The important blacks in history?

Today is Nelson Mandela's birthday. Just thinking about his contributions to society, I'd have to consider him one of the 5 most important blacks in history. Who would the other four be though? My list is as followsMLK JrMalcolm XNelson MandelaMarcus GraveyMuhammad AliMy list seems rather American, am I leaving out any Big names?Obvious omissions;Barack Obama Jesus

Today is Nelson Mandela's birthday. Just thinking about his contributions to society, I'd have to consider him one of the 5 most important blacks in history. Who would the other four be though? My list is as followsMLK JrMalcolm XNelson MandelaMarcus GraveyMuhammad AliMy list seems rather American, am I leaving out any Big names?Obvious omissions;Barack Obama Jesus

Langston Hughes
Fredrick Douglass
W.E.B. DuBois
James Baldwin
Ida B. Wells
Amiri Baraka

There are so many influential people to mention but those are a just a few off the top. I wouldn't even put Barack in the same category as those listed.

Langston Hughes
Fredrick Douglass
W.E.B. DuBois
James Baldwin
Ida B. Wells
Amiri Baraka

There are so many influential people to mention but those are a just a few off the top. I wouldn't even put Barack in the same category as those listed.

Step your black history up lol.
But really there are too many to name, wouldn't even dare to try ranking. What's important to one person might not be as important to the next.

Jackie Robinson and Madam CJ Walker had a pretty big effect on our every day life.

Step your black history up lol.
But really there are too many to name, wouldn't even dare to try ranking. What's important to one person might not be as important to the next.

Jackie Robinson and Madam CJ Walker had a pretty big effect on our every day life.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

wouldn't even dare to try ranking.

This.
How are you ranking them op?
By the significance of their actions or their popularity?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

wouldn't even dare to try ranking.

This.
How are you ranking them op?
By the significance of their actions or their popularity?

No mention of Harriet Tubman yet? Not only was she forward thinking, she was bout that life.

harriet.jpg

300px-Harriet_Tubman_by_Squyer,c1885.jpg

Back
Top Bottom