The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

this year will definitely be Detoit's year IMO with ?s at short, I feel like we can always have ramon santiago step in, or have guillen go back and putThames in left. I feel like if our rotation is healthy we can win 100+ games

Originally Posted by firered18

this year will definitely be Detoit's year IMO with ?s at short, I feel like we can always have ramon santiago step in, or have guillen go back and put Thames in left. I feel like if our rotation is healthy we can win 100+ games
just like last year?

Originally Posted by firered18

I guarantee they'll do better than cincy bub

No doubt that they should. I don't think you're going out on a limb or anything making that statement. I'm not positive that they will though.

wrong thread
laugh.gif

If Pie lives up to his potential, that's gonna be a damn talented OF in Baltimore...

Garrett Olson sucked anyways, and Williamson is a 25 YO reliever still in A ball...
sick.gif
They gave up essentially nothing for a potentially high reward... Gottalove that trade if you're an Orioles fan...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Pie lives up to his potential, that's gonna be a damn talented OF in Baltimore...

Garrett Olson sucked anyways, and Williamson is a 25 YO reliever still in A ball...
sick.gif
They gave up essentially nothing for a potentially high reward... Gotta love that trade if you're an Orioles fan...

pimp.gif

Pie, Jones, and Kakes....that has the potential to be an EXCELLENT OF for a long time...that's assuming that Markakis is extended (which he should be)....aline up of

Roberts (assuming he isn't traded)
Markakis
Mora
Huff
Jones
Wieters
Scott/Millar (hopefully not)
Pie
Izturis

that's a decent lineup...a couple more tweaks and we'll be straight from that POV....the pitching is another story
sick.gif

Man their are alot of exciting rookies that could breakout this year.

David Price
Travis Snider
Chris Davis
Matt LaPorta
Matt Wieters
Cameron Maybin
Colby Rasmus
Andrew McCutchen
Dexter Fowler

pimp.gif
Can't wait to see these kids put in some real work.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

how come we (the cubs) couldn't get roberts we got 3 pitchers for derosa...now 2 for pie...
Because Roberts has more value than just Felix Pie...

And in the DeRosa/Pie deals, the Cubs might be lucky to get one decent pitcher outta the bunch...
laugh.gif
The best pitcher they got outta those two deals is Garrett Olson...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

how come we (the cubs) couldn't get roberts we got 3 pitchers for derosa...now 2 for pie...
Because Roberts has more value than just Felix Pie...

And in the DeRosa/Pie deals, the Cubs might be lucky to get one decent pitcher outta the bunch...
laugh.gif
The best pitcher they got outta those two deals is Garrett Olson...
sick.gif
oh no i understand roberts is more valuable than pie...but im saying getting 3 pitchers for derosa and getting 2 for pie what the hell...make somebetter moves, i swear if we get make a other move and end up getting more pitchers
mad.gif
...we need 1 more infielder at least, a other bat, a lil extra pop not some arms that are going to be in triple a iowa

Pie, Jones, and Kakes....that has the potential to be an EXCELLENT OF for a long time...that's assuming that Markakis is extended (which he should be)
If they don't resign Markakis and let him walk they deserve to not have a winning season for the next 20 years.

I think the Padres want Olsen....I think the Cubs might be trying to acquire enough pieces to go after Jake Peavy blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Man their are alot of exciting rookies that could breakout this year.

David Price
Travis Snider
Chris Davis
Matt LaPorta
Matt Wieters
Cameron Maybin
Colby Rasmus
Andrew McCutchen
Dexter Fowler

pimp.gif
Can't wait to see these kids put in some real work.

Clayton Kershaw
Ramon Troncoso

I want to say Blake DeWitt, but he doesn't qualify as a rookie anymore, but I feel he is going to be very good next season. He learned on the fly lastyear.

Originally Posted by rc49ers

Watch out for Pablo Sandoval to have a big year.

Dude is either going to be Robinson Cano or Vladamir Guerrero. His walk rate is not nearly high enough for me to believe anything he does is sustainable. Arethe Padres going to trade Adrian Gonzalez or Kyle Blanks because at some point they are going to have to decide.

The Orioles have finalized a six-year, $66 million contract extension with outfielder Nick Markakis, according to baseball sources. Markakis will be in Baltimore later this week to take a routine physical and to sign the contract.

The deal, which will keep one of the organization's building blocks with the Orioles through at least the 2014 season, could also include some incentives and a limited no-trade clause. In terms of guaranteed money, it will be the second-most expensive contract in Orioles history behind only the six-year, $72 million pact given to shortstop Miguel Tejada in December 2003.

[DoubleJs] Jizzed. In. My. Pants.
embarassed.gif
[/DoubleJs]

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

DLo got the jokes today
laugh.gif

Markakis is one of the best young players in MLB...doesn't get a lot of press, cause the O's suck....he IS the best defensive RF in the AL....somepeople just get gold gloves based off of rep
smh.gif

anyways...with the addition of Pie, the O's in a short time could have one of the better OF's in the league. Athletically, they are up there with thebest...it's just a matter of time before they all figure it out.

Gotta shore up the pitching at some point.....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

DLo got the jokes today
laugh.gif

Markakis is one of the best young players in MLB...doesn't get a lot of press, cause the O's suck....he IS the best defensive RF in the AL....some people just get gold gloves based off of rep
smh.gif

anyways...with the addition of Pie, the O's in a short time could have one of the better OF's in the league. Athletically, they are up there with the best...it's just a matter of time before they all figure it out.

1. Great deal love dude's game he is like a Alex Rios who can actually take a walk.
tired.gif

2. Alex Rios is not as good with the bat but he is a better right fielder hands down, and can play center.

Statistically speaking Rios beats out Nick in just about every meaning full fielding stat.

Universal Zone Rating: (The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.)
Rios
Markakias

Plus/Minus: (The amount of plays more than the average fielder at that position)
Rios
+15
Markakias
+12

Outfield arms. (Runs prevented with arm)

Rios
Markakias

So its pretty obvious.

rios_dive_courtesy_400.jpg
>
2394603334_6e7ba47343.jpg

No shame in loosing to Alex, dude might just be the best outfielder in baseball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It looks like the Cubs are screwing the whole 3 team trade to get Peavy and getting the necessary parts to get him themselves.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

DLo got the jokes today
laugh.gif

Markakis is one of the best young players in MLB...doesn't get a lot of press, cause the O's suck....he IS the best defensive RF in the AL....some people just get gold gloves based off of rep
smh.gif

anyways...with the addition of Pie, the O's in a short time could have one of the better OF's in the league. Athletically, they are up there with the best...it's just a matter of time before they all figure it out.

1. Great deal love dude's game he is like a Alex Rios who can actually take a walk.
tired.gif

2. Alex Rios is not as good with the bat but he is a better right fielder hands down, and can play center.

Statistically speaking Rios beats out Nick in just about every meaning full fielding stat.

Universal Zone Rating: (The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.)
Rios
Markakias

Plus/Minus: (The amount of plays more than the average fielder at that position)
Rios
+15
Markakias
+12

Outfield arms. (Runs prevented with arm)

Rios
Markakias

So its pretty obvious.

rios_dive_courtesy_400.jpg
>
2394603334_6e7ba47343.jpg

No shame in loosing to Alex, dude might just be the best outfielder in baseball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Alex Rios' #'s don't even qualify him as a full-time RF'er....the #'s are going to be skewed because he played in 63 LESSgames at RF than Markakis....i'm not going to discredit Rios, cause he's a beast...but, those stats are misleading. I won't change my stance onthat Markakis is the best RF'er in the AL...

Back
Top Bottom