The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Orlando Hudson's Diamondback PE's
7c736fb442d80ef7a6c0e8736d6b7996cfbd4f3e.jpg
f2016d4a01a7e2607661efaba5861b04c914c227.jpg
32226864d304da5ee296c273e0bfba2fd84d987d.jpg
ec1167460fa9e362732151c57bc969949e87835a.jpg
fed36a4744450242a45bee8e657478701870ea5e.jpg
2e01624708a3e96a7c1f837feb5e9070d23b34af.jpg

Oh yeah they fit totally different. The commercial releases are a much lighter shoe. More comfortable actually but I like the look of these a little better. It would be nice to see a full air max version of the Jackie Robinson's.

I want these so bad. I can't figure out why they weren't released commercially. I remember when the Black/Red Colorway showed up on Niketown.com they had these listed but unavailable at the time because of the release date but then they disappeared off the site and just had the Black/Red colorway available for purchase.

d5e26a94b4050a4ae0561872c7f06ea1806854fa.jpg

Weren't those on Nike.com and some other random sports sites for a while?
Bill Hall wore those when he was an M last season...

These were given to me by Junior, my family has been close with the Griffey's for a long time. He gave me these last Spring and they are a Promo Sample or Player Exclusive for him. The tag on the inside says H 2008 (im assuming Holiday 2008). So these aren't going to be released to the general public with the full air max just for the players.

Bumpin' the thread...

My beer/rec league softball team won our league championship the other day, and I took a shot or two of the shoes I played in.

I am going to miss the Kid, I started watching baseball right when he was a rookie...

7e9251be0ad60caeda3384a5921c4a7be8d0fa0.jpg

d7c259de69dd8c47dad3c77306f452dc8e41d09.jpg

pretty sweet griffey stuff you guys... especially those shirts up there... go good with his new silver griffeys

Originally Posted by TheSwingman24

These were given to me by Junior, my family has been close with the Griffey's for a long time. He gave me these last Spring and they are a Promo Sample or Player Exclusive for him. The tag on the inside says H 2008 (im assuming Holiday 2008). So these aren't going to be released to the general public with the full air max just for the players.
Jealous as hell over here.  My size and my favorite athlete of all time. 
embarassed.gif
eek.gif

You have HEAT sir.

Nice man, thats right down the road.

Just from what I have seen, your JR. collection is INSANE and you get to talk with him fairly often... that is amazing.

My only gem is pictured in my AVY, love em.

I haven't talked with him for a while. The last time was right before he retired late May I think, I sent him a text about wanting to meet up with him when the M's were gonna be in Chicago to play the White Sox. I wanted to go cause I never have been up there. He sent me a text back telling me to come up and he would leave tickets. I haven't talked to him since then. I talked to his wife the weekend before he retired she called and said her and the 3 kids were in town because Taryn had a AAU bball tourny here but I was out of town back in SE Ohio playing in a baseball tournament and couldnt go. My parents and my sister were in Orlando last week visiting with his mom Birdie and they were out of town so they didnt get to see him. But Birdie was saying he was enjoying the retirement. He bought a 50 foot RV and him and they family have been out just traveling. He has never been able to take the family on summer vacations before so its pretty cool that they get the chance to do those kind of things now. I'm sure he misses ball like crazy though but Junior's kind of backwards at times and won't talk to things that are bothering him, especially doing interviews, or speaking in front of large crowds, or talking about his accomplishments. The many times ive been around him and his family when we were in Spring Training when we have gone down to his place for Thanksgiving, I don't really look at him as the Ken Griffey Jr that's one his over 600 hr's and one of the greatest of all time. He's just Junior its hard to understand when you've known him since I was 5 or 6. It's funny when ive taken some of my friends to games with me and we went back to the condo after the games. The reactions on their faces are classic when they first walk up to him lol I love it. But at times Ive brought up to him at times when were just sitting around watching tv or whatever and im like do you ever think about or just sit back and realize what you've done I remember asking him this once and he said yeah its pretty wild to think about it and kind of brushed it off like it was nothing, its not that he was being arrogant about it, he gets uncomfortable talking about his accomplishments. Maybe that will change now that he's retired I don't know. I have been thinking about if he's planning on going back to Seattle for a ceremony before the season is over. I haven't heard anything but I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt happen, he won't want to get emotional in front of a stadium full of people lol. But I don't know I am hoping it happens but I wouldnt be surprised if it doesn't. I think he told some of the guys on the team that he would be back before the season was over so we'll have to see. Ive been fortunate to spend a lot of time with that family over the years. They are the most normal and greatest that you would wanna be around. Thanks to them ive been fortunate to see many baseball games in my life and now its over its hard to believe that he's not playing anymore. Its really awkward to go to a Reds games and not seeing him there I get kind of a weird feeling. The last time I seen him was out in Arizona in the Spring. I was lucky and witnessed his last HR it was unofficial but it was great. They were playing the Reds, the count was 3 and 2 bottom of the 9th bases loaded walk off grand slam to win the game. It was perfect!

Not sure if you all have seen on the other thread that they have made it official Summer 2011 the Air Griffey Max II will be released. Junior told me they would continue releasing his line, he and Nike had a meeting in 2007 when he went back with Reds to play the Mariners. They discussed the new Remixes and releasing the 1st and 2nd product line. He didnt mention the G6's so I was kind of surprised to see those last Spring and he didnt mention anything about the 3rd and the 4th product. My opinion the I wouldnt care if they brought the 3rd, 4th, or the G7's back. Those were my least favorite, especially the 3rd line. The 4th line were a little better but the colorways sucked. I would love to have the G8's come back I def want another pair of the White/Silver ones from 2003 mine are wearing down some.

Here is the article
http://theshoegame.com/ar...returns-summer-2011.html

Back
Top Bottom