the JETS are going to be a PROBLEM next year

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

You could laugh all you want and not actually say anything (I understand, you're a Dolphin fans, so you feel the need to attack the Jets for no reason because that's what good fans do!...) but if you really don't think that in the history of football there won't be another team like the 2000 Ravens at any point then you're sadly mistaken. We have Rex (who was the DLine coach at that time), we have another year under the belt (not sure if you noticed but it was the first year we had Rex and we finished first in the league if you missed that...), we signed Cro, we still have the draft, our offense should be better which should take some of the load of the D, etc. We were one win away from a Super Bowl apperance. If there's one team that can mirror the 2000 Ravens, it's this year's Jets (at least on paper so far, but that's the only thing we can go by right now). But of course the good Dolphin fan would just completely ignore any correlation to these two teams! Is it gonna happen? Can't say until the season ends. Can it happen? It could. Don't know why that's such a hard concept to grasp. We have the right to talk. We weren't the ones sitting third in the AFC East and watching the playoffs from home. We're not the team that finished 7-9 last year. We're actually a team with high expectations because of the success we had the season before, and not just because we had to spend $90.5 mill on just two players.
A knowledgeable fan would look at more than the "on paper" rosters to make that claim. I saw that 2000 Ravens team every week, dad is a diehard Ravens fan with season tickets. I saw that team many many times and you're just not close, sorry. Forget me being a Dolphins fan, because your logic is about as ******ed as your stupid #%! claim. You don't have a Ray Lewis on your team. Ray Lewis, that season, played as well as any of the LB's in the HISTORY of this game. The two tackles, Goose and big Sam Adams, clogged anything and everything. McCrary was out of this world that season, and Boulware was a beast. Then you have the secondary, ridiculous. Rod Woodson, McCalister, etc. There was a reason they stifled O's every week.

You don't have that. You have no player on your team that can even come close to how dominant #52 was that season. Your secondary, outside of Revis, is nowhere near as good as those guys were. Your D-Line is nowhere as talented as that 2000 D. Jenkins is good, for sure.

Just give it up. A talented D, #1, good possibility. 2000 Ravens? '85 Bears? Get real. Stop being a homer and look at the facts.

So know who you're dealing with before spouting off.

p.s., lol at "we're not a third place team at 7-9". You sure were talking #%!! the year before that as well. Not only did the Phins have a weak receiving cast, the injuries were insane. Starting QB, RB, NT, CB all lost for the season. Let me see your team lose that much and succeed.
We lost both our biggest offensive threat and the anchor to our defense for the season
grin.gif

laugh.gif
 @ Jets fans trying to throw stones at the Dolphins. Quick question: WHO beat WHO TWICE last year?

Let's keep it one hundred. The ony reason the Jets were in the playoffs last year is because they got two freebies at the end of the season. Two freebies by teams who already clinched their desired playoff births.

If the Colts decide they want go for an undefeated season, the Jets AREN'T in the playoffs. Hell with three games left in the season, your own COACH, ol Rexy boy declared his own team "DONE".
laugh.gif

I'll give credit to the Jets for making their run and taking advatange of their opportunity. But let's not act like you're on a level significantly higher the either the Patriots OR the Dolphins. It's going to be a tight race. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Cro will probably be an average-below average defender with average-above average numbers... Hell probably have a lot of junk thrown up his way from QB pressure and QBs not wanting to throw junk up to a player like Revis.
He already was facing the #2s most of the time because Jammar was taking on the #1s in SD.  He'll do well.  He's a ball hawk, and that's something the Jets needed on the other side.

Jet fan getting loose in this thread, should make for good quotes or material later in the year

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Sanchez will fall back to Earth.
dude had 12 TDs and 20 INTs.
that's stratospheric #'s to you?

Exactly, where did anyone come up with this notion that Sanchez was out of this world? He was WORSE than Ryan and Flacco his first year. Am I the only one that remembers him throwing 4 int's against the god forsaken bills? We won in SPITE of Sanchez last year. He just needs to continue to progress as we hope he will. We have surrounded him with the weapons to do that. However anyone who thinks Sanchez was the driving force behind our success last year is a flat out moron. 

I'm talking more about him jumping into the league and leading his team to the AFC Championship game. Gauranteed he's riding sky high right now.

Ahhh I can understand that, however I doubt that's really the case. If anything from what we've seen, he's the kind of worker that will take being in the AFC championship as motivation for getting to the Big game

BreakingNews : The New York Jets have signed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Tupac Shakur, Megatron, and LeBron James.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

BreakingNews : The New York Jets have signed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Tupac Shakur, Megatron, and LeBron James.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

as far as the jets...i ain't sweatin' it, not yet at least

Originally Posted by onewearz

i've been a jet fan all my life and i've never been as amped for a season to start as i am now. with that said theres a part of me that knows they're gonna @$%% this up
laugh.gif

guess i was right
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom