The hardest job in America. vol. I'm a black man in America

truthgetsbusy

Banned
Is being a black man the hardest job in America? I honestly think so.  And before anybody gets all riled up I know that every other race and gender has problems too.  Not every white person was born rich and not every black person is from the hood.  I know that but I'm talking on average. 

And let me get all the basic, simple minded responses out the way.

Great you "didn't read"
Yes this is another race thread. 
Yes slavery happened and no I'm not going to get over it. 
Yes WSHH and BET suck.

I feel like we are led to worry about all the wrong things in life.  Its not even our fault half the time its just how we get raised.  Then once we hit the real world we're not prepared AND we have to overcome and battle other obstacles.  You can say we are at fault for aspiring to be athletes and entertainers right?  But why aren't the parents leading the kids in the direction of actual careers? Because the damn parents are just happy to have a job and support a family.  They can't tell a kid to start building a resume and prepare them for college when they never went through that experience.  They just want their kid to be happy and if football or singing makes them happy so be it. 

The problem is that cycle is killing us.  We really need more professionals to get out here and show us how its done at a young age.  We are at a real disadvantage when it comes to networking.  And lets just say we do get a good job right.  Can we recommend our friends to get hired too? Naw you can't be the black guy that brings the other black guys to the party.  You just gotta be happy you got invited.  It's really crazy out here.  

I could go on for days about different problems but I'd like to hear from ya'll. 

Is being a black man the hardest job in America? I honestly think so.  And before anybody gets all riled up I know that every other race and gender has problems too.  Not every white person was born rich and not every black person is from the hood.  I know that but I'm talking on average. 

And let me get all the basic, simple minded responses out the way.

Great you "didn't read"
Yes this is another race thread. 
Yes slavery happened and no I'm not going to get over it. 
Yes WSHH and BET suck.

I feel like we are led to worry about all the wrong things in life.  Its not even our fault half the time its just how we get raised.  Then once we hit the real world we're not prepared AND we have to overcome and battle other obstacles.  You can say we are at fault for aspiring to be athletes and entertainers right?  But why aren't the parents leading the kids in the direction of actual careers? Because the damn parents are just happy to have a job and support a family.  They can't tell a kid to start building a resume and prepare them for college when they never went through that experience.  They just want their kid to be happy and if football or singing makes them happy so be it. 

The problem is that cycle is killing us.  We really need more professionals to get out here and show us how its done at a young age.  We are at a real disadvantage when it comes to networking.  And lets just say we do get a good job right.  Can we recommend our friends to get hired too? Naw you can't be the black guy that brings the other black guys to the party.  You just gotta be happy you got invited.  It's really crazy out here.  

I could go on for days about different problems but I'd like to hear from ya'll. 

i feel bad for all the good-hearted, mature, responsible black folk that get a bad name because of "thugs"

i feel bad for all the good-hearted, mature, responsible black folk that get a bad name because of "thugs"

wont even lie, i stopped reading after the first sentence..........

wont even lie, i stopped reading after the first sentence..........

Originally Posted by Club29

46.gif

Back
Top Bottom