The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
Yeah Eli was also lucky to get to the super bowl twice

https://statich.niketalk.com/3/30/900x900px-LL-30d57a2a_145493221246593.jpeg[/quote]

During the first run the defense allowed 16 ppg to the following teams: Tampa, Dallas, Packers, Patriots.... 3/4 were top5 in offense that seeason...

During the next SB run the defense allowed 14 ppg to the following teams : Atlanta, Packers, 49es, Patriots...3/4 were top 5 offenses..

Nah, Eli didn't luck up into 2 rings....but the D-line clearly did all the heavy lifting, while driving Eli gets all the praise for some reason...

I hate to go full CP, but it's a team game and I hate that Eli gets all the credit in hindsight for throwing blindly to tyrree (the manningham throw was perfect, I'll admit)

Eli is average to above average....[/quote]

[quote="Chester McFloppy, post: 26747205"]Eli Manning's two SB playoff runs:
2073 yards, 15 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

8o[/quote]

There it is. That's not luck. Eli is not elite but he comes through in the clutch.

And Eli doesn't get all the credit. Giants fans always praise Strahan, Tuck, Osi and JPP. And the people that don't like Eli say he was lucky, so who gives him all the credit?

Eli had 6 TD's in the first 2 games of the 2011 run, 9 total. That's not being carried by your D-line. Yes the D-line was great and Eli was great too. It's not either or.

Last edited:
Y'all don't ever wanna give anyone credit

Eli beat the greatest coach and system QB twice in the SB
exactly. The most ridiculous thing I read today was "under different circumstances Eli could have no rings" you can say that about nearly every QB who has won anything.. Eli whjle never elite or great is and has been a good to very good QB throughout his career. We've seen QBs get carried Peyton last year, Russ his Super Bowl win. Eli actually contributed to thoses chips he won..

Last edited:
I ain't gonna lie though if Russ audible'd out of that pass play and Marshawn scored the narrative of Eli's two SB victories against the Pats wouldn't be as legendary

laugh.gif

exactly. The most ridiculous thing I read today was "under different circumstances Eli could have no rings" you can say that about nearly every QB who has won anything.. Eli whjle never elite or great is and has been a good to very good QB throughout his career. We've seen QBs get carried Peyton last year, Russ his Super Bowl win. Eli actually contributed to thoses chips he won..
False.

To say he's been good to very good throughout his career, we've watched two different QB's for the past 15 years.

Eli has had a couple of good seasons. Eli has had a couple of average seasons. Eli has had a couple of outright  bad seasons.

He did play well in the playoffs on two occasions, have to give him credit for that

But that doesn't wash away poor seasons, numerous abysmal individual performances, leading the league in interceptions multiple times, etc when evaluating his career as a whole.

Throughout his career, Eli has been a range of outright bad, to average, to above average, to clutch in the post season.

Career performance grades out to meh, to above average. Certainly not very good.

Last edited:

False.

To say he's been good to very good throughout his career, we've watched two different QB's for the past 15 years.

Eli has had a couple of good seasons. Eli has had a couple of average seasons. Eli has had a couple of outright  bad seasons.

He did play well in the playoffs on two occasions, have to give him credit for that

But that doesn't wash away poor seasons, numerous abysmal individual performances, leading the league in interceptions multiple times, etc when evaluating his career as a whole.

Throughout his career, Eli has been a range of outright bad, to average, to above average, to clutch in the post season.

Career performance grades out to meh, to above average. Certainly not very good.

Sounds like Eli Smushed your girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom