The Jordan is a Jerk Topic

DMoney82 wrote:

One NTer posted a story about seeing MJ at some Charity Golf Tournament or something like that. He took his Jordan off and ran up to Mike like "Hey can you sign my shoe?" Mike replied "Man get that +++ out of my face."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Story #1 – The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1. Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing. They played 48 holes of golf. And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring. Johnny asked MJ, “what did you do all that for?

well i got a story from my friend, he told me he saw mj in vegas and they stayed at the same hotel, anyways, my friend is hyped about this, did he approach mj in person?? Nope, he went to talk to the hotel manager and got him to ask mj, and mj say yep and so my friend went with a bunch of stuff for mj to sign, but only signs let a pair of shoes and a ball for him. then he recieved two certificates for the signing saying that this are legit mj signatures. Guess it the way you approach him, and who care his a jerk, it doesnt affect your life. I look up to him for the way he play ball like every game is his last.

well i got a story from my friend, he told me he saw mj in vegas and they stayed at the same hotel, anyways, my friend is hyped about this, did he approach mj in person?? Nope, he went to talk to the hotel manager and got him to ask mj, and mj say yep and so my friend went with a bunch of stuff for mj to sign, but only signs let a pair of shoes and a ball for him. then he recieved two certificates for the signing saying that this are legit mj signatures. Guess it the way you approach him, and who care his a jerk, it doesnt affect your life. I look up to him for the way he play ball like every game is his last.

Camillionaire says MJ was taking pics with girls. I guess MJ just wanted to take pics with the females only at that time so thats why he told Cam off. LOL MJ a funny guy.

And the video where that guy says " if you ever do something like that again you will NEVER play basketball again....because i'm going to break both of your legs" That !sh had me LMA0

Camillionaire says MJ was taking pics with girls. I guess MJ just wanted to take pics with the females only at that time so thats why he told Cam off. LOL MJ a funny guy.

And the video where that guy says " if you ever do something like that again you will NEVER play basketball again....because i'm going to break both of your legs" That !sh had me LMA0

Originally Posted by deFOBking

that's how it normally is with famous people and hell people in general.   if i was famous and people were constantly all over me on some in awe starstruck type stuff, i'm pretty sure it would get annoying after a while.

i've had good expierences with every famous person that would come in my previous jobs, or that i would see out and about. i've never been on some nagging, starstruck type stuff though.  hell i sat next to a pretty famous actor on my flight back to cali on monday and ended up chopping it up most of the flight about movies, sports, and just life in general. all in all 99.9% of the time if you approach someone correctly you'll get a friendly response.

Originally Posted by deFOBking

that's how it normally is with famous people and hell people in general.   if i was famous and people were constantly all over me on some in awe starstruck type stuff, i'm pretty sure it would get annoying after a while.

i've had good expierences with every famous person that would come in my previous jobs, or that i would see out and about. i've never been on some nagging, starstruck type stuff though.  hell i sat next to a pretty famous actor on my flight back to cali on monday and ended up chopping it up most of the flight about movies, sports, and just life in general. all in all 99.9% of the time if you approach someone correctly you'll get a friendly response.

In all honesty if I ever meet him and he disrespects me, I'm calling him out on it.
I don't give a damn what you've done in your life, what you own, or how much your coat tailing from your past.

No one is above anyone in this world, I haven't met many celebrities but the ones I have met were really cool, didn't seem any different from anyone else, I guess he just got a big head and said "*@$% it, I was the worlds greatest basketball player and I still make money from it, I'm better than everyone else in the world."

Dude is just a arrogant bastard, I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts his old %%# in his place one day. 
grin.gif

In all honesty if I ever meet him and he disrespects me, I'm calling him out on it.
I don't give a damn what you've done in your life, what you own, or how much your coat tailing from your past.

No one is above anyone in this world, I haven't met many celebrities but the ones I have met were really cool, didn't seem any different from anyone else, I guess he just got a big head and said "*@$% it, I was the worlds greatest basketball player and I still make money from it, I'm better than everyone else in the world."

Dude is just a arrogant bastard, I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts his old %%# in his place one day. 
grin.gif

IF MIKE WASN'T A ****, HE WOULDN'T HAVE RINGS.
Mike is the way he is because he's such a competitor. I got mad respect for the way he goes about his business. Yes, he could treat his fans better, but that makes him who he is, and I respect the hell out of that because he doesn't let other people's opinions affect him. 

Mike is the way he is because he's such a competitor. I got mad respect for the way he goes about his business. Yes, he could treat his fans better, but that makes him who he is, and I respect the hell out of that because he doesn't let other people's opinions affect him. 

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

he should be able to seperate being a **** to his opponents on the basketball court from being a **** to people who are fans of what he did and most likely have spent their money on his shoes, jerseys and merchandise though.

at the end of the day he doesn't have to be nice or friendly to anyone nor does he owe anyone a thing but it says alot about who he is as a person.  i've never met him personally but off alot of the negative stories i've heard about him i think the saying that all the money in the world can't buy class applies to michael jordan. 

he should be able to seperate being a **** to his opponents on the basketball court from being a **** to people who are fans of what he did and most likely have spent their money on his shoes, jerseys and merchandise though.

at the end of the day he doesn't have to be nice or friendly to anyone nor does he owe anyone a thing but it says alot about who he is as a person.  i've never met him personally but off alot of the negative stories i've heard about him i think the saying that all the money in the world can't buy class applies to michael jordan. 

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:

I agree with you there, but look at it like this. for the last 20 years of this man's life, he hasn't been able to go in public without being harassed by people. 20 years. I agree that he should be able to separate it, but at the end of the day, that *!@% would get beyond annoying so i can't really blame him.

I agree with you there, but look at it like this. for the last 20 years of this man's life, he hasn't been able to go in public without being harassed by people. 20 years. I agree that he should be able to separate it, but at the end of the day, that *!@% would get beyond annoying so i can't really blame him.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

laugh.gif
That guy is Horace Grant. That is all.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

laugh.gif
That guy is Horace Grant. That is all.

that i agree with, i posted earlier that i honestly feel that if you approach someone correctly 99.9% of the time you'll get a friendly response, i'd say that would even apply with michael jordan as well
laugh.gif
.  in the case with jordan i could imagine it must get real annoying seeing grown men acting like starstruck little kids over him regularly and knowing alot of them just want his autograph to sell on ebay.

that i agree with, i posted earlier that i honestly feel that if you approach someone correctly 99.9% of the time you'll get a friendly response, i'd say that would even apply with michael jordan as well
laugh.gif
.  in the case with jordan i could imagine it must get real annoying seeing grown men acting like starstruck little kids over him regularly and knowing alot of them just want his autograph to sell on ebay.

I also read the Johnny Bach story. He was dropping some insider information. I'll check around to see if I can find it.
But one thing I did remember was that, one time while MJ was guarding Muggsy Bogues, he sagged off and said
"Shoot it, you f*ckin' ******". Muggsy missed the shot... and told Bach that he never was the same after that.

EDIT: found the Johnny Bach story.
http://thahiphopcorner.co...m/index.php?topic=6532.0

I also read the Johnny Bach story. He was dropping some insider information. I'll check around to see if I can find it.
But one thing I did remember was that, one time while MJ was guarding Muggsy Bogues, he sagged off and said
"Shoot it, you f*ckin' ******". Muggsy missed the shot... and told Bach that he never was the same after that.

EDIT: found the Johnny Bach story.
http://thahiphopcorner.co...m/index.php?topic=6532.0

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I've heard stories about him purposely popping champagne corks at people's heads for no reason. Supposedly he is practices this and is VERY accurate. Not a single damb is given by this man NT. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I've heard stories about him purposely popping champagne corks at people's heads for no reason. Supposedly he is practices this and is VERY accurate. Not a single damb is given by this man NT. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

At the end of the day the double standard afforded to mr. jordan by the (almost all white) media when compared to kobe or lebron has to do with the fact the jordan is an "acceptable black athlete" in their eyes. he played ball and went home which is what i believe most middle aged and older whites want out of black athletes/entertainers. Just entertain me black man/woman and go home. Jordan had virtually no spine when it came to speaking about social/political issues. If lebron or kobe said "Republicans buy sneakers too." or remained quiet during allegations of chinese sweatshop misconduct the media would be killing them. And let's not forget all the white women he slept with while he was married. Why did Jordan get a pass yet Tiger just became some deviant when he engaged in the same behavior? I just don't get it.

While Lebron may never reach the status of Jordan on the floor, I certainly have gained more respect off of it. His decision to leave Cleveland in my mind  politically surpassed anything than Jordan has ever did. Lebron's decision to go to Miami went against every negative stereotype about the black athlete. I applaud you Mr. James for having the balls to live as a  truly "free" man.
man you are high as %@@$

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

At the end of the day the double standard afforded to mr. jordan by the (almost all white) media when compared to kobe or lebron has to do with the fact the jordan is an "acceptable black athlete" in their eyes. he played ball and went home which is what i believe most middle aged and older whites want out of black athletes/entertainers. Just entertain me black man/woman and go home. Jordan had virtually no spine when it came to speaking about social/political issues. If lebron or kobe said "Republicans buy sneakers too." or remained quiet during allegations of chinese sweatshop misconduct the media would be killing them. And let's not forget all the white women he slept with while he was married. Why did Jordan get a pass yet Tiger just became some deviant when he engaged in the same behavior? I just don't get it.

While Lebron may never reach the status of Jordan on the floor, I certainly have gained more respect off of it. His decision to leave Cleveland in my mind  politically surpassed anything than Jordan has ever did. Lebron's decision to go to Miami went against every negative stereotype about the black athlete. I applaud you Mr. James for having the balls to live as a  truly "free" man.
man you are high as %@@$

Back
Top Bottom