The internet has destroyed personal style.

The same loss of regional fashion can be applied to music too, specifically rap. Everyone sounds like everyone these days. I actually miss being able to tell where someone was from from their musical style. Of course there are the exceptions, but a grip of the newer generation of artists don't seem to have a sense of their region's culture. And if they do it doesn't come across in their music.
This.

And Handsome, those shorts look fine. I might not rock, but he doesn't look weird or crazy at all. He looks like he's doing him, no uniform needed.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

can you be mad the rest of the world want to copy and dress like us New yorkers?

The irony of your post vs. avy is amazing. Buddy defines biting, although not in the fashion sense.

true story... also, don't let them cats knock you, young ayo ... them Kobes are pure dopeness, too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

is it the internet made it like this? or the internet helped you understand it's always been like this?

people don't use their brains...and they think their intelligent
laugh.gif
no your not 

The irony is strong in this post.
.there wasn't anything ironic about my post at all.

old heads need to just fall back and accept that yall left a huge void for the younger generation to fill because all you can talk about is what we !*@$#** wear....why don't you guys show some maturity and talk about what the %%$@ is really going on in this world...your too busy knocking the !*@$#** youth for the fit of their clothes...its your responsibility to teach the youth on whats good so Im tired of all this +*+%%#* from the old heads. grow the %+$* up already and stop acting like your in high school still....talking about %%*+#$ fits like a bunch of !*+%+!# girls....its pathetic

the internet if anything has helped personal style...there is tons of information and places to just participate in fashion culture online. some people are just mad because they can't stay comfortable in the old world and things are changing, or maybe becoming more apparent.

Imma step in and defend my dude KStizzle for a second.

My girl bought the exact same leopard print toms that he rocks from Neiman Marcus. Both of them have impeccable taste.

*But in all seriousness, dressing "better" shouldn't involve over-thinking what you wear.  I think this is where a lot of people have problems.  I live by the K.I.S.S. rule - Keep It Simple, Stupid.  I learned that in a photography class I took in college, and honestly, you can and SHOULD apply it to just about everything you do in life.  I do agree with K-Steezy in one regard that your clothes should fit properly.  However, wearing an ascot for the sake of wearing an ascot with some rolled up camo trousers and a cardigan just looks foolish.  You're not trendsetting and if you think you're breaking necks, it's probably for the wrong reason.  Again, it all goes back to the K.I.S.S. rule.  I dress for comfort, so if I'm not at work, you'll most likely catch me in a t-shirt and jeans.  Timeless and classic.  You have different variations of t-shirts, so it's easy to switch things up.  Same can be said about jeans.  Style is subjective, just don't over-think it.  You can do you, but as Frank Lucas said, "the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room." 

KSteezy thinks he is some fashion guru
not dressing like the young NTers doesn't make you special; especially when you try and make it a point every time you post 

Back in the 90's you knew if a dude was from the east coast or west coast, and even then you could tell if a dude was from the south.

It was usually the way a dude would rock his gear that you could tell, but I agree with OP on the fashion climate being pretty much the same across the nation now.

I stopped trying to be "in"/"hip" or whatever a loong time ago. I just did me. Eventually, I figured that by just doing me, I'll be well ahead of the curve. Thats how most trends start, by someone just doing them. The problem is we're getting to the point to where everything has been done. Now people are trying too hard to be a trend sitter, looking silly(looking at you NBA) and are shying people away from being themselves.

As far as regional style, its not going anywhere. Word to Houston, Texas. I don't mean this in a con descending way but, I think a lot of you spend too much time on the internet and so you perception is skewed. Everyone is not on the internet all day, looking at WDYWT and hypebeast.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Mr K

FIXED
Originally Posted by Young Handsome

dat young handsome steelo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2591-OLVZOOM1.JPG

Air-Jordan-12-Obsidian-University-Blue-White-French-Blue-1.jpg

So you deleted the T Shirt......

But you're claiming it's all about "Fit Fit Fit" though.....

How can you delete T, be all about the Camo's and the 12's, and claim it's all about "fit"? 

Exactly.

where does one order such digi cam?

can someone point me the right way on karma loop or sumthin. needa long inseem.

30t6p3b.gif
@ A&F stopping production of their old jauns... feels... awful
frown.gif

I rock stuff that is comfy.From a $5 tee bought at Walmart to a
$20 polo_Only high end price I ever buy are J's that I really like and couldn't afford when I was in high school

Are you guys serious? So few people on this planet are originals, most people are followers, whether they are following people they see on the Internet, tv, or their block.

NOTHING has changed, people who copy still copy, and very small percentage are original.

Don't buy that you were rocking snap backs in 2005.
2005 is around the time they started becoming popular again, so it’s pretty plausible.

ummm these come in s,m,l,xl... DF...

im 6 foot 205lbs... i have a feeling these larges gunna fit like shmediums
30t6p3b.gif

says a size medium is from 31"-35"
laugh.gif

50 bucks too.. im trustin you young handsome...

Naw b, leopard print Toms are ayo, in addition to being worn with red jeans too
laugh.gif
. Gotta draw the line somewhere...

Im 6 foot also... I wait 155 tho... I wear a 32 in pants/shorts so I copped a medium.... they fit fine to me...(sorry 4 da ninjaood)

Originally Posted by Aze201

2005 is around the time they started becoming popular again, so it’s pretty plausible.

yeah I started rocking  snap backs in 2006 people clowned me now they rocking the Mitchell and ness hats 
30t6p3b.gif

Was this current conversation the aim of the original post? This bashing of particular styles/individuals isn't really the point
People have always been trend conscious it's nothing new, it's not going to change
He was talking the disappearance of regional trends thanks in large part to the internet

a cultural homogenizing is happening throughout fashion and music and everywhere else

thanks to worldwide connectivity

Originally Posted by StillIn729

KSteezy thinks he is some fashion guru
not dressing like the young NTers doesn't make you special; especially when you try and make it a point every time you post 

laugh.gif
he does try to make it a point every time doesnt he?

Those Toms ALWAYS gets brought into the discussion.

THEY ARE DISGUSTINGLY FEMININE! Point, blank, PERIOD!

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Are you guys serious? So few people on this planet are originals, most people are followers, whether they are following people they see on the Internet, tv, or their block.

NOTHING has changed, people who copy still copy, and very small percentage are original.

this

Originally Posted by primetime21

Originally Posted by Aze201

yeah I started rocking  snap backs in 2006 people clowned me now they rocking the Mitchell and ness hats 
30t6p3b.gif

Maybe not where you were at but people were definitely rocking snack backs around that time but like somebody said earlier I remember mostly them Von Dutch jawns around that time. I don't care what people wear even though I laugh at what some of the younger cats are wearing now. In all truthfulness though most of us older cats would be wearing the same stuff if we grew up in a different time where dressing meant way more(hs&college years) than it does as we get older. If a trend is cool I'll rock it if not I still wear my usual stuff.

How are yall even discussing who started wearing snap backs first, like its new or something?

If you wanna play that game...

.."First you bend that hat..."

You're both wrong, Tyga brought snap backs back. He even made a song about it.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

You're both wrong, Tyga brought snap backs back. He even made a song about it.
snap backs never went away
surfers and skaters have rocked them always

Back
Top Bottom