The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers don't have to leave their timezone the whole season. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

afc-east.jpg

Terry-Bradshaw.jpg

He chooses not to. It's part the ol' Sting gimmick from WCW.
laugh.gif

I'm just wondering if he's really gonna go all the way with it though. Sting went like an entire year without saying a word or some **** like that. That's gonna take some serious dedication.
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm not religious, but I can't help but point out the irony in people judging a Christian's actions then responding "well they're the ones who are always judging people."

:nerd:

Philbin's plan to fix Miami's offense was to replace Tannehill in the 2014 draft and the player he wanted to replace him was Derek Carr. The Dolphins only had one pick before Carr went off the board at No. 36 to the Raiders and Hickey, the team's general manager at the time, decided to use the pick (No. 19 overall) on offensive lineman Ja'Wuan James.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-dump-tannehill-draft-derek-carr-in-2014/amp/

:lol: :lol:

STAHP IT

I'm not religious, but I can't help but point out the irony in people judging a Christian's actions then responding "well they're the ones who are always judging people."

Is that really what happened? Nah.

It didn't?

Only if you place religious people on top of the moral pedestal

Not really trying to go there but throughout western history, religious people and particularly Christians, have a history of doing that to themselves. But you knew that though.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 hilarious

But also, let's stop.  Why do we always believe these stories?  Every time a coach/GM gets fired they leak a story to the media about how they were planning on doing the perfect thing in hindsight but someone else stopped them.
It didn't?
It's not about judging it's about being right or being wrong.  What Terry Bradshaw said is stupid so I'm going to judge him for it.

Last edited:
^they're judging him in here for getting a divorce.

I didn't even read what he said about the anthem, I'm so done with that story.

Last edited:
The whole conversation started with divorce, a marital status

Which has nothing to do with what he said

but generalize anyway because he is a christian

Honestly, I'm sure we've passed on a ton of great QBs from the time we signed Culpepper instead of Brees to when we drafted a mediocre RG over Carr, but who is to say they would've been successful in our scheme? To be a successful QB you have to pair the physical tools with the right franchise fit.

Last edited:

Is that really what happened? Nah.

It didn't?

Only if you place religious people on top of the moral pedestal

Not really trying to go there but throughout western history, religious people and particularly Christians, have a history of doing that to themselves. But you knew that though.

Nope. Maybe you haven't followed the exchange and don't understand the context.

It was pointed out that there's a certain degree of hypocrisy in a Christian zealot going through numerous instances of divorce.

The guy you quoted implied that that view is only valid if we unfairly place Christians on some faulty moral pedestal.

Sorry but that's bull ****. Christians and the church have done that to themselves over the course of a milinium. That's not a judgement, that's historical fact.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm sure we've passed on a ton of great QBs from the time we signed Culpepper instead of Brees to when we drafted a mediocre RG over Carr, but who is to say they would've been successful in our scheme? To be a successful QB you have to pair the physical tools with the right franchise fit.

For sure. It's just funnier now, given the current situation. I said it before, if you nuke Ireland and Philbin, nuke Tannehill too. Ownership and front office and coaching all need to be on the same page or this is the result.

Steelers don't have to leave their timezone the whole season. [emoji]129300[/emoji]
I saw that too.

Incredible.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Meanwhile through 4 weeks the Raiders have already travelled more miles than 7 teams will travel the entire 2016 season.

Add to that the fact that we have to play in Florida back to back weeks and we play our second home game in 3 seasons at an international site...

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]
most miles this season - Rams 37,072

least miles this season - Steelers 5,138

^Raiders in second at 31,580.

Doesn't include 4200 mile round trip to Mexico City but it does assume they travel back to Oakland between Tampa and Jacksonville games which it's since come out the team won't be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom