The last children by Truthgetsbusy

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets. We knew how to draw. We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.

that right there shuts down anything you 90s babies can come up with...lol

i was a huge tomboy so i wanted the Panthers joint so bad...had to settle for an Indians joint cuz that was the only one in my size and i knew if i didn't get one then i would never get one...

1ebel0.jpg

only pic i have of the jacket even though you cant see it...
pimp.gif
i loved that thing
frown.gif

90s R&B is ****t on anything out now...i'm just glad i was around for it
pimp.gif

Horrible @%$ sidekick pic.

I can't find the Dallas one.

laugh.gif
Excellent post my dude.

And its all real. I mean, call of duty? nah, we wanted to have some fun we went outside and had rock fights.... ROCKfights. I busted a dudes head wide open from about 125 feet. HEADSHOT.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Originally Posted by illmatic34

/thread

No disrespect to 80's babies, but every generation is different and that's just how it is. Like that one guy in here said, 70's babies said the same thing about you guys, and I'm already saying the same things about 00's babies, so get used to it.

naw homie ... the advancements in technology for anyone born past ill say '90 to be safe isnt comparable ... yeah we may have had cds instead of tapes, but these kids have had all their music on their ipods and computers for their lives ... these kids have been texting since they were 12 ... you got newborn babies with facebook pages ... you got mothers posting sonogram pics of their stomachs ... NOTHING is private anymore ... between twitter and facebook and cell phone technology, gps etc... etc... its a damn shame ...

i want to delete my facebook page but how will i talk to all of my old friends? do i need to talk to my old friends? if i never comment on the statuses of people will i just be forgotten? how will i know about partys and such?

theres no turning back ... its up to the parents to limit the exposure of their kids and protect whatever innocence they have ... i know im going to

I really was thinking about deleting my facebook the other day but I thought about how much I use it for parties and talking to people whodon't live anywhere near me...It really is a double edged sword because it really lets you know everything but also makes everything about you known. Good but *#!+!%+ creepy.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

All these things you're saying, we also never had growing up. Our childhood consisted of almost the same things as your childhood. These new technology stuff, they came out when the EARLY 90's babies were already young adults. Which is not childhood.

If you're going to say kids don't have childhood anymore, say it to the kids right now who have iPhones and blackberry's at the age of 10.
Co-sign. I was born in 92 and growing up, we didnt rely on technology. We would still go outside play football in the street, basketball, hideand seek and actually go out and do things with our friends. But maybe it was just me cause we had alot of kids on the block back then so I can only speak formyself. Point is technology didnt have a huge impact on my childhood. Hell, we didnt even get internet until I was 11
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nati P

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets. We knew how to draw. We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.

i was a huge tomboy so i wanted the Panthers joint so bad...had to settle for an Indians joint cuz that was the only one in my size and i knew if i didn't get one then i would never get one...

1ebel0.jpg

pimp.gif
i loved that thing
frown.gif

pimp.gif

Now I dont have no beef with you homey...but you took this on your SIDEKICK.
laugh.gif

i knew/know nothing about sports...i just wanted Panthers cuz it was blk/blue

but they didn't have my size so i knew if i didn't get one that day i would never get one...took me a min to even convince them to let me get one...

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by Nati P

Im not done.......

1ebel0.jpg

pimp.gif
i loved that thing
frown.gif

pimp.gif

Now I dont have no beef with you homey...but you took this on your SIDEKICK.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
True. First time on my own plan 2 years ago. Touch Pro 2comin soon
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We knew how to draw. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets.We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I use to go through books in Texas to get some of that pizza. In Texas it was called either the Read It or Book It program, I forgot. Still remember how my first personal pepperoni from Pizza Hut tasted. I really got to grew during the 80's and 90's. My brother and I got our first Bulls starter jacket that cost 250.00 a piece. Damn my mom and dad sacrificed for me. Staying in Texas till 10years old, man it was so cool growing up in the countryside. I got to swim, learn how to ride bikes to get slim jims, and messed with ant piles and have them get angry. Born in 79 on the day NT was born .
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.And watching Jordan was a privilege. I still remember that up and under move against the Lakers like it was yesterday. Imagine watching Iverson in that year where he took Philly to the Finals, Jordan was like that and more, in every game giving 100%.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

85' Baby
man we had,
Read to Succeed
Scruff McGruff Chicago, Illinois 60652
Those scholastic magazines you get from class to order different books being released
eek.gif
newest goosebumps
number munchers EEK!!
Saturday morning cartoons were beyond
pimp.gif

having to wait till Christmas or your birthday for that special gift you wanted
cassette tapes
laugh.gif

you friend living 5min away driving but don't u DARE venture out the neighborhood
laugh.gif

epic days of all your friends in the neighborhood being outside at once(it was rare because sometimes 2 or 3 would be out and everyone else inside or introuble) having a blast and not causing ANY trouble, just chillin
smokin.gif

....man.....I miss childhood
frown.gif

lazy generation
smh.gif

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.

I agree with most, but you didn't see michael jackson when he was black..no possible way, you were a toddler when he turned white

Word.

(I was born in 81)

Just the other day I was telling my friend whom I have known since 3rd grade (We are 28 now) that since our generation, I have not seen 1 neighborhood footballgame going on. We used to ride to 10-12 different houses, knocking just to see if they were there and wanted to get a game started. Rain, sleet, snow.

Now, I look at my 8 y/o nephew and just SMFH. This dud has 0 friends. That's right, 0. He sits at home ALL DAY playing DS Pokemon crap and Wii. Can'teven get his #+% to go outside! He is already becoming overweight and every time we go somewhere as a family, he cries, whines, and takes his DS withhim...Pitiful..

Sure, we would get down in some TSB for a few hours, but after that, it was to the bikes, basketballs, footballs, prank calls, knocking and running, swimming,etc...Kids these day play them games and stay on the internet 10-12 hours a day...

Oregon trail!! Hell yeah I remember that. "You have died from cholera. Game over."
roll.gif

Hell, I'm so old, I remember "Build a dinosaur" on those old #+% Tandy computers. Computers back then were like finding treasure. We hadto go on field trips to play on a computer!!! I didn't have computers in school until I hit HS and it was dial up. Took the entire 50 minute classto look up 8 things...Now, kids get right on the internet and get all the answers.
smh.gif
Hell, they even do it right in class on their phones...

EDIT - I'm about to go download Oregon trail AND Hot dog stand...FTW

Put the video games aside, we had things like these: CLICK
(They have the name and description for all 233 of them, lol.)

Born in '87, but meh. I mean the generations before us would be saying the same things about us having TV, VHS, computer/video games, arcades, etc. I getthe point but at the same time, my grandpa comes around saying he was the one part of the "last children"

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We knew how to draw. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets.We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I use to go through books in Texas to get some of that pizza. In Texas it was called either the Read It or Book It program, I forgot. Still remember how my first personal pepperoni from Pizza Hut tasted. I really got to grew during the 80's and 90's. My brother and I got our first Bulls starter jacket that cost 250.00 a piece. Damn my mom and dad sacrificed for me. Staying in Texas till 10years old, man it was so cool growing up in the countryside. I got to swim, learn how to ride bikes to get slim jims, and messed with ant piles and have them get angry. Born in 79 on the day NT was born .
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.And watching Jordan was a privilege. I still remember that up and under move against the Lakers like it was yesterday. Imagine watching Iverson in that year where he took Philly to the Finals, Jordan was like that and more, in every game giving 100%.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

85' Baby
man we had,
Read to Succeed
Scruff McGruff Chicago, Illinois 60652
Those scholastic magazines you get from class to order different books being released
eek.gif
newest goosebumps
number munchers EEK!!
Saturday morning cartoons were beyond
pimp.gif

having to wait till Christmas or your birthday for that special gift you wanted
cassette tapes
laugh.gif

you friend living 5min away driving but don't u DARE venture out the neighborhood
laugh.gif

epic days of all your friends in the neighborhood being outside at once(it was rare because sometimes 2 or 3 would be out and everyone else inside or in trouble) having a blast and not causing ANY trouble, just chillin
smokin.gif

....man.....I miss childhood
frown.gif

lazy generation
smh.gif
damn my dude, i can't even describe how many memories that post brought back.
laugh.gif

like i said, i was born in the 90s but i remember all of that stuff.

Scruff McGruff lmao
roll.gif

and those scholastic magazines... man oh man... every couple weeks the books would come in, and if you ordered a book the teacher would call you to the frontto go pick it up. i remember always being salty when i saw dudes walking back to their seats with the new Goosebumps
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and we had our own epic day back in the summer of '96 or '97.. one day EVERYBODY in our neighborhood came down to our street.. i lie to you not, atleast 20-30 kids rolled up on bicycles and just started riding around. we set up crappy ramps and did tricks until we busted our %%@%*.. then we had a big +$#water ballon fight. and my friends mom passed out freezer pops and the juice that came in those fat bottles (the ones where you had to poke a hole in the lidto drink them).. best day of my life
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I mean these kids have all this technology that can keep them busy, but I think it also has to do with the parents needing to step in, and give these kids anoption too . Some parents I know just let the kids stay in their room, and stay online all day with no interaction with the family. It's like some parentsare letting these machines and technology take care of their own kids, and there is no meaningful dialogue. When the kids become antisocial, then you wonderwhy?

Back
Top Bottom