The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Being that this is Niketalk and Lebron is on Nike, I wonder how they are going to market LeBron now? All that witness, King James, the chosen one, the lion, and the other stuff is now null and void. They can't market him as the face of a franchise and the savior of the NBA anymore because the Heat is Wade's team. This is the one thing I haven't seen discussed on NT. And since this is a Jordan thread maybe we can start up a discussion about it and how LeBron decision will affect his marketability

Being that this is Niketalk and Lebron is on Nike, I wonder how they are going to market LeBron now? All that witness, King James, the chosen one, the lion, and the other stuff is now null and void. They can't market him as the face of a franchise and the savior of the NBA anymore because the Heat is Wade's team. This is the one thing I haven't seen discussed on NT. And since this is a Jordan thread maybe we can start up a discussion about it and how LeBron decision will affect his marketability

You guys keep talking about Lebron being the most physically gifted player ever at his age but you forgot one thing! DUDE CAN"T SHOOT!!! Dude is a horrible shooter!!

You guys keep talking about Lebron being the most physically gifted player ever at his age but you forgot one thing! DUDE CAN"T SHOOT!!! Dude is a horrible shooter!!

Yeah Lebron can't shoot, but his percentages have gotten better since the eye surgery.

Plus at 25 you cannot think that the development of a mid range game was beyond his ability.

Think about the fact that Jordan didn't win his first championship til his seventh season at 28! Even then he didn't have a mid range game.

Sure he had the hot game against Portland in the second series, but Jordan didn't have that mid-range jumper/turnaround until the second three peat.

So it wasn't blatant optimism to think that Lebron could have improved his game even beyond what we had seen.

I mean the guy finished in the top five in scoring for how many years while trying to be a facilitator.

Yeah Lebron can't shoot, but his percentages have gotten better since the eye surgery.

Plus at 25 you cannot think that the development of a mid range game was beyond his ability.

Think about the fact that Jordan didn't win his first championship til his seventh season at 28! Even then he didn't have a mid range game.

Sure he had the hot game against Portland in the second series, but Jordan didn't have that mid-range jumper/turnaround until the second three peat.

So it wasn't blatant optimism to think that Lebron could have improved his game even beyond what we had seen.

I mean the guy finished in the top five in scoring for how many years while trying to be a facilitator.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

I wonder if Pippen never came along, and if no star players signed with the bulls...if Jordan wouldve stayed on the bulls had he not won a championship. I know "IFs" don't mean anything on NT, but doesn't context matter?

Lebron wouldnt have called up Wade or Bosh if he had a top 50 player of all time on his team too
laugh.gif

you just seem confused. First you were using michael jordan and his stats and accomplishments to bash kobe.

NOW you are trying to discredit Michael Jordan to save face on Lebron's terrible decision.

Pippen wasnt a top 50 player when they started winning titles. You could argue that Pippen wasnt even a superstar during the first 3 peat. Jordan made him. 

what part of jordan making a good player into a great player and lebron going to a team with two other already established franchise players do you not understand?? 
You seem confused. Where in my post does it say I'm trying to discredit Jordan??

2nd, Kobe's Finals performances speak for themselves
laugh.gif
Don't have to compare him to Jordan.

Let's just say the nonsense you're saying is correct, and that Jordan MADE Pippen. Do you STILL think Jordan wouldve stayed in Chicago if Pippen never showed up?

You think Lebron wouldve left if Bosh signed in Cleveland?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

I wonder if Pippen never came along, and if no star players signed with the bulls...if Jordan wouldve stayed on the bulls had he not won a championship. I know "IFs" don't mean anything on NT, but doesn't context matter?

Lebron wouldnt have called up Wade or Bosh if he had a top 50 player of all time on his team too
laugh.gif

you just seem confused. First you were using michael jordan and his stats and accomplishments to bash kobe.

NOW you are trying to discredit Michael Jordan to save face on Lebron's terrible decision.

Pippen wasnt a top 50 player when they started winning titles. You could argue that Pippen wasnt even a superstar during the first 3 peat. Jordan made him. 

what part of jordan making a good player into a great player and lebron going to a team with two other already established franchise players do you not understand?? 
You seem confused. Where in my post does it say I'm trying to discredit Jordan??

2nd, Kobe's Finals performances speak for themselves
laugh.gif
Don't have to compare him to Jordan.

Let's just say the nonsense you're saying is correct, and that Jordan MADE Pippen. Do you STILL think Jordan wouldve stayed in Chicago if Pippen never showed up?

You think Lebron wouldve left if Bosh signed in Cleveland?

I agree with MJ saying he should want to beat them but I don't get why all the hate is going Lebron's way when Wade did the same thing.

I agree with MJ saying he should want to beat them but I don't get why all the hate is going Lebron's way when Wade did the same thing.

laugh.gif
at people that used jordan to discredit kobe are now discrediting jordan to up lebron. flip flopping !$! fools.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at people that used jordan to discredit kobe are now discrediting jordan to up lebron. flip flopping !$! fools.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

wade won a ring as "the man". wade didn't go around claiming himself to be the "king" or the "chosen one". wade and bosh already had a team in place, lebron was the one who decided to hop on to the all star team. bron walked into wade's house.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

wade won a ring as "the man". wade didn't go around claiming himself to be the "king" or the "chosen one". wade and bosh already had a team in place, lebron was the one who decided to hop on to the all star team. bron walked into wade's house.

Lets just say scottie might not turn out to be the player he was if isnt for MJ. Maybe MJ make him better or to become what he is. Jason Caffey was a pretty good in chicago after he got traded he's sucked. same with pippen after jordan 2nd retirement.

Lets just say scottie might not turn out to be the player he was if isnt for MJ. Maybe MJ make him better or to become what he is. Jason Caffey was a pretty good in chicago after he got traded he's sucked. same with pippen after jordan 2nd retirement.

Lets just say scottie might not turn out to be the player he was if isnt for MJ. Maybe MJ make him better or to become what he is. Jason Caffey was a pretty good in chicago after he got traded he's sucked. same with pippen after jordan 2nd retirement. Also Cavs is so wrong for hating on James. So what if Ohio is his hometown and all that. James can sign with any teams he want too. But I understand how OHIO people feels.

Lets just say scottie might not turn out to be the player he was if isnt for MJ. Maybe MJ make him better or to become what he is. Jason Caffey was a pretty good in chicago after he got traded he's sucked. same with pippen after jordan 2nd retirement. Also Cavs is so wrong for hating on James. So what if Ohio is his hometown and all that. James can sign with any teams he want too. But I understand how OHIO people feels.

Back
Top Bottom