"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

But it’s not like the portrayal was inaccurate. PIP got to talk about his family and how he was underpaid. It covered the migraine game and the quit game, but also showcased how he G’d up against Utah in game 6 with an injured back.

And Luc was barely in it and did his own special telling his story from his perspective. And MJ went out there to be interviewed for Luc’s doc.

Not to mention, every possible negative thing regarding Mike was covered. The gambling, not being political, being harsh on teammates, not trusting teammates in games.

These boys weak for this…

Exactly. Wild to think somehow the supporting cast should be the main cast for the documentary.

lol

MJ was the executive producer so it was definitely skewed. They showed just enough bad stuff to make it look fair - but there’s no way that half of the stories were true.

The one that jumped out to me was the pizza in the Finals - if someone had poisoned him the night before a game the FBI would have been involved and everything - some family owned pizza joint wouldn’t get away with that.

Just more nonsense to cover up the fact that he was hung over.

you really believed that? :lol:
He probably gambled the proceeds!!

We all know MJ is petty, holds onto grudges, etc. I think the only new thing we learned was his obsessive competitive spirit which is probably as he got older allowed him to portray his valued teammates like that. Warranted or not.

I remember my ex getting angry about the Scottie contract issue. She values loyalty a lot. But we can’t front and say there wasn’t a migraine game, he chose to get his surgery in his last Bulls season during the season or he was trying to secure the bag by signing that contract.

People get food poisoning all time though. FBI not gonna care about that :lol: I’m just saying.

Yeah, but it was more the story of a whole crowd coming to the door and yukking it up as they gave him the pizza that was supposed to be some sort of conspiracy that was the crazy part.

MJ was the executive producer so it was definitely skewed. They showed just enough bad stuff to make it look fair - but there’s no way that half of the stories were true.

The one that jumped out to me was the pizza in the Finals - if someone had poisoned him the night before a game the FBI would have been involved and everything - some family owned pizza joint wouldn’t get away with that.

Just more nonsense to cover up the fact that he was hung over.
If things were not true why haven’t they just said that he was lying?

And you must be young or something because they talked about the pizza DURING THE GAME. Jim Gray had a mini court side segment on it.

If things were not true why haven’t they just said that he was lying?

And you must be young or something because they talked about the pizza DURING THE GAME. Jim Gray had a mini court side segment on it.

Young? :rofl:

Anyway, yes, they talked about it - even then they were media managing the whole thing. I love MJ as much as the rest of us but if you think all the stuff shown on TV was true then I don’t know what to tell you.

Have a rewatch of those early NBA videos (I can lend you my VHSs if you want?) and it makes uncomfortable viewing. It’s not particularly different from watching stuff about Lance Armstrong from the late 90s - all nonsense and with hindsight especially so.

Young? :rofl:

Anyway, yes, they talked about it - even then they were media managing the whole thing. I love MJ as much as the rest of us but if you think all the stuff shown on TV was true then I don’t know what to tell you.

Have a rewatch of those early NBA videos (I can lend you my VHSs if you want?) and it makes uncomfortable viewing. It’s not particularly different from watching stuff about Lance Armstrong from the late 90s - all nonsense and with hindsight especially so.
My point was, if they made it up, they did it in 1997, not 2020.

Anyway, more evidence that Scottie is just being salty…

seriously man, I got food poisoned almost a decade ago. there was no FBI involvement and they won't give a "F" about that. I also work at emergency and saw patients that had cases of food poisoning. again no cops involved. if you want someone to get involved, it would be the lawyers. anyways, as far as how food poisoning works, it's no laughing matter and very serious. you can end up dying if no medical interventions are made.

Yeah, but it was more the story of a whole crowd coming to the door and yukking it up as they gave him the pizza that was supposed to be some sort of conspiracy that was the crazy part.
I watched the FLU game multiple times. and what I can say with regards to the symptoms that Jordan was having during that game was pretty much indicative of food poisoning. if Jordan was faking, that would be the best performance Jordan have as far as acting goes.

I think the point about the flu game comment earlier is Nike, ESPN, the Last dance doc making the narrative one way.
Versus:
Players who were there and not on the pay roll saying MJ stayed up all night with friends/bulls staff drinking, smoking cigars, hanging out, and was extremely hung over and dehydrated.

It’s like they are nervous at any narrative that might get them out of the Circle of trust😂

I guarantee Pippen has a more interesting take on the Flu game that might be more closer to reality of what was going on.

Steve Kerr can’t even explain getting punched in the face in full perspective

Yeah, no-one is saying MJ wasn’t sick - I’m just saying that he wasn’t poisoned by some Utah mafia as they seemed to be making out.

I’m not saying that the games were rigged either - but I have a hard time watching those old games with the original commentary now because it’s so clearly spinning a narrative.

Then why not get Scott, Scottie, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, etc to discuss the Bulls dynasty their own documentary?
They don’t have that executive producer money. All you need is a decent promoter to throw together a quick tour.

Use your YouTube videos all you want. As a person, everyone has their own opinions, Bron over MJ. You can go stat wise or longevity. Jordan great but if we going era wise, give me Bron. Only thing you can argue is defense.

Back
Top Bottom