The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
even with my team trending up I've followed the league less and less due to how they fumble all these issues. if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't really know much about what's going on day to day.

I think sports in general is kinda stale right now.
900x900px-LL-30d57a2a_145493221246593.jpeg

even with my team trending up I've followed the league less and less due to how they fumble all these issues. if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't really know much about what's going on day to day.
TRUTH

Maybe im getting old. All the super stars of my generation are retiring or has retired.

And they are being replaced by the likes of blake griffin and beta durant.

The NBA thread on NT has influenced how much I enjoy regular season NBA basketball now.
Trash takes have made viewing the NBA a lot worse.

All ya'll garbage *** hot takes have ruined the sport. :smh:

NBA probably has the most obnoxious fans for sure. Lot of middle school banter. But the sport is in a really good place right now. And it actually makes sense for the league to expand globally down the road.

What's going to be weird is to see what the league will be like without LeBron. He's been taken for granted for most of his career. It didn't take long for Jordan to be replaced by someone so important to the sport. Wonder what will happen next.

Last edited:
^ I'm sayin.. '98 finals was kinda long ago

Last edited:
The NBA is definitely trending upwards right now in terms of notoriety and popularity while the NFL is trending downwards. The league is also what the Rog creams his pants over,a global league with pull all over the world. Not to mention how demographic shifts over the near future are only gonna favor the NBA sustaining that popularity. All the signs of the league falling off are there in clear view but the owners with all their hubris,are gonna stick with Rog until it becomes too late to undo the damage he's done.

Last edited:

Maybe im getting old. All the super stars of my generation are retiring or has retired.

And they are being replaced by the likes of blake griffin and beta durant.
the GOAT just had the best NBA Finals performance ever
yessir 
pimp.gif
 cemented his legacy as top 3 imo.

I can't imagine the NFL without traditional style pocket QB's like peyton, brees, Ben  brady etc.. But Peyton last year played so bad it was almost as if he wasn't in the league tbh.

If these college coaches keep pushing the spread QB, the NFL is going to have to adapt as well right? 

Last edited:

If these college coaches keep pushing the spread QB, the NFL is going to have to adapt as well right? 
significantly easier to do in high school and college.. but really it has just put a greater emphasis on scouting, the combine, players' individual smarts, smarts of the teams and player development

Last edited:
yessir :pimp:  cemented his legacy as top 3 imo.

I can't imagine the NFL without traditional style pocket QB's like peyton, brees, Ben  brady etc.. But Peyton last year played so bad it was almost as if he wasn't in the league tbh.

At the end of the day the NFL is a passing league so at some point you going to have to be able to deliver the ball from the pocket. The issue is that most of the spread QBs in college right now aren't that amazing at doing that in on NFL level. So what you ended up with is talented football players that can't play QB so they end up changing positions i.e. T. Pryor and even he is an outlier due to his freak of nature athleticism.

NBA probably has the most obnoxious fans for sure. Lot of middle school banter.
Not sure if you meant our NBA thread or just in general, but this absolutely applies to the NT thread.
laugh.gif
Unfortunately you also end up having to sift through page after page of cow dung once the playoffs start.

If it weren't for a few remaining regulars in there, I'd ignore that **** altogether and keep my NBA social activity to Twitter.
What's going to be weird is to see what the league will be like without LeBron. He's been taken for granted for most of his career. It didn't take long for Jordan to be replaced by someone so important to the sport. Wonder what will happen next.
That's something to think about for sure.

NBA is weak right now IMO because we basically know who's going to the finals before the season starts in recent years. Still entertaining but predictable.

NBA is weak right now IMO because we basically know who's going to the finals before the season starts in recent years. Still entertaining but predictable.
yup.. unless one of the main dudes off of maybe 3 teams has a significant injury at the wrong time, we pretty much know who things are going to come down to

yessir 
pimp.gif
 cemented his legacy as top 3 imo.

At the end of the day the NFL is a passing league so at some point you going to have to be able to deliver the ball from the pocket. The issue is that most of the spread QBs in college right now aren't that amazing at doing that in on NFL level. So what you ended up with is talented football players that can't play QB so they end up changing positions i.e. T. Pryor and even he is an outlier due to his freak of nature athleticism.
agreed, you still have to make the throws. lots of teams mixing in zone read stuff with their runs but only a handful a game.

blew my mind seeing the 9ers whole offense looking to the sideline for adjustments.

I mean yea but the regular season is gonna be way more entertaining/competitive this year than it has been in the past I think.

Idk if folks have been paying attention but defenses are starting to win again so I'm expecting more rule changes to further neuter defenses in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom