The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

Rangers are reportedly very seriously discussing bringing back Milton Bradley...

Griffey agreed to a 1 year deal with Seattle.

Orlando Hudson robbed Brandon Phillips of his gold glove, again.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Rangers are reportedly very seriously discussing bringing back Milton Bradley...
Don't tease me. What do we have to do to make that happen?

Everything I've read says eat all but $5M a year on his contract and take back next to nothing in return...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm all for it...

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/giants-orioles-pursuing-dan-uggla.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants, Orioles Pursuing Dan Uggla[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [November 11 at 1:19pm CST]

The Giants and Orioles are showing the most interest in Dan Uggla, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Those clubs would move Uggla to third base, a position he hasn't played since 2005 in the minors. The writers add that the Red Sox have inquired, with an eye on using Uggla in left field. Uggla played 20 games in the outfield in Double A in '04. Rosenthal and Morosi add that an Uggla trade would compel the Marlins to retain Jorge Cantu.

Uggla, 30 in March, hit .243/.354/.459 in 668 plate appearances this season as the Marlins' second baseman. He's under team control for two more years, but is due a raise on his $5.35MM salary of '09.

mad.gif

Bill Madden says the Yankees might get John Lackey if the Angels and Rangers don't offer at least $15 million per year. Buster Olney says if the Yankees want him, they'll get him, because they're the only team able to offer a huge contract.

Roy Halladay to Phillies or Angels? Halladay isn't a free agent, but he's the best available player if Toronto continues to shop him in trade. ESPN's Buster Olney speculates on two teams that could put together a package for him: The Phillies, with sometheing structured around J.A. Happ; and the Angels, perhaps dealing Howie Kendrick from their wealth of middle infielders. Halladay, a free agent next winter, will earn $15.75 in in 2010

Im all for Halladay replacing Lackey.

Lackey to the Yanks though
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

No. No. No. I want no parts of that douche bag John Lackey. No. I'll drive to the Ballpark and vomit on the carpet outside Jon Daniels' office.

No.
sick.gif

If the Phils find a way to get Halladay anyways to PAIR with Lee and still have Hamels as a #3.
eek.gif
tired.gif

Hope that don't happen.
laugh.gif

Have we traded Bradley yet?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

A little annoyed that the Sox arent in these discussions for the top free agents. But if last year has taught me anything. A team doesnt have to be mentionedtill they sign the person to be in the talks (Texiera to the Yankees
smh.gif
)

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Uggla loses a ton of value if you move him off 2B
I don't see the reasoning behind the Giants wanting to move him to 3rd base. I know they just signed Freddy Sanchez to a 2 year deal, however3rd base is a harder position to play. I know Uggla has the power of a corner infielder, but he doesn't have the glove of a corner infielder, especially3rd base.

[h1]The Hit King Is Hitting Thathttp://deadspin.com/5402781/the-hit-king-is-hitting-that[/h1]
http://deadspin.com/5402781/the-hit-king-is-hitting-that
500x_n765853152_1006621_6835.jpg

Think Pete Rose spends every day broken up about not being in the Hall of Fame? Looks like he's got other things by on his brain.

Pete was in Houston doing a radio interview, because that's where he and his as-yet-unnamed girlfriend met with a Playboy talent scout. But lest you think the young lass is nothing more than a pair of freakish fake breasts,
[M]y girl's a real educated girl - she graduated from Arizona State. She had a very prestigious job several years ago when she was a flight attendant for Korean Airlines, which is really a big deal in Korea, and she's Korean."

Pete also laid the sole blame for his ban on Bud Selig, but let's be honest. You only clicked on this post to make that photo bigger. You haven't read this far down

Pete.
pimp.gif

oh, and the Silver Slugger winners were announced.

[h5]2009 AL SILVER SLUGGER AWARDS[/h5]

[table] The Silver Slugger Awards are given to the players deemed to be the best offensive performers at their positions, voted on by Major League managers and coaches. [tr][th="col"]POS[/th] [th="col"]PLAYER[/th] [th="col"]HR[/th] [th="col"]RBI[/th] [th="col"]AVG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1B[/td] [td]M. Teixeira, Yankees[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]122[/td] [td].292[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2B[/td] [td]Aaron Hill, Blue Jays[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]108[/td] [td].286[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3B[/td] [td]Evan Longoria, Rays[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]113[/td] [td].281[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]Derek Jeter, Yankees[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]66[/td] [td].334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Jason Bay, Red Sox[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]119[/td] [td].267[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Torii Hunter, Angels[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]90[/td] [td].299[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]46[/td] [td].352[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td]Joe Mauer, Twins[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]96[/td] [td].365[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DH[/td] [td]Adam Lind, Blue Jays[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]114[/td] [td].305[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h5]NL SILVER SLUGGER AWARDS[/h5]

[table][tr][th="col"]POS[/th] [th="col"]PLAYER[/th] [th="col"]HR[/th] [th="col"]RBI[/th] [th="col"]AVG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1B[/td] [td]A. Pujols, Cardinals[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]135[/td] [td].327[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2B[/td] [td]Chase Utley, Phillies[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]93[/td] [td].282[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3B[/td] [td]R. Zimmerman, Nats[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]106[/td] [td].292[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]H. Ramirez, Marlins[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]106[/td] [td].342[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Ryan Braun, Brewers[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]114[/td] [td].320[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Andre Ethier, Dodgers[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]106[/td] [td].272[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td]Matt Kemp, Dodgers[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]101[/td] [td].297[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td]Brian McCann, Braves[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]94[/td] [td].281[/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td]C. Zambrano, Cubs[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].217[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

A little annoyed that the Sox arent in these discussions for the top free agents. But if last year has taught me anything. A team doesnt have to be mentioned till they sign the person to be in the talks (Texiera to the Yankees
smh.gif
)
Red Sox met with Lackeys agent...

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You'd seriously want to downgrade your outfield defense by getting Bradley?
laugh.gif

Dude belongs in the AL.
sick.gif
I would risk the shaky defense of Milton Bradley if he can produce for the team. If the Giants had at least a decent offense, they would've played in October. They're either last or close to last in most offensive categories and with that bad of an offense they still brought out 88 wins. So, an offensive upgrade is needed.

They Giants outfield defense already took a hit once the season ended, Randy Winn was errorless this season.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]Yankees Have Called Jays About Halladay[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18th November, 2009 - 4:48 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sports Illustrated - The Yankees recently called the Blue Jays to inquire about pitcher Roy Halladay.

New York made the same call last winter, but this time around they appear to have a legitimate shot at landing Halladay, according to Sports Illustrated.

New Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos isn't against trading Halladay within the AL East, unlike J.P. Ricciardi before him.

"This isn't the NBA where you're talking about one of five guys on the floor at all times ... If you have two trades that are identical, and one is in the division and one is outside, then it's easy to go outside the division. However, if the trade is better inside the division, I think you have to take a look at it. We have to do what's best for our organization," the GM said.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Gimmmie Jesus, Jackson and Melecon

Or Maybe Jesus, Melencon, and Manny Banuelos.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

[table][tr][td]Yankees Have Called Jays About Halladay[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18th November, 2009 - 4:48 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sports Illustrated - The Yankees recently called the Blue Jays to inquire about pitcher Roy Halladay.

New York made the same call last winter, but this time around they appear to have a legitimate shot at landing Halladay, according to Sports Illustrated.

New Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos isn't against trading Halladay within the AL East, unlike J.P. Ricciardi before him.

"This isn't the NBA where you're talking about one of five guys on the floor at all times ... If you have two trades that are identical, and one is in the division and one is outside, then it's easy to go outside the division. However, if the trade is better inside the division, I think you have to take a look at it. We have to do what's best for our organization," the GM said.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Weren't these the same packages you laughed at before the deadline?

I wouldn't move Jesus for one season of Halladay.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Weren't these the same packages you laughed at before the deadline?

I wouldn't move Jesus for one season of Halladay.
Hence why I'm not laughing now.

Plus if you are trading for Halladay it means you will sign him to an extension, so not 1 year like 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom