The last children by Truthgetsbusy

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets. We knew how to draw. We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.

that right there shuts down anything you 90s babies can come up with...lol

i was a huge tomboy so i wanted the Panthers joint so bad...had to settle for an Indians joint cuz that was the only one in my size and i knew if i didn'tget one then i would never get one...

1ebel0.jpg

only pic i have of the jacket even though you cant see it...
pimp.gif
i lovedthat thing
frown.gif

90s R&B is ****t on anything out now...i'm just glad i was around for it
pimp.gif

Don't forget climbing the fence and sneaking into the neighbor's backyard to get your ball back and having to run from the dog...

What's sad is that these kids now are going to be saying the same thing in 20 years about the next generation. People will just keep getting more and moredetached as things become easier and easier.

More technology is not a good thing, at least for one's childhood.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

someone post one of yalls famous clapping .gifs or somethin ... op just posted the truest @#!+ ive ever seen ... yeah back in the day day, people didnt even have phones and we have benefited from technology a great deal, but kids now have no hope ... theres positive and negative technological advancement ...

I don't get this at all. How do the new kids have no hope when we have more technology at our disposal to do/experience a lot more? And it's onlygetting better. Yall act like kids today still don't go out and play outside
laugh.gif

Don't forget climbing the fence and going to get the ball from teh neighbors??? are you serious? What, we have teleporters today that can transport us fromhere to there?

Thats the sad part though...y'all comparing OJ Mayo with Michael Jordan and looking at a material object/fad like a Sidekick as a sacred memory.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

someone post one of yalls famous clapping .gifs or somethin ... op just posted the truest @#!+ ive ever seen ... yeah back in the day day, people didnt even have phones and we have benefited from technology a great deal, but kids now have no hope ... theres positive and negative technological advancement ...

I don't get this at all. How do the new kids have no hope when we have more technology at our disposal to do/experience a lot more? And it's only getting better. Yall act like kids today still don't go out and play outside
laugh.gif

Don't forget climbing the fence and going to get the ball from teh neighbors??? are you serious? What, we have teleporters today that can transport us from here to there?

we have that to but we also have the experience of being kids...theres a reason this generation is so fat...part of it may be the damn teleporters...run your!%$ from here to there
laugh.gif

TRUE THE GAME IS ALOT DIFFRENT

FIRST OFF NOW GUYS HAVE NO SELFASTEEM AND NO GAME CUZ OF THINGS LIKE MYSPACE NO GAME AT ALL GOING TO THE CLUB AND ASKINGFOR A MYSPACE OR FACE BOOK IS
smh.gif

GUYS ARE NOT PLAYING ENOUGH BALL ONLINE GAMING MAKING US FAT
smh.gif

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO LEAVE A CRIB IF YOU HAVE INTERNET YOU CAN ORDER ANYTHING FORM CANDY TO A STRIPPER
smh.gif

IM BORN IN 89 BY THE WAY

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

92' baby checking in. I would have to respectfully disagree. From my perspective, we grew up in the perfect time. Right when technology was on the cusp of making a big boom. Those experiences you talked about, for the most part I can relate. And I understand what you mean, but why do we have to look at it as "We saw michael jordan play" or "We saw Mike jackson when he was black," why can't it be "We get to see O.J. and KB play" or "We get to use the latest sidekick," etc. Why does our generation's positives have to be a negative?

You guys generation was dope no doubt, but 90's babies aren't no slouches either.
I agree with everything you said, but why you gotta throw OJ in there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

92' baby checking in. I would have to respectfully disagree. From my perspective, we grew up in the perfect time. Right when technology was on the cusp of making a big boom. Those experiences you talked about, for the most part I can relate. And I understand what you mean, but why do we have to look at it as "We saw michael jordan play" or "We saw Mike jackson when he was black," why can't it be "We get to see O.J. and KB play" or "We get to use the latest sidekick," etc. Why does our generation's positives have to be a negative?

You guys generation was dope no doubt, but 90's babies aren't no slouches either.
/thread

No disrespect to 80's babies, but every generation is different and that's just how it is. Like that one guy in here said, 70's babies said the same thing about you guys, and I'm already saying the same things about 00's babies, so get used to it.

Ok I was waiting for this....

Of course every generation had something that their parents didn't have.....trading cards to comicbooks to pinball machines to atari to playstation. I getit but come on man read the post. I'm saying that our generation is last. You guys are the beginning of something brand new. Something we never seenbefore. I'm said this wasn't to bash you guys but you took it that way. This new generation has access to EVERYTHING, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. That'scrazy when you think about it. You can get on Ustream make a mixtape live, put it online, do your album art on Photoshop and have a website up and running witha paypal account in a day. Thats crazy. My point is we were the last generation that had to do stuff the hard way. But like you said you guys have endlessopportunities right?...correct but what about the people that live on WoW. What about the people that only date online? With every new technology people willabuse it too.

We had to go to the book shelf and open the dictionary instead of clicking on google. See the difference? Everybody before the 80's babies had to dothat.....but not yall.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

TRUE THE GAME IS ALOT DIFFRENT

FIRST OFF NOW GUYS HAVE NO SELFASTEEM AND NO GAME CUZ OF THINGS LIKE MYSPACE NO GAME AT ALL GOING TO THE CLUB AND ASKING FOR A MYSPACE OR FACE BOOK IS
smh.gif

GUYS ARE NOT PLAYING ENOUGH BALL ONLINE GAMING MAKING US FAT
smh.gif

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO LEAVE A CRIB IF YOU HAVE INTERNET YOU CAN ORDER ANYTHING FORM CANDY TO A STRIPPER
smh.gif

IM BORN IN 89 BY THE WAY
Oh now it's a game?
laugh.gif

No self esteem? How do you guys know these new kids soo well?? It shocks me
eek.gif

We're all not trying to holla at random myspace skeezers

Originally Posted by illmatic34

/thread

No disrespect to 80's babies, but every generation is different and that's just how it is. Like that one guy in here said, 70's babies said the same thing about you guys, and I'm already saying the same things about 00's babies, so get used to it.

naw homie ... the advancements in technology for anyone born past ill say '90 to be safe isnt comparable ... yeah we may have had cds instead of tapes, butthese kids have had all their music on their ipods and computers for their lives ... these kids have been texting since they were 12 ... you got newborn babieswith facebook pages ... you got mothers posting sonogram pics of their stomachs ... NOTHING is private anymore ... between twitter and facebook and cell phonetechnology, gps etc... etc... its a damn shame ...

i want to delete my facebook page but how will i talk to all of my old friends? do i need to talk to my old friends? if i never comment on the statuses ofpeople will i just be forgotten? how will i know about partys and such?

theres no turning back ... its up to the parents to limit the exposure of their kids and protect whatever innocence they have ... i know im going to

those were the days, saturday morning cartoons were the best, arcades were everywere even in a mom and pop shop, you had cool educational programs that werefun like bill nye the science guy(seattle represent) you never were interupted by a cell phone if you are kickin it wit a girl, movie theaters didnt havestupid tv commercials and ads like they do now, a spiderman movie was a wet dream of yours, bobby brown was the $+*, a candy bar was like 50 cents, and if youhad to research you actually had to go to a library...........actually i really dont miss that part.

Memories though....

The TV shows
Massive manhunt games all throughout South Brooklyn with my cousin and his boys
Tackle football on the block
Basketball with a ball and a milk carton
Chillin on my boys roof in the summer throwing water balloons at people
Water fights in the park
Summer BBQ's in prospect park
BB gun/Paintball in Upstate
Roasting, cyphering, drawing cartoons in lunch time
Epic snowball fights in ****r park
Taking the bus/hoppin the turnstile to beat the heat and just chilling in random places
3 way phone calls/conference calls with your whole crew
Tagging random @%#! and looking out for the cops
Fully tagged and grimey looking subway carts
When @%#! would get settled with a good old 1 on 1
The sunset park basketball summer league
Chillin on overpasses and throwing @%#! over at cars (SMH but
pimp.gif
memories)
Good music being played on the radio
Borrowing your boys CD's/Games because you couldn't download @%#!
NBA on NBC theme song came on and everyone getting super hype
Not doing @%#! in school and just playing pranks waiting to go out and play ball
Going to school at 6-7AM just to play ball and not even going inside till 2nd or 3rd period
Buying those quarter drinks and a bag of chips or a 1.25 pizza

I can go on forever... good times man... good times.

All these things you're saying, we also never had growing up. Our childhood consisted of almost the same things as your childhood. These new technologystuff, they came out when the EARLY 90's babies were already young adults. Which is not childhood.

If you're going to say kids don't have childhood anymore, say it to the kids right now who have iPhones and blackberry's at the age of 10.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

All these things you're saying, we also never had growing up. Our childhood consisted of almost the same things as your childhood. These new technology stuff, they came out when the EARLY 90's babies were already young adults. Which is not childhood.

There's a lot of generalizing going on in here. I was born in 92, and I can't name one person who does nothing but play video games and/or go onfacebook all day.
I don't know why people our calling our generation anti-social, because I see nothing like that. I mean, there's a lot of 12 and younger year old'sin my neighborhood, and they're outside all day after school. They go to the park and play, or ride bikes and do whatever else. Fat kids and anti-socialkids are the results of bad parenting, not technology. No parent should let their kid stay inside all day, or let them eat nothing but sweets. I don't seeanything wrong with our generation, we just have different fads than you 80s babies, and you seem to look at them with negativity just because they'redifferent than what you grew up on. (I wasn't talking to you OP, I understand what you're saying)

This is what I mean about the generalizing-
Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

the vast majority of kids now are anti social weirdos
There's no truth to this whatsoever.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I don't get this at all. How do the new kids have no hope when we have more technology at our disposal to do/experience a lot more? And it's only getting better. Yall act like kids today still don't go out and play outside
laugh.gif

Don't forget climbing the fence and going to get the ball from teh neighbors??? are you serious? What, we have teleporters today that can transport us from here to there?

I know you can still do all the same stuff, but we had no choice. I mean, all this technology enriches us in many ways, but making things easier isn'talways a good thing, especially for kids growing up.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We knew how to draw. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets.We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I use to go through books in Texas to get some of that pizza. In Texas it was called either the Read It or Book It program, I forgot. Still rememberhow my first personal pepperoni from Pizza Hut tasted. I really got to grew during the 80's and 90's. My brother and I got our first Bulls starterjacket that cost 250.00 a piece. Damn my mom and dad sacrificed for me. Staying in Texas till 10years old, man it was so cool growing up in the countryside. Igot to swim, learn how to ride bikes to get slim jims, and messed with ant piles and have them get angry. Born in 79 on the day NT was born .
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.And watching Jordan was a privilege. I still remember that upand under move against the Lakers like it was yesterday. Imagine watching Iverson in that year where he took Philly to the Finals, Jordan was like that andmore, in every game giving 100%.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

I was born in 1990 and ive been through all of that
cosign... the "generation" cutoff shouldn't be '88... it should be more around '91 or so.

born in 1990 right here... as far as i know SNICK, Saturday morning cartoons, NBA on NBC, etc were all still popping when i was growing up.

i know i have a pic in one of our photo albums of me rocking the Raiders jacket, matching Starter cap, sweatpants, and those light-up sneakers that i begged mymom for. (actually still have the sneakers in the garage, lost the jacket as Six Flags though
smh.gif
)

and i don't usually get on the soapbox against some of the younger generation, but some of the kids born just 3-4 years after me are SO completelyignorant. it's not all 90s babies, its like the kids who were born in 1993/1994 on.

Back
Top Bottom