The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romo is a better QB, Dak is limited. As a Giants fan, I prefer going against Dak. Romo isn't forcing as many throws as he once did because they got a running game so Romo is more dangerous.

how is everyone so sure that romo is STILL the better QB though?

kinda assuming a lot from and for a dude who is 36 and we're 2 seasons from that '14 season
Exactly why I think we're seeing so much resistance from some rival NFC east fans to the thought
laugh.gif
this has nothing to do with the rivalry.. just legit curious when I hear the topic being discussed

how is everyone so sure that romo is STILL the better QB though?

kinda assuming a lot from and for a dude who is 36 and we're 2 seasons from that '14 season

Exactly why I think we're seeing so much resistance from some rival NFC east fans to the thought :lol:

this has nothing to do with the rivalry.. just legit curious when I hear the topic being discussed

Even if he isn't,he doesn't have to be relied on as much with Zeke around . He just about has as much talent on offense as he's ever had in his career right now.

Just thinking his experience would be more conducive to a title run than rolling the dice with Dak in January

Last edited:
We won't know if Romo is still the best QB or not until he plays if he isn't they have Dak now to fall back on so there is really nothing to lose with seeing what Romo can do with this much better team. If I was a betting man I would go with the veteran who we have seen play at a high level and offers you more of a passing threat over a rookie who has done well this season but is starting to look more and more like a rookie as the season goes on.

Last edited:
Earlier in the year I was in the camp that if Cowboys want to win a Super Bowl they should end up switching to Romo. But they've gone in too deep with Dak. Which is fine. But it's too late to start switching things around. Just look at Romo as great insurance if Dak goes down.

Also will be weird if they lock up the 1 seed with 2 weeks left in the season. That's alot of **** around time. Im sure they'll be tempted to get Romo some reps. But you gotta watch it with resting a rookie QB for too long, if at all. If im the Cowboys im playing Dak the entire season no matter when they lock the bye up. I'd rest Elliot though.

What a unique situation.

Last edited:
Even if he isn't,he doesn't have to be relied on as much. He just about has as much talent on offense as he's ever had in his career right now
I completely agree with the point.. it's why I figured the cowboys would draft zeke during the draft..

but at this point I'm not sure romo is still the player a lot of people are presuming he is based on what we seen of him the last 5 times we've seen him play

but that point also applies with dak (not having to be relied upon as much).. and dak offers running ability and isn't going take a ton of risk (which we know romo does)

If im the Cowboys im playing Dak the entire season no matter when they lock the bye up. I'd rest Elliot though.
should treat it like that 2nd preseason game.. starters go a quarter and maybe a bit more.. then you bring in the backups at certain key spots

Last edited:
long story short with romo, this is the best team he's probably ever had with weapons on offense and the way the defense is playing. their defense was god awful the years that romo was healthy.

it just sucks for him that he finally gets this team they have and he's not even the starter lol.

granted Romo has struggled in big games, to say the least, but any rookie QB is susceptible to making a mistake to blow it for their team and the playoffs leaves no room for error.

dak doesn't win games for dallas. he just doesn't lose them. whether you can make that same argument for Romo remains to be seen. and if you look at dak in this light, the case for romo is "well if dak can do this a healthy romo absolutely could too"

i think it'd just be hilarious, because i'm not a fan of romo, that this could finally be the team romo can win with, and he's not even going to have the shot lol

Last edited:
I'd take my chance with Romo's big game blunders vs. a rookie QB when the pressure is on in the playoffs

Cowboys looking they would face the Falcons or Giants in their first game, Falcons offense would do damage

also i think the cause for panic is because IIR, the giants game was the closest dallas has had to a playoff caliber matchup. division rival and a team fighting to make another week, in the Giants.

and judging by his performance, not bashing Dak, it's not enough to get through the NFL playoffs.

that's why i think Dak naysayers are getting nervous. it wasn't JUST another game. it was a huge precursor to the atmosphere of a playoff game.

Last edited:
^ they got the bucs and lions the next 2 weeks who are kinda in the same boat

going be interesting last 3 weeks:

cowboys (11- 2) got: bucs, lions and @ eagles

lions (9-4) got: @ giants, @ cowboys and packers

giants (9-4)got: lions, @ eagles and @ skins

seahawks (8-4-1) got: rams, cards and @ 9ers

then you got bucs (8-5), falcons (8-5), skins (7-5-1), packers (7-6) and Vikings (7-6) all still fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom