seem confused. First you were using michael jordan and his stats and accomplishments to bash kobe.

NOW you are trying to discredit Michael Jordan to save face on Lebron's terrible decision.

Pippen wasnt a top 50 player when they started winning titles. You could argue that Pippen wasnt even a superstar during the first 3 peat. Jordan made him. 

what part of jordan making a good player into a great player and lebron going to a team with two other already established franchise players do you not understand?? 

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

laugh.gif

you just seem confused. First you were using michael jordan and his stats and accomplishments to bash kobe.

NOW you are trying to discredit Michael Jordan to save face on Lebron's terrible decision.

Pippen wasnt a top 50 player when they started winning titles. You could argue that Pippen wasnt even a superstar during the first 3 peat. Jordan made him. 

what part of jordan making a good player into a great player and lebron going to a team with two other already established franchise players do you not understand?? 

Bijald0331,

I grew up in Mt.Vernon NY all my life up until I went to college at the University of Miami (02-06) then i got my Master from the university of Florida (06-08). Now I currently reside and work in South Florida.

I'm a Giants and Yankee more so then then a Dolphin fan I only like the dolphins cause that's the home town team and besides there in the afc while the giants are in the NFC. I never liked the Knicks that much growing up that's why it was so easy picking the heat when I first started college.

Get it now??

Bijald0331,

I grew up in Mt.Vernon NY all my life up until I went to college at the University of Miami (02-06) then i got my Master from the university of Florida (06-08). Now I currently reside and work in South Florida.

I'm a Giants and Yankee more so then then a Dolphin fan I only like the dolphins cause that's the home town team and besides there in the afc while the giants are in the NFC. I never liked the Knicks that much growing up that's why it was so easy picking the heat when I first started college.

Get it now??

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Right, this isn't MJ/Bird/Magic, because people know Magic and Bird were going downhill at the time. This was stated before.

This is more like MJ/Barkley/Nique getting together in their prime. Don't know if that changes the argument a little though looking at it that way.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Right, this isn't MJ/Bird/Magic, because people know Magic and Bird were going downhill at the time. This was stated before.

This is more like MJ/Barkley/Nique getting together in their prime. Don't know if that changes the argument a little though looking at it that way.

Oh...

So now they are saying it's easy for MJ or Magic to say because the caliber of their teammates.
laugh.gif

I am done.

Oh...

So now they are saying it's easy for MJ or Magic to say because the caliber of their teammates.
laugh.gif

I am done.

Originally Posted by roboski

Bijald0331,

Get it now??

Thanks.

Just one of my big pet peeves as a sports fan...I know it shouldn't be that serious but damn at many idiots thinking they are cool because the teams they chose to follow (primarily because they were good) win.

Originally Posted by roboski

Bijald0331,

Get it now??

Thanks.

Just one of my big pet peeves as a sports fan...I know it shouldn't be that serious but damn at many idiots thinking they are cool because the teams they chose to follow (primarily because they were good) win.

Back
Top Bottom