THE LAST HOME GAME IN NEW JERSEY - LETS GO NETS

dwill.png

its a shame as a fan of the Nets that im not in this thread as much as i should be
30t6p3b.gif

but that boi DWill is easily becoming one of my favorite players right now

if we get D12 then we'd be in a good position

Farmar!! What a game... glad we were able to hold on, it was getting ugly. Love seeing Blake and Hump go at it.

Farmar
790352e345006a66aed749dee7f2a5e4bdcec54.gif
790352e345006a66aed749dee7f2a5e4bdcec54.gif

Clippers had a nice comeback... Glad we were able to close this one out. Another good win against a good team.

We won? And it was at home??
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Dumbo had perfect form on that game-winner. It seems like Blake and Hump always fight each other lol

here are some pics I took last night.

14cvdjp.jpg

2gv0b2t.jpg

2dm6ucn.jpg

35a98va.jpg

b8wi76.jpg
- there you go krazy and JB 23. God I hate him

2z59bw9.jpg

Missed on Dwight Howard and landed on Gerald Wallace. Meh. He definitely fills a need we've needed for a long time but I dunno about a top 3 protected pick. However, Billy King has made smart, calculated moves and risks since he's been here.

I like the Wallace deal... We're letting go of two players that haven't done much for us & Wallace brings scoring, rebounding, & D. I like the rotation we have at the 3 now.

Ok, maybe it is just me but this deal is horrible, That draft pick is the main reason. How the hell do you protect a pick 1-3 for a trade like that?????? I am sorry I understand we get better at the three but I am done with the Dwight ship. If I find out the main reason this trade was done was because of the deal in the summer where they wanted Wallace, I ll go insane. (I also heard it was going to be that trade if Dwight said he will be a free agent.)

If the nets some how get into the playoffs, Fine. But if this team does not and have the 4th or 5th pick, then this trade was for nothing. You guys need to see the Jamison trade that cleveland did for Lebron. that is this deal.

He is a good player, but the circumstances do not help how the trade went down.

Farmar is sounding like he's done for the year.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

So, that will be Shawne Williams & Mehmet Okur (even tho they're traded), Damion James, Keith Bogans, Brook Lopez and possibly Jordan Farmar done for the season.

Game shouldn't have went to OT. Hudson is beasting right now, but so is Gerald Green.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Ok, maybe it is just me but this deal is horrible, That draft pick is the main reason. How the hell do you protect a pick 1-3 for a trade like that?????? I am sorry I understand we get better at the three but I am done with the Dwight ship. If I find out the main reason this trade was done was because of the deal in the summer where they wanted Wallace, I ll go insane. (I also heard it was going to be that trade if Dwight said he will be a free agent.)

If the nets some how get into the playoffs, Fine. But if this team does not and have the 4th or 5th pick, then this trade was for nothing. You guys need to see the Jamison trade that cleveland did for Lebron. that is this deal.

He is a good player, but the circumstances do not help how the trade went down.

I'm not thrilled about the deal but honestly, if we don't get MKG or Davis, I don't care much about the pick anyway. I don't think anyone else in the draft helps out much now or in the future. I also love Gerald Wallace and really hope he stays next year. He's an awesome two-way player and has really made a difference this year even though we have no Brook. 

Yes it is long and I could give two you know what about people coming in a saying "Didn't read" or anything negative on the franchise.

Since 14 years old and in High School I have been going on a consistent basis to New Jersey Nets Basketball games (Since everyone was able to go) I went with my father most of the time and I had a blast. I know I was one of the lucky ones to be able to go as much as I did Whether or not the local perspective is "Its the New Jersey Nets", they were still something to do and a great place to see all the best teams play.

I was lucky enough for a good 10 YEARS to see excellent basketball. Not many people can say that they were at a deciding game where Reggie Miller (The shot was not good and hence why we have replay now but still) ties a game in the last seconds to go to overtime and then DUNK the ball in for a second overtime. I went to two straight NBA Finals series (I was there for every playoff game the Jason Kidd Nets ever played in). Yeah, I was the dumb one to have Season Tickets, but there was other dumb ones as well. And some great people came into my life due to this. And some rather interesting ones as well lol. Throughout all the games and all the bad. I was never ashamed to be a fan of this team here. The Triple OT game with Phoenix where you got to see two of the greatest PG's put on a show. Vince Carter's debut. Devin Harris' debut (Very under the radar for first game with new team games.)

The downs go unnoticed as well though. "All Alone 33", "TRADE ME PLEASE", Michael Ray Richardson, Dr. J. the Kidd Trade just to name a few. I have grown to understand the franchise on a whole. Cause even when this team was relevant, they really weren't.........

Yes I know they are only going to Brooklyn but everyone knows what comes with moving to the city. The Nets Organization themselves has made tonight's game not sad or bittersweet but Unfortunate. The fact that they will be leaving a lot a fans in the dust due to pricing and location really is wrong on their part. So for the last time in a while I will be going to a Professional Basketball game....... With the same group of people I have been with for all these years and game one when I was sitting in the upper deck of the Izod Center......

Good post VC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, it's kinda sad, but this has in the works for close to a decade. The Nets have a fanbase, it's small but loyal and diehard. For decades we've been playing in the suburbs and the only pro team playing in the suburbs, which definitely hurt our popularity and attendance. All of the stuff mentioned is why they're leaving. When they had a good team, they were in bad location in the Meadowlands. When they had bad team, they had a good location in Newark. Hopefully, this nomadic team can find place to call home in Brooklyn.

Aye, solid read sir.

I'll def be going to your games now (especially Knicks
tongue.gif
) but yea this move is going to be lateral imo. The only positive I can really see out of moving here is attendance growth, now them gaining a more dense fanbase remains to be seen.

Maybe not right now since I am still in the F the franchise, I hope Brett Yormark trips into some acid mode with the ticket invoices we all got but I think once the game starts, it will hit me that I will be a casual fan once again.....

I am prepared for the halftime festivities if Mr. Yormark speaks. I may not be allowed to stay for the second half/STH autograph signing. hahaha

There's still the $15-25 section for us VC
laugh.gif
They said they won't be raising the prices on those

Just looking at some of the Nets draft picks with co-workers.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't even know where to begin honestly...

Yeah, So now I am forced back up stairs again. (Not that there is anything wrong with those but once you sit downstairs EVERY GAME, it is not an easy transition)

If they told me 55, I would of done it. I knew I was not getting them for 19.00, but for 11,000 for my two??????? LETS GO DEVILS is now my rally cry. lol. I rather see the Knicks than sit at that price with that squad sadly.

It was the whole fact that if anyone said they wanted Season Tickets for the first time that they got the same price I did. I remained with this team when they gutted it once with Kidd, Once when they traded Kidd, and now. And the thanks I get is to be told their is no Loyalty going into Brooklyn???? But Brett wants us fans their in Brooklyn. If I see his brother too tonight I am going to say that the Devils are heading back to Florida for game 7. No one in his family is safe from my wrath tonight. hahahaha.

eek.gif
at this thread getting bumped
roll.gif
I wonder what page this was on
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, tonight is gonna be real tough... I've been a Nets fan for as long as I can remember & going to games on a consistant basis has always been big. I can't even say how many big moments, memories, & overall great times were experienced at Nets games. Izod Center was my second home for years
laugh.gif

Even though this move has been in the works for awhile, having this team in New Jersey held a lot of meaning. From Continental Airlines Arena, to Izod Center, to the Prudential Center, its all been a nice ride (Even through the tough times). The Nets will still be my team, but man it hurts to see them leave.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Just looking at some of the Nets draft picks with co-workers.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't even know where to begin honestly...

Funny thing is, they all had potential. Wright could have been solid off the bench. Marcus Williams showed flashes at PG. Terrence Williams had great athleticism, court vision, & passing. & Sean WIlliams was a good shot blocker, rebounder, & had good athleticism. We just ended up with some bad luck & immaturity on their ends.
ohwell.gif

If they told me 55, I would of done it. I knew I was not getting them for 19.00, but for 11,000 for my two??????? LETS GO DEVILS is now my rally cry. lol. I rather see the Knicks than sit at that price with that squad sadly.

sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom