The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Originally Posted by DsLee559

man can someone do a PS with the Air Griffey Max i with 360 soles?...actually any griffeys with 360 soles..would be interesting.

Sorry about the picture quality of this... hi-res shots of the original 96's are tough to come by, so I just said the hell with it and whipped upsomething quick off of a PYS pic...

9r7ryu.jpg

Again... the quality sucks. But like you said, DsLee... it is interesting. I'm usually not a big fan of hybrids, but after seeing how nicely theoriginal Griffey's have translated to a modern-day, full-length midsole cleat, it probably would do the same with a modern AM midsole/outsole.

I'd take the original Griffey's in any way, shape, or form, though. Cleats, retro's, hybrids... whatever, I'd just love to see these hitthe market again.

I dont know what pics Ninja is askin about but that PS litterally made me gasp
eek.gif

those look incredible.
Nike should definately release those.
pimp.gif

Nice pics. Here's what I did with them in PS (it's as good as I'm gonna do in 45 minutes before work)...

25515fe4765123d880c6bc151c72b69aa01ee57.jpg

bf0157ed7f5d29dc053680c07c37e9f40be0f59.jpg

...I'd like to do it again and see if I can re-create the curved foam look, but in white leather (like some of the cleats actually do).

That extra layer might look cool with the AM360 sole, or it might not, but I'd like to see it.

haha... thats a good PS job... dunno if I'd like it in a 360 sole... but its a good job nonetheless...

hmmm... whatelse is there to try? go low-profile with a zoom air sole? or dare I say, shox?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

haha... thats a good PS job... dunno if I'd like it in a 360 sole... but its a good job nonetheless...

hmmm... whatelse is there to try? go low-profile with a zoom air sole? or dare I say, shox?

Thanks man. I doubt it'd look good with anything else, though. The crazy style of the 90's doesn't really go with low-profile, and Shox wouldbe a complete disaster (kinda like the one and only pair of Shox Griffey's were a disaster). Gaudy style needs gaudy cushioning, so I actually think thisis an interesting (albeit slightly amusing) combo.

I think I'd rather see a straight retro than a hybrid, but if it came down to it, I'd much rather a Griffey shoe in a 360 sole than a mess likethis:

xl317811081.jpg

mad.gif
Come on, Nike...

^ yeah I hear ya... I am, by no means, a fan of hybrids... I want an exact retro from the '24' on the strap down to the baseball on the outsole...

and the reason for the 'low-profile' was because of how the cleats look, with them being kinda low-profile... just curious as to how it'd look...

Got a specific outsole from some other shoe you'd like to see? Let me know, and I'll fool with it. And btw... I totally didn't mean to hijackthis thread and turn it into something that belongs in Sneaker Art... it's just interesting food for thought.

Reds play at 1:05 today, so hopefully some new pics will surface of Jr.'s cleats...

You know. I thought it was going to be blasphemy because I'm such a purest......I kinda like it. That's not to say I'd RATHER have a hybrid butit's pretty decent looking. Good job.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Got a specific outsole from some other shoe you'd like to see? Let me know, and I'll fool with it. And btw... I totally didn't mean to hijack this thread and turn it into something that belongs in Sneaker Art... it's just interesting food for thought.

Reds play at 1:05 today, so hopefully some new pics will surface of Jr.'s cleats...

Jr's not playing until tomorrow's home opener.
embarassed.gif

Peace,
J

Thanks for the PSes..I thought they were pretty koo..I'd love to see a retro of the AGM1s too..It'll be dope if Nike made a Griffey Max X..I mean theKids been in a league like 20 years now..and still hitting 20+ homeruns.

X's would be cool. Only fitting as he's gonna hit 600 this season and everyone is itching for SOMETHING Griffey.

It's easy for me to say but I'd like to see the AGMI retro'd in the Reds colorways from '07.

markyd33psu- nice job on those PhotoShops.
pimp.gif

How about these possibilities, please?

Here's your black/green original:

How about a black/green with a black cage, like this:

Or a black/green, with a regular cage, but white leather on the side of the upper, like this:

And here's your white/blue original:

Well how about a white/blue with a blue cage, like this:

Or white/blue with a regular cage, but white leather on the side of the upper, like this:

If you get a chance, I'd very much appreciate seeing how those would look. If you don't have the time, I can just make a request in the Sneaker Artforum or ask BP or something; no biggie.

Thanks if you can, though.
happy.gif

Jesus... I didn't realize a few PS's would get this kind of reaction. Like I said, I don't want this to turn into a Sneaker Art thread, but23ska909red02... I actually did those color cages when I was messing around earlier today. I don't really feel like going back and doing any more (and Idon't want to hijack this thread any more than I have already), but here are those cage changes:

a4025afe777c858f21ad86d66341b469f0e2e8c.jpg

I'd advise against changing that leather part into white, as it would totally mess with the original overall feel of the shoe.

Okay... so that's the end of my PS'ing.

Only if they do things right, which in my mind puts a 24 on the Mariners colorway and a 3 on the Reds colorway. But we all know Nike's too cheap for that.On second thought I'm good with my 3 pairs so no need for a retro
happy.gif

markyd33psu:
Jesus... I didn't realize a few PS's would get this kind of reaction. Like I said, I don't want this to turn into a Sneaker Art thread, but 23ska909red02... I actually did those color cages when I was messing around earlier today. I don't really feel like going back and doing any more (and I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I have already), but here are those cage changes:

a4025afe777c858f21ad86d66341b469f0e2e8c.jpg

I'd advise against changing that leather part into white, as it would totally mess with the original overall feel of the shoe.

Okay... so that's the end of my PS'ing.

My fault for asking, bro... but thanks for showing those cages matching the upper. I really like that look a lot.

No worries... I wasn't knocking you, I just didn't want to offend anyone by posting too many PS pics. Thanks for the compliments though!

I posted this in the MLB Feet thread as well, but I figured I'd give you Griffey fans some love too...

d5f3584ae34479ff5b492a89d4c45d443909256.jpg

^ From the spring training game earlier today. Not the greatest pic in the world, but it appears that the 96's are back.

Full gallery here: The Enquirer

Back
Top Bottom