The loss of intrest in sneakers?

When you get older, you realize money can go towards better things.

Vacation, new car, whatever.

I've slowly stopped and started selling off stuff, but I jump on deals so I'm gradually slowing down.

grin.gif

The only jordans I wear are AJ V Metallics.
I had 40+ pairs.
HUGE waste of money. SMH

The only jordans I wear are AJ V Metallics.
I had 40+ pairs.
HUGE waste of money. SMH

I haven't lost the interest in shoes, just don't have the same perception I did a couple of years back. There's many other things worth spending money on, than blowing 200-300+ on a pair.

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to own a pair of Supreme lows.
pimp.gif

I haven't lost the interest in shoes, just don't have the same perception I did a couple of years back. There's many other things worth spending money on, than blowing 200-300+ on a pair.

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to own a pair of Supreme lows.
pimp.gif

i did about 2 years ago. I still buy some stuff here and there but I have like 60 pairs and 50 of them are from a 2 year stretch towards the end of high school

i did about 2 years ago. I still buy some stuff here and there but I have like 60 pairs and 50 of them are from a 2 year stretch towards the end of high school

I still have love for kicks and wish I could buy anything and everything.

However, market is flooded right now, it's crazy how Nike dictates the LeBron market.  I'm not mad, resellers need to stop buying Jordan GR's and selling for $20-30 profit when LeBron's hit crazy after market prices,
eek.gif

I can now admire shoes from a distance (online) and not have the need to buy them.  Example, the other day I peeked into the AF1 thread and saw those Denim Forces,
eek.gif
, couple days later I'm on the fence.  I really really like them, but the need to have them has certainly waned.  2-3 years ago it would've been an automatic thoughtless 2 pair pickup.

Vacations, weekend getaways, about to buy a truck, saving for a house...have all become a priority.  Nothing good about having 200-300 pairs of shoes and living at home (last count I had over 125, post in B/S forum coming soon
wink.gif
).  Even for those that make enough to move out, nothing fun about having tons of pairs and being an online legend but a real life hermit.

If you can do it all, I'm not mad at ya'.  I admire them, as I get older it's getting pointless to have so many shoes especially since most don't even go with what I wear daily (I work in an office) or casually (Never been a bball shorts and tall tee type dude).

I still have love for kicks and wish I could buy anything and everything.

However, market is flooded right now, it's crazy how Nike dictates the LeBron market.  I'm not mad, resellers need to stop buying Jordan GR's and selling for $20-30 profit when LeBron's hit crazy after market prices,
eek.gif

I can now admire shoes from a distance (online) and not have the need to buy them.  Example, the other day I peeked into the AF1 thread and saw those Denim Forces,
eek.gif
, couple days later I'm on the fence.  I really really like them, but the need to have them has certainly waned.  2-3 years ago it would've been an automatic thoughtless 2 pair pickup.

Vacations, weekend getaways, about to buy a truck, saving for a house...have all become a priority.  Nothing good about having 200-300 pairs of shoes and living at home (last count I had over 125, post in B/S forum coming soon
wink.gif
).  Even for those that make enough to move out, nothing fun about having tons of pairs and being an online legend but a real life hermit.

If you can do it all, I'm not mad at ya'.  I admire them, as I get older it's getting pointless to have so many shoes especially since most don't even go with what I wear daily (I work in an office) or casually (Never been a bball shorts and tall tee type dude).

i'v recently gained interest again but i know i dont wear them enough to justify buying them again

i'v recently gained interest again but i know i dont wear them enough to justify buying them again

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Still would like to purchase every sneaker I like that releases, but there are other priorities in life.

500 on 2-3 pairs or 3 nights on vacation ?

what kinda damn vacation are you taking thats 500 dollars for 3 nights? i understand what youre saying though. ive always loved shoes, but theyre just not high on my priority list.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Still would like to purchase every sneaker I like that releases, but there are other priorities in life.

500 on 2-3 pairs or 3 nights on vacation ?

what kinda damn vacation are you taking thats 500 dollars for 3 nights? i understand what youre saying though. ive always loved shoes, but theyre just not high on my priority list.

Back
Top Bottom