The Law of Attraction

So my brother just finished reading The Secret and he recommends I read it as well. For those who don't know the law of attraction in a nutshell says that you can attract pretty much anything you want in life simply by constantly thinking about it. So does anybody know about of the law of attraction and do you believe it works? I saw the book thread but wanted to make a post asking about the law of attraction. 

So my brother just finished reading The Secret and he recommends I read it as well. For those who don't know the law of attraction in a nutshell says that you can attract pretty much anything you want in life simply by constantly thinking about it. So does anybody know about of the law of attraction and do you believe it works? I saw the book thread but wanted to make a post asking about the law of attraction. 

I need to read this one myself. I would suggest Think and Grow Rich if you are looking for similar literature.

It sounds like complete malarky to me. Is there more to this 'law' because simply thinking about something hard in your mind isn't going to do anything for you.

OP, do you believe that the law works?

It sounds like complete malarky to me. Is there more to this 'law' because simply thinking about something hard in your mind isn't going to do anything for you.

I need to read this one myself. I would suggest Think and Grow Rich if you are looking for similar literature.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Well... there's the book.

Well... there's the book.

Not really. The idea of willing things to you seems a bitfluke to me. My brother says he kind of believes it but hasn’t actually triedgetting anything with it. From what I know though you have to actually believethat the things you want to happen will actually happen with absolute faith.  I was asking cause I don’t wanna waste my timereading a book that is bogus. I saw that some  nters had actually read the book so I thought Ishould ask. 

Not really. The idea of willing things to you seems a bitfluke to me. My brother says he kind of believes it but hasn’t actually triedgetting anything with it. From what I know though you have to actually believethat the things you want to happen will actually happen with absolute faith.  I was asking cause I don’t wanna waste my timereading a book that is bogus. I saw that some  nters had actually read the book so I thought Ishould ask. 

lies. i remember when i was in basic training, i thought about and wanted box all of the time. it never suddenly appeared in my wall locker or never came in the mail. that damn book is bs.

lies. i remember when i was in basic training, i thought about and wanted box all of the time. it never suddenly appeared in my wall locker or never came in the mail. that damn book is bs.

The Secret is just ancient wisdom watered down and marketed. 

You dont just sit on your $$@ and think stuff into existence. You think about something positive or negative so much eventually your brain will subconsciously direct things in your life to bring your desired outcome into existence. 

It works.

The Secret is just ancient wisdom watered down and marketed. 

You dont just sit on your $$@ and think stuff into existence. You think about something positive or negative so much eventually your brain will subconsciously direct things in your life to bring your desired outcome into existence. 

It works.

I think The Secret is complete bull.

I'd say everything in life takes confidence, if you don't have that then you've already lost half the battle.
best example is test-taking, if you come in with a better attitude, believing you will do better, odds are in your favor that you will.
by giving yourself that belief in yourself, your not going to be stressing out going into that test, freaking out which will cause you to do much worse.

I think The Secret is complete bull.

I'd say everything in life takes confidence, if you don't have that then you've already lost half the battle.
best example is test-taking, if you come in with a better attitude, believing you will do better, odds are in your favor that you will.
by giving yourself that belief in yourself, your not going to be stressing out going into that test, freaking out which will cause you to do much worse.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

*sigh* you guys are taking the statement literally.

There are many people who seem to think that the only way in which the Law of Attraction operates is when one wishes hard, strong and steady. They do not seem to realize that a strong belief is as efficacious as a strong wish. The successful man believes in himself and his ultimate success, and, paying no attention to little setbacks, stumbles, tumbles and slips, presses on eagerly to the goal, believing all the time that he will get there. His views and aims may alter as he progresses, and he may change his plans or have them changed for him, but all the time he knows in his heart that he will eventually "get there." He is not steadily wishing he may get there - he simplyfeels and believes it, and thereby sets to operation the strongest forces known in the world of thought.

There is more to this than you guys are allowing yourselves to process by shutting yourself off to the thought process before even giving it a chance. Just because you can't magically call upon 'box' doesn't mean these principles are ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom