"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Isiah Thomas and the other Pistons who walked off court and didn't shake hands are suckers for that. I can't believe he's still trying to defend that.

I've played games before, hard games, talking trash on the court, but at the end always shook everyone's hands.

It's a sign of Respect between ballers, and shows the love for the game.

Horace Grant had it right "straight up pitches"

Am I the only one that liked that the Pistons walked off the court?

I love villainy, it was the perfect villain, Ric Flair cowardly heeel thing to do. It was perfectly in keeping with their persona and a perfect end to their run as champs.

you gotta embrace it thou.. lean in on what you’re doing.. be honest about it

Like he’s trying compare it to the Celtics.. difference with the Celtics, they were on the road.. back then the home crowds would storm the court so that’s usually why teams would do it

but pistons were at home

Like he’s trying compare it to the Celtics.. difference with the Celtics, they were on the road.. back then the home crowds would storm the court so that’s usually why teams would do it

but pistons were at home

However you wanna twist it. The Celtics indeed walked off the court :lol:

I really don’t see the big deal with it. There must be more to this the public doesn’t know about.

Also funny hearing mike of all people call someone an *******

I'm not mad at the bad boys for being bad boys.

You can see Zeke doing the media rounds today backtracking on his stance. Zeke has always tried to come off as genuine, smiling, lovable guy so I get why he is trying to protect his image and place in history.

I also respect Laimbeer for keeping it real. He didn't regret it then and he doesn't know. It wasn't the greatest example of sportsmanship but they remained true to who they were plus they felt disrespected because between Game 3 and Game 4 MJ came out and publicly said they (the Pistons) were bad for basketball, bullies and not worthy of being champions. Revisionists history, maybe they would do it different now but at the time I could see why they did it then.

but pistons were at home
Well Isiah is just a insincere fake politician type guy so I expect nothing less than him than spin and disassembling. :lol:

Honestly Isiah fakeness also adds to the villainy...

they were obviously dirty and vicious on the court, but they were led by the most insincere, fake smile, smarmy politician,

who would smile in your face while Mahorn and Lambeir were trying to rupture your Achilles.

They are perfect sports villains. :lol:

Zeke and Mike's 'beef' goes all the way back to Mike's first all star where he believed that he was froze out of the game by a group that included Zeke. Zeke and Magic were at one point and time best friends and as Mike's stardom began to rise Zeke became jealous of how much time Magic was spending with Mike. Zeke was also left out of Magic's annual charity game because he believed that Jordan had told Magic he would only show up if Zeke was not participating. Then you add into the fact that Zeke was born and raised in Chicago and always felt jealousy how the city he grew up in never really loved or appreciated him like they did for Jordan.

A lot of what Jordan will say about the Bad Boys is mostly about Isiah.

Then you add into the fact that Zeke was born and raised in Chicago and always felt jealousy how the city he grew up in never really loved or appreciated him like they did for Jordan.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis seymore cake seymore cake

But this was because Zeke played for the Pistons. He got PLENTY of love from the city before that point right?

Zeke and Mike's 'beef' goes all the way back to Mike's first all star where he believed that he was froze out of the game by a group that included Zeke. Zeke and Magic were at one point and time best friends and as Mike's stardom began to rise Zeke became jealous of how much time Magic was spending with Mike. Zeke was also left out of Magic's annual charity game because he believed that Jordan had told Magic he would only show up if Zeke was not participating. Then you add into the fact that Zeke was born and raised in Chicago and always felt jealousy how the city he grew up in never really loved or appreciated him like they did for Jordan.

all this
isiah not having a gold medal is the only thing missing on his resume and it killed him when he was left off the team
mike always held that grudge and would stick it to him every chance he had

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis seymore cake seymore cake

But this was because Zeke played for the Pistons. He got PLENTY of love from the city before that point right?

I'm sure he did when he was in high school and probably early on in his career but the moment MJ joined the Bulls the city never really widely embraced him after that. Not only did they not embrace him they mostly hated him. Isiah was a hell of a player but all people really remember him now is for his involvement with the Bad Boys (mostly negative) and his time with the Knicks (also negative).

Bill Russell said, Paxson/Kerr wouldn't be good enough to make the the NBA had they played in his (BR) era because slots were not as available.

Therefore, BR is saying MJ's teammates were not as good as BR's teammates because during MJ's time, the ENTIRE league was watered down due to the # of teams/players.

Let's take what BR said/implied as facts (to make things easier because there are definitely flaws): how does that help his case that in his era, it was harder to win championships though? Had to face tougher opponents (limited roster slots)? weren't his teammates a lot more talented?

all this
isiah not having a gold medal is the only thing missing on his resume and it killed him when he was left off the team
mike always held that grudge and would stick it to him every chance he had
ic:
"Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics,"(Magic) Johnson said in the book, per the AP. "Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... I'm sad for Isiah. He has alienated so many people in his life, and he still doesn't get it. He doesn't understand why he wasn't chosen for that Olympic team and that's really too bad. You should be aware when you've ticked off more than half of the NBA."

Let's take what BR said/implied as facts (to make things easier because there are definitely flaws): how does that help his case that in his era, it was harder to win championships though? Had to face tougher opponents (limited roster slots)? weren't his teammates a lot more talented? What about the argument of the probability of winning a ring is easier when there are only 8 teams opposed to 28-30?
Ok.

Backtrack for a second.

When Pro Sports Leagues Expand, talent that wasn't previously "good enough" to make the league are now able to play due to the number of available slots.

So as a league, the level of talent DECREASES as the number of players INCREASE.

Before we go further do you accept this as a reality?

I remember the game. No one was expecting a sweep. They didn't touch on that part much. It was clear Chicago was far superior. I remember them walking off and everyone was irate about it. While it was something the Bad Boys would do, their legacy would have been held in higher esteem if they shook hands. Shaking hands doesn't take away what they did and won. It wasn't everyone. You can see Dumars and Salley stop and chat with the Bulls.

Many of you are younger, that was right when the MJ train was really moving at full steam. And MJ knew who he was and what he meant to to the NBA. And so did everyone else part of that money train.

Marv said "I don't think they should do that"

Ok.

Backtrack for a second.

When Pro Sports Leagues Expand, talent that wasn't previously "good enough" to make the league are now able to play due to the number of available slots.

So as a league, the level of talent DECREASES as the number of players INCREASE.

Before we go further do you accept this as a reality?

if you just look at it from a short time horizon, you are correct.

if you just look at it from a short time horizon, you are correct.
I feel BR is saying during his time, the concentration of players in the league was higher than the 90s due to the 90s allowing for MORE players in the league. (Of course Time Relative, not an absolute comparison of talent).

Thoughts on that?

Also, let me just say, I think it is stupid to compare which era is harder to win in. There is no way to measure it.

But I am just entertaining the argument between the two.

I feel BR is saying during his time, the concentration of players in the league was higher than the 90s due to the 90s allowing for MORE players in the league. (Of course Time Relative, not an absolute comparison of talent).

Thoughts on that?

Also, let me just say, I think it is stupid to compare which era is harder to win in. There is no way to measure it.

But I am just entertaining the argument between the two.

Some of the potential flaws I see in that argument are:
1. NBA didn't even have all the top talent in the US (ABA)
2. Globalization
3. Increased financial incentives & prestige to pursue professional basketball

Back let's just go back to BR's argument (let's ignore the potential flaws again & presume it's 100% accurate) of that it's harder to win a chip in his era of fewer teams but more concentrated talent. I get that you have more talented opponents but wouldn't that be offset with having more talented teammates? Don't you have fewer teams to worry about since there are still only 7 teams?

Some of the potential flaws I see in that argument are:
1. NBA didn't even have all the top talent in the US (ABA)
2. Globalization
3. Increased financial incentives & prestige to pursue professional basketball

Back let's just go back to BR's argument (let's ignore the potential flaws again & presume it's 100% accurate) of that it's harder to win a chip in his era of fewer teams but more concentrated talent. I get that you have more talented opponents but wouldn't that be offset with having more talented teammates? Don't you have fewer teams to worry about since there are still only 7 teams?
Again, just a reminder, I am not arguing for/against BR. Just trying to explain where he is coming from.

I am sure he didn't think it that deeply in terms of the "off-set."

But the "off-set" could exist but it could also make it harder to win since the assumption that there was more parity in the league at the time. (On the surface we can say it wasn't since his teams were able to win as much but looking at the rest of the league would be interesting.)

Back
Top Bottom