The Major League Baseball Post

Pedroia is more consistent, but Cano has more potential. I'm going with Pedroia, though because he's better defensively, but you really cannot go wrong with either player.

Pedrioia, call me when Cano can actually field his position, or figures out the difference between a strike and a ball.

He's been more selective at the plate this season.

Guess it's just the homer in me seeing that Cano is a better player at this point.

Osh, you on Twitter? I swear I was having this argument with someone there and they said the exact same thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Pedrioia, call me when Cano can actually field his position, or figures out the difference between a strike and a ball.
HUH
What part didn't you understand? Cano's poor defense or his plate vision?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

HUH
What part didn't you understand? Cano's poor defense or his plate vision?
poor defense? shut the hell up. Cano makes plays that other 2nd baseman can't, do u even watch robbie play defense ?

Originally Posted by Proshares

He's been more selective at the plate this season.

Guess it's just the homer in me seeing that Cano is a better player at this point.

Osh, you on Twitter? I swear I was having this argument with someone there and they said the exact same thing
laugh.gif
@EB0
Who else in S&T is on twitter, only following 1 guy and zodogg.  

Better average, more power, more rbi, better arm, slightly less range and slightly less speed. I'll take Cano.

poor defense? shut the hell up. Cano makes plays that other 2nd baseman can't, do u even watch robbie play defense ?
laugh.gif

Cano does make great plays, but moreso because he has the arm strength to be able to fling it to Teixeira to make the out.

But I guess a bunch of stats say otherwise... /cues Osh, Nowitness, et al

One thing I have heard/read is that Cano, A-Rod and Jeter's defensive numbers improved once Teixeira became their 1B since Giambi had no range at 1B--they always had to throw RIGHT at the bag in order for him to catch it. With Tex, they can just throw it within a general area of first and he will catch it.

I still
laugh.gif
at all the jokes about Giambi having less range than the Miller Huggins monument in Monument Park

Originally Posted by dland24

Better average, more power, more rbi, better arm, slightly less range and slightly less speed. I'll take Cano.
This state ment would make sense if it were like 1992, but it's not, 2010, stop talking about RBI.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

This state ment would make sense if it were like 1992, but it's not, 2010, stop talking about RBI.
laugh.gif
How are you going to say driving in more RBIs doesn't matter? That's essentially the epitome of clutch hitting, which measures a hitter's true talent.

Anybody think Ike Davis has a shot for NL ROY? Guy made another great catch today, and has been swinging the bat really well. Once he learns how to hit/lay off that breaking ball down and away
sick.gif

RBI is an indication of how good your teammates are getting on base it's not an individual measure of anything. 
Ironically enough Robinson Cano's 2009 season is one of the most UNclutch seasons since they been keeping advanced clutch stats. 

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Haren 9K's through 3 innings
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Dan Haren has been a favorite of mine for the past few seasons. I wouldn't mind him on the Yankees at all
grin.gif

RBI is an indication of how good your teammates are getting on base it's not an individual measure of anything. 
Ironically enough Robinson Cano's 2009 season is one of the most UNclutch seasons since they been keeping advanced clutch stats. 
I see what you're saying, and Idk Robbie's numbers with RISP, but there is some measure of clutch hitting when driving in runs. It's the same as getting a hit with two outs and starting a rally.

Haren would be great in Citi Field, too bad he'll never get traded. Arizona's staff is weak enough as it is, although they have a couple of pretty decent prospects.

All the times he grounded out/flew out with runners on base =
sick.gif

Especially how he always would hit the first or second pitch.

People joked that whenever runners got on base, they should've ducked so that Robbie would think the bases were empty
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom