THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 PRE-SEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"And we talk about this all the time: quarterback super power. And Derek's, his favorite quarterback for a long time -- I played against him and lost to him like nine times -- is Peyton Manning. He wants to get to the line, decipher what the defense is doing, get in an appropriate play. And that skill wasn't utilized in Las Vegas under Josh McDaniels. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. And Derek and Josh, they had a good conversation today, they parted ways. Josh is going to do his thing, he'll find a quarterback that fits his system, and Derek will go find a system that fits his style. So it will be good." - David Carr

Not sharing to keep bringing up Carr, but more just bring to light how much control McDaniels has over the offense. Or maybe he didn’t trust DC to make those decisions…idk…interesting thought tho.

obviously there's a lot going on that we don't know but the fact that the breaking point for Mcdaniels was the Seattle game (which we won) just sounds goofy to me.

personally I can't get behind a coach who has to get "his guys" in first. just sounds like an excuse.

we trying to win.

I’m not even entirely sure if I believe David Carr there…I think there was definitely a lack of trust between the McDaniels and Carr, but I don’t think as McDaniels as a dictator who doesn’t want the QB to make the audible…I mean, maybe? But I doubt he wins all those SB’s with Brady without letting the QB make those decisions….but you could argue that he’s the HC and it’s not Brady…idk, it is interesting…

The more I think on it, it’s CJ Stroud or bust for me.

This ain’t a QB Heavy draft, so if they don’t think any of the available QB’s are worth it - I wouldn’t be surprised if Brisett comes through (I’d rather have Brissett than Jimmy G). Maybe even a Baker Mayfield will come through on a cheap *** deal.

If McDaniels is as good as the media claims he is with an offense - Brissett/Mayfield with our weapons I’d expect to get 8/9 wins at least. I’m also expecting a better defense - I think this may be more of a reach than anything cause we’ve probably had a top 20 defense like twice in the last 20 years :lol:

i honestly think we should run it back with Stidham if we're not going all in for Rodgers. and when i mean all in i mean like a 3rd rounder and a contract restructure. doubt any of the top 3 QBs fall to us and Zieg seems to think the same, so we're likely not taking a QB until 2024. unless they trade back for Hooker in the late 2nd. other than him and the top 3, i dont see us taking one until the 4th or 5th.

Last month Hooker was projected to go 3rd or maybe 4th round. Regardless, i’m not sure how that knee will hold up and we’d still need a stop-gap QB if we draft him.

A Hooker jersey in Vegas just seems right tho :lol: Gotta be lucky #7 if that happens.

edit: didnt even realize he was 25 :wow:

Last edited:
Kinda happy we’re not going all-in in ARod. We’re way more than a QB and losing out draft capital just ain’t the move for this team.

With that said, it feels way more likely Jimmy G will
be the guy :smh:

Hope they take Hooker or even McKee if he’s available in the 2nd

Back
Top Bottom