The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

ohwell.gif
@ the Lowe signing.

Age and injuries are killing the Braves' arms in the rotation.
i believe lowe has never done a stint on the DL in his career...someone check that for me

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ohwell.gif
@ the Lowe signing.

i believe lowe has never done a stint on the DL in his career...someone check that for me

You're right..........................................but Smoltz has
laugh.gif

Couldn't help it.

Originally Posted by Proshares

DeadsetAce wrote:

TrillipinoTrapstar wrote:

ohwell.gif
@ the Lowe signing.

laugh.gif

Couldn't help it.

roll.gif

ahem, ahhh * calms down *

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ohwell.gif
@ the Lowe signing.

laugh.gif
Still mad they missed out on Burnett.
mad.gif

BTW I heard Atlanta also finalized their deal for that Kawakami guy too.

Originally Posted by onewearz

DeadsetAce wrote:

TrillipinoTrapstar wrote:

ohwell.gif
@ the Lowe signing.

laugh.gif

Couldn't help it.

roll.gif

ahem, ahhh * calms down *
laugh.gif
whatever whatever

So I'm watching MLB Hot Stove and they showed a clip of Kerry Wood's press conference with the Tribe and Kerry goes

"I just wanna play and not worry about "other things" "

Sounds like he was talking about the Cubs Curse talk from playing in Chicago

nerd.gif

The hell is the deal with all that Mets patch talk stuff? Is that little Cesar's or something?

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

metslittle.jpg

This joint is hot fire.

roll.gif
roll.gif

the mets are absolutely pathetic, from naming their entrance after a player who has nothing to do with their franchise to naming their field after a bank thatneeded a bailout to designing their logo on a commodore 64, this franchise will always be the armpit of ny baseball......

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

metslittle.jpg

This joint is hot fire.

roll.gif
roll.gif

the mets are absolutely pathetic, from naming their entrance after a player who has nothing to do with their franchise to naming their field after a bank that needed a bailout to designing their logo on a commodore 64, this franchise will always be the armpit of ny baseball......
Madoff Mets imo

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

So I'm watching MLB Hot Stove and they showed a clip of Kerry Wood's press conference with the Tribe and Kerry goes

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

My man stringer never lets up

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is in mid season form.
laugh.gif

Maybe by "other things" Kerry meant being hurt 9 out of 10 years.
ohwell.gif
I mean, Cal Ripken he is not.

That said, I wish we woulda kept Kerry and hopefully had a turnaround with the guy so he could be a part of it, I wish him well in Cleveland.
pimp.gif

the mets are absolutely pathetic, from naming their entrance after a player who has nothing to do with their franchise to naming their field after a bank that needed a bailout to designing their logo on a commodore 64, this franchise will always be the armpit of ny baseball......

You're a sad individual.

damn bro, tell us how you really feel about the mets, no need to sugarcoat it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You're a sad individual.

awww cheer up nancy, lemme help you with that pizza patch

FF_119339_s.jpg

Tell em why you mad.
laugh.gif

Yeah the patch is dumb but I think all patches are dumb (that is the Citifield Logo after all its plain), including the Yankees one.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You're a sad individual.

awww cheer up nancy, lemme help you with that pizza patch

FF_119339_s.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2sb8tae.jpg

Anyone else besides me think the Mets have set themselves up for a major failure of a season because they have 2 good starting pitchers?

1. Santana
2. Maine
3. Pelfry
4. Redding
5. Niese/ ??

They missed out on Lowe and have given Perez a low ball offer. And now are trying to get Ben Sheets...

They sured up their bullpen but you need guys to get it there...plus they still have huge holes in the outfield and 2nd base and a liability at 1st

BA's Top 2 farm systems in baseball revealed...
Chris (Newport beach, CA): Jim, great chat as always! I was wondering when you were doing the minor league top 10's, which orginization did you have the most trouble with in terms of their top three prospects? Marlins, Braves, other??

SportsNation John Manuel: (2:25 PM ET ) Neat question that I'll answer even though I'm not Jim. The Braves was very tough -- we went back and forth between Jason Heyward and Tommy Hanson; Hanson's AFL performance and scouting reports were so loud and outsized, and he's so much closer to the majors than Heyward, that we switched at the last minute. The Rangers top list and the Marlins are also interchangeable, and to me, you could argue Mike Stanton over Cam Maybin easily for the Marlins No. 1, K rate be damned! Those kinds of things tend to happen to strong organizations, and Texas and Florida rank 1-2 in our Org Rankings in the Prospect Handbook, which is at the printers now.
Rangers and Marlins ...
pimp.gif

Pretty much been a given for awhile now that the Rangers were #1... Woulda thought the A's were #2, but outside of Brett Anderson and Trevor Cahill (AndInoa, though he's YEARS away) they don't have any real superstar potential types... Just a lot of guys with solid/everyday player ceilings and a decentlikelihood to reach them... Really can't argue with the Marlins... Lots of high-end talent with Maybin, Morrison, Stanton, West, Tucker, Dominguez, andSkipworth...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is in mid season form.
laugh.gif
I'm just saying

There is always added pressure and expectations to win it all because of the curse / 100 years

In other news, the White Sox sign Bartolo Colon

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom