THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 PRE-SEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thinking the raiders front office played the situation wrong because they won’t get anything of value back =/= stanning for Carr.

I’ve never actually met a Carr Stan in my life.

You must not have Twitter bc there is a large population of “Raiders fans” that wants McDaniels to fail because of how he did Carr wrong and that he is of no fault in why we couldn’t get a playoff win in 9 years.

I have zero faith in Josh McDaniels...but I ain't got no choice but to root for that MF, so it is what it is. Hope he proves me wrong.

FWIW, I'd have more faith in Carr than I would Josh McDaniels....and yes, I know DC ain't won **** in 9 seasons :lol:

You must not have Twitter bc there is a large population of “Raiders fans” that wants McDaniels to fail because of how he did Carr wrong and that he is of no fault in why we couldn’t get a playoff win in 9 years.

I meant in real life Raider fans.
I don’t think I know anyone with a DC jersey.

I meant in real life Raider fans.
I don’t think I know anyone with a DC jersey.

i'm in VA, so i only know a handful of Raiders fans out here. none of them are upset that we're moving on. BUT there a whole lot of people on the internet that champion that man and feel that we owe him our deepest apologies for failing him as an organization. at the end of the day he didnt win. regardless of whatever excuses can be made, he didnt win. its not an opinion. its a fact. idk why some folks are so damn emotional about that.

I have zero faith in Josh McDaniels...but I ain't got no choice but to root for that MF, so it is what it is. Hope he proves me wrong.

FWIW, I'd have more faith in Carr than I would Josh McDaniels....and yes, I know DC ain't won **** in 9 seasons :lol:

i give McDaniels a pass for year 1. i get that he was a huge flop in Denver, but its not like he didnt come from a winning culture in NE.

idc if we made the playoffs last season and that we "regressed". lets be honest, we caught fire and somehow managed to pull it off with everything that happened. i dont think anyone can say we were a legitimate looking playoff team.

now year 2 we need to make strides bc now guys understand the system, Zieg has had 2 offseasons to shape the roster his way, and we should end the season with more wins than the last. year 3, if we're not winning at least 10-11 games, then they failed. obviously a lot more goes into that, but it is a process. we cant keep firing GMs and HCs every other season.

How you value a system when none of the key contributors will be here. Everything will be starting from square 1 with the exception of specialty positions.

I dont have faith in our ability to draft either. Hope I'm wrong but we never get that right

How you value a system when none of the key contributors will be here. Everything will be starting from square 1 with the exception of specialty positions.

I dont have faith in our ability to draft either. Hope I'm wrong but we never get that right

why be a fan if 90% of your thoughts about this team is focused on their inability? its year 2 of a new regime, not year 12.

why be a fan if 90% of your thoughts about this team is focused on their inability? its year 2 of a new regime, not year 12.
Where did the 90% come from?
Also what did we do so well that has you ready to build on next year? Was it the defense? Was it our oline? The qb or Rb that are speculated to leave? This coaching staff?

Outside of max Crosby what is there to be excited about?

we’ve been through 20+ years of being one of the worst franchises in sports.

multiple GM’s. hella coaches. hella QB’s. ****, even 2 cities now. results haven’t changed.

and we ain’t ever gonna be **** until we start drafting better.

look, if you wanna be negative about everything this team does, why are you even a fan? already having no faith after ONE season makes no sense, but do you. did you expect a SB or a deep playoff team with the lack of talent?

everyone with sense knows that it takes 2 years for a new GM and coach to build THEIR roster and establish their culture and system. you make it seem like Zieg/McDaniels inherited a talented roster and just bombed it. outside of Maxx, defense is trash. Carr **** the bed even with this BF to throw to. OL sucks. Renfrow and Waller were hurt most of the season. Jacobs and Adams were the only ones on offense that produced.

look at who Gruyock has drafted and left for Ziegler/McDaniels? other than Jacobs, none of their FRPs are even on the team.

they didnt even have a 1st or 2nd last year bc they traded it for Adams. Parham showed promise. now if they **** the bed this offseason and we have another losing season then yes i'll lose faith too. i think your expectations are unrealistic after ONE season.

look, if you wanna be negative about everything this team does, why are you even a fan? already having no faith after ONE season makes no sense, but do you. did you expect a SB or a deep playoff team with the lack of talent?

My brother the raiders have been trash for 95% of the last 20 years. The one year they were fun to watch the qb went down before the playoffs.

They have to prove to me that they are competent before I have even a shred of hope. Nothing this team has done has inspired confidence.

The best part of being a raider fan were the tailgates at the coliseum. The actual on field product has been garbage for the majority of my life.

I stopped having any expectations for this team a while ago because every season ends the same way. They have to prove they know what they are doing before I give them the benefit of the doubt. New regime or not.

Right or wrong, I need to see it before I change my stance.

I get not being overly optimistic, but to just assume they’re gonna **** up…idk man. I’m not saying I think this regime will turn the franchise around just yet, but I’m at least going to give them a chance. Like I said, year 2 and if we’re still bottom feeders, then they can go.

I don't assume they'll **** it up but the enthusiasm I had years ago is totally gone. I used to know all the practice squad guys, late round pick/undrafted rookies and followed the team tightly like crazy. Not anymore.

Anything the Raiders get for Carr will be a plus. The way his deal is set up with the no trade clause, he has the leverage to go or not go where they try to trade him. Raiders kings screwed up by setting the date where the $40 mil is guaranteed too early.

I think most (if not all of us) are in agreement Jimmy G ain’t the move :lol: hopefully this exec is trippin.

Wouldn’t be the worst stop gap QB, assuming we take a QB at 7, but I don’t prefer it. The only reason why I’d be ok with having Jimmy as the stop gap over Rodgers is the money. We can fill a lot of holes with the cap difference between the two. Rodgers obviously the better player, but Jimmy already knows the offense and his only real issue is health. Regardless, we need talent on D, whether we draft a QB this year or next.

Yea Rodgers contract next year is :sick:

Jimmy G not the answer. But the way QB’s get paid now, wouldn’t be surprised if somebody throws some stupid money at him.

And yea they can draft a QB at 7, but what QB will be left at that point? Would it even be worth it?

A lateral move at 1/3 the cost which allows us to spend on the other side of the ball. I’m fine with being the stop gap, but my ideal scenario is get Rodgers and have him restructure his deal to give us the cap to fill the roster and actually compete.

Having Jimmy on the team means it’s a gap/transition year before we even play a game.

I would’ve rather kept Carr in that case. Idc.
We better draft a QB at 7 man. Idk if Stroud will drop that far and I don’t expect this regime to trade up.

I love Anthony Richardson. Would draft and sit/develop him for a year if we sign Jimmy. Not sure how confident I am in JMD’s ability to develop a qb but he had Mac Jones looking fairly decent so I’ll give him a chance.

I think i’d rather have Stidham than Jimmy G. Use that money that it would cost for Jimmy on Stidham and other key players along the Oline and Defense.

Dream scenario for me is we somehow land Stroud. I’d rather trade up a few spots for him than trade picks + the money on Rodgers. But if it’s Rodgers then thats cool too i guess…Hard pass on Jimmy G. It’s a backwards move from Carr cause the dude is gonna miss half the games due to injury. Maybe more than half if Ziegler don’t neglects the line in FA again.

Back
Top Bottom