The Major League Baseball Post

Ubaldo Jimenez follows up his no-hitter with 7.1 scoreless against the Nats. 5 hits, 2 walks, 5 strikeouts.

Over 250 pitches in the two starts.
laugh.gif

If by "being on your nuts" you mean calling you out whenever you make one of your many ludicrous and/or hypocritical posts, then yeah.

Just 10 games ago you were tryin to say that everything's fine because it's early and now you're saying your squad sucks. Not that much could have changed in 10 games 
nerd.gif
. Maybe you should take a page out of your own book and say "there's still a lot of baseball left to play".
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by JPZx

What's going on in the southside of Chicago though?
nerd.gif
Nothing

We're six games in.

Whatev. I feel stupid arguing over this trivial $@@!. Just randomly saw something I deemed hypocritical but I don't want to blow this into a huge argument.

yeah, a lot has changed

the more games we play the larger sample size for evaluation there is available

I'm not writing them off yet, that was be foolish

but yeah, right now they suck...they haven't won a series this year, what would you call that???

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Phillies need to go to a four-man rotation and let him win 30 games. Seriously.
I don't care anymore, he is the best pitcher in the Majors.

I almost feel privileged watching Halladay pitch. It's that serious.

You two finished bickering like an old married couple?

Chapman went 5.1IP, struck out 8 and walked 5. Control is getting there slowly but surely. Slider looked really good.

Freddie Freeman looking good lately, got a chance to catch some vids on him yesterday. Looked great the last week or so.

Dirk, how does this kid Scheppers look? Heard a friend of mine saying he's a tad below Feliz but not that far off. Should be up sooner than later this season.

Oh yea...Smoak
pimp.gif

Safe bet that Andruw has found a way to beat the new testing policy. 

If not, that 50 day vacation will be announced any day now. 

Scheppers can flat out pitch... Kid throws heat and has better off-speed stuff than Feliz right now. He'll be ready sooner than later...

Holland is torching AAA right now.. Can't wait for him to be back... Martin Perez on the way too.
pimp.gif

Smoak is a massive upgrade from Davis already... Stupid.

Jon Rauch logs a blown save and a win in the same outing. How many times has that happened, ever?
laugh.gif

Nah I wasn't kidding. I guess I just didn't think most teams would trot the same dude out there for a second inning after just blowing a save opportunity. I've heard of it happening, I just didn't think it was a common occurrence.

There doesn't even have to be a second inning of work.

If the Yankees are winning 3-2 and Mariano Rivera gives up a run in the top of the 9th, that's a blown save. If he finishes the inning, and the Yankees end up scoring in the bottom of the 9th, he's still the pitcher of record; win.

Yeah, but I think the way Rauch did it was a little bit more unique:

-Twins were up 7-6 entering the bottom of the tenth. Rauch goes out there.
-Rauch blows save giving up one run, 7-7. Gets out of the inning with just one run given up.
-Twins score two runs in the top of the eleventh, score is 9-7.
-Rauch goes out there again to attempt a second save opportunity, and gets it.

I should have been more specific, because I believe you both thought I was talking about the way KLJ posted.

Y'all gotta remember that Nathan's been the Twins closer forever and I haven't had to deal with many "blown saves" situations so I'm not really up to date on all that...
laugh.gif

Yeah but he doesn't get a save in that situation.  You can't blow a save, then get a save in the same game, not possible. 

Back
Top Bottom