THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 PRE-SEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FB_IMG_1676209322203.jpg

I think i’d rather have Stidham than Jimmy G. Use that money that it would cost for Jimmy on Stidham and other key players along the Oline and Defense.

Dream scenario for me is we somehow land Stroud. I’d rather trade up a few spots for him than trade picks + the money on Rodgers. But if it’s Rodgers then thats cool too i guess…Hard pass on Jimmy G. It’s a backwards move from Carr cause the dude is gonna miss half the games due to injury. Maybe more than half if Ziegler don’t neglects the line in FA again.

Jimmy is pretty much guaranteed to go down, which will allow our rookie QB to start a few games without having the pressure of a full season just yet. I’m cool with Stid as a stop gap too.

The Jimmy G market will heat up. Assuming Carr goes to NO (via trade or FA), you got teams like the Jets, Bucs, Raiders and maybe even Packers to continue to drive that cost up.

I’m just assuming the teams in the top 6 will draft a QB and not want a stop gap too.

The likely outcome was for him to get cut. Ziegler ****** up and painted us in this corner- sure no one would have predicted it to play out the way it did, but just a horribly constructed contract with the guaranteed date. To get absolutely nothing out of a valuable asset hurts.

Oh well, time to move on.

I think this is my biggest question - i don’t even know what the market is for Jimmy G. He’s a winner with a proven history of being hurt and a noodle arm.

The funny thing is that some are failing to realize that no team, other than the Saints, thought Derek was worth his contract. Yes, he can choose where he goes, but he’s not getting that 40mil per in 2024 or 2025. Even if the guaranteed date was later, I don’t think it would’ve changed the fact that no one would trade for his current deal without it being restructured.

Stroud isn’t gonna slide to that pick

I don't think so either. would rather trade up for Stroud than trade for Rodgers IMO. Not sure if the comp would equal out or not - i have no idea what the Packers would want in return for Rodgers.

Imma need Houston to take Will Levis at #2 :lol: Hopefully Demeco Ryans takes a defensive player to build up his team and all 3 QB's are there at #3.

i dont think the asking price will be high for Rodgers. GB is in kind of a similar situation we had with Derek. cant trade Rodgers to a team he doesnt want to, bc he'll threaten to retire. so if he says "i want to go to ______" you kinda have to if you want any compensation for him. essentially has a NTC.

Rodgers has the leverage. And I think Green Bay is ready to get rid of that contract. But that contract is what concerns me

I know he’s talked about retiring but idk how you can just leave $50 mil on the table

IF we trade for him, the condition would have to be that his contract is restructured into mostly a signing bonus to allow us to sign players.

Back
Top Bottom