The Major League Baseball Post

Strasburg's last 12 innings...1 hit.
eek.gif

Homer Bailey.
pimp.gif

i just checked the Louisville Bats schedule (Reds AAA) looking to see when Syracuse (Nats AAA) come to town to get a look at Strasburg...they have 4 games @ Syracuse second week of June...Chapman vs. Strasburg
nerd.gif

Ain't Strasburg due to the bigs on June 1? Or was it July 1? I thought I had heard they were getting ready to make the move.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Strasburg's last 12 innings...1 hit.
eek.gif

along with 13 k's and 2 walks. surprised Strasburg isn't yawning on the mound, these guys in the minors are no match for him. can't wait until he gets called up and propels the Nats to the playoffs!
wildKYcat wrote:
i just checked the Louisville Bats schedule (Reds AAA) looking to see when Syracuse (Nats AAA) come to town to get a look at Strasburg...they have 4 games @ Syracuse second week of June...Chapman vs. Strasburg
nerd.gif

Strasburg will definitely be in DC by then. i'm hoping/praying to witness Strasburg when Syracuse comes to Buffalo May 31-June 3, and that's cutting it close.
[h1]
[h1]When To Expect Stephen Strasburghttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/05/waiting-for-stephen-strasburg.html[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [May 12, 2010 at 8:53pm CST]

It's easy to forget just how quickly Stephen Strasburghttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/05/waiting-for-stephen-strasburg.html has risen through the minor leagues. This time last year, he hadn't even been drafted; one record setting contract and seven minor league appearances later, it's safe to say he's ready for the major leagues. 

Before tonight's start, he had combined for a 1.29 ERA with 10.6 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 across the upper minors. Tonight he outdid himself, no-hitting the Norfolk Tides through six innings. Strasburg added seven strikeouts and walked one batter, just the third baserunner he has allowed in 12 Triple A innings.  

So when can Nationals fans expect Strasburg to deliver his first major league pitch? Nationals president Stan Kasten told MLB.com's Bill Ladson that it will be "soon," without being any more specific. A glance at the Syracuse Chiefs' schedule shows that Strasburg will likely start on the 17th, the 22nd and the 27th of May.

That would line Strasburg up for a June 1st start. If the Nationals keep him in the minors for three more May starts, they can call him to the majors on June 1st. That would almost certainly be late enough to prevent Strasburg from becoming a Super Two player and earning millions more through arbitration. However, calling Strasburg up in May would give him a chance at Super Two status.

In theory, the Nationals could make money by calling their phenom up. As USA Today's Mel Antonen reported this week, attendance figures and merchandise sales have spiked wherever Strasburg has pitched. This could happen in Washington, too, but the Nationals have just five home dates remaining in May, and they would only be able to start Strasburg once on their upcoming homestand. 

It seems much more likely that the Nationals will keep Strasburg in the minors for three more starts, save themselves a few million and call on the phenom to face the Astros in Houston June 1st.  
[/h1]hopefully the Nats wait until June 6th vs the Reds. 

Strasburg could go 12-0 as soon as he gets to the Show, but the Nats are going nowhere as long as they have Stammen and Livan Hernandez in their rotation, as well as that boughie bullpen, and that pathetic excuse for a RF. Clippard and Pudge look great now, but just wait until July. They're not keeping this up, and Bruney is a certified dish towel, he'll blow at least another 3 games.

Tell you one thing, though, Nats are on the way to having a very nice future. Hopefully by the time that happens one of us is off NT permanently because I will not be able to put up with the ensuing slobbage.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Strasburg could go 12-0 as soon as he gets to the Show, but the Nats are going nowhere as long as they have Stammen and Livan Hernandez in their rotation, as well as that boughie bullpen, and that pathetic excuse for a RF. Clippard and Pudge look great now, but just wait until July. They're not keeping this up, and Bruney is a certified dish towel, he'll blow at least another 3 games.
hater_tots1.jpg

if anything, the Nats are going to get better as the season progresses. pitchers the Nats have coming on the horizon: Strasburg, Storen, Wang, Detwiler, Zimmermann.

and that "pathetic excuse for a RF" OWNED your team on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

RBI is an indication of how good your teammates are getting on base it's not an individual measure of anything. 
Ironically enough Robinson Cano's 2009 season is one of the most UNclutch seasons since they been keeping advanced clutch stats. 
I see what you're saying, and Idk Robbie's numbers with RISP, but there is some measure of clutch hitting when driving in runs. It's the same as getting a hit with two outs and starting a rally.

Haren would be great in Citi Field, too bad he'll never get traded. Arizona's staff is weak enough as it is, although they have a couple of pretty decent prospects.

Yeah, and a runner isn't going to steal  home.  Good hits that bring runners home deserve  some props

A lot of people own the Mets, that doesn't mean they're better than their .220 average says. And you're really banking on two guys coming off big surgeries to help propel your team to the top? Especially when Zimmermann hasn't made 20 starts at the Major League level yet? Come on, you guys are going to be good in 3 years, but not now. I should have known better, though, to start this discussion with you. You're so biased when it comes to your team that's it's ridiculous.

pimp.gif

funny thing. david glass had made up his mind to fire Hillman a couple weeks ago, but he wanted to wait till he got his next win so he could send him off on a good note. well, the royals went on a 7 game losing streak that we finally broke today.
laugh.gif

Eric Byrnes says %#!$ it I'm done, plus I'm still collecting a fat check.  Retires to play in slow pitch softball league....hits 2 home runs.

sp-ostler13_PH1_0501665193.jpg

A facetious remark on the Brooklyn Cyclones’ blog,caused the blogosphere to spread a rumor that newly-released EricByrnes, formerly of the Seattle Mariners, would spend this season inthe front office of the Cyclones, as a media relations assistant,however, it was just a joke.

“Eric Byrnes is not actually volunteering with the Cyclones and sharingan office with me for no pay so that we can plug him in as a ringer onour office softball team. Some people took the joke a little tooliterally,

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

pimp.gif
You act as if firing Hillman will prevent the Royals from infinite and endless suckage
laugh.gif
dont know whats so funny. it will help a LOT. Hillman did not know how to manage a bullpen, he did not know what situational hitting is and he has some sort of fetish with bunting. he was a horrible manager. he cost us a good 10 games this year from his micromanaging.

dont get me started on his HORRIBLE HORRIBLE lineups. letting these old farts play in front of the younger ppl. how can we rebuild when we put gullen, ankiel and adderall addict kendall in? dude just sucked. period. but get ur jokes in now. no body wants to see us in 2 years when our AA team is ready
devil.gif

Anyone see Hanley using Gatorade cups with the bottoms cut out as binoculars to spy on the Mets last night?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Eric Byrnes says %#!$ it I'm done, plus I'm still collecting a fat check.  Retires to play in slow pitch softball league....hits 2 home runs.

sp-ostler13_PH1_0501665193.jpg

video on deadspin
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Anyone see Hanley using Gatorade cups with the bottoms cut out as binoculars to spy on the Mets last night?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

11wdis9.jpg

Dan Uggla and John Baker were credited with creating the binoculars
roll.gif

In Salty's last game, Tuesday night at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark, 12of his throws back to the pitcher landed either short of the mound orin center field. He had five errant throws in the first inning alone.
0.jpg

Speaking of the Rangers, 25 runs through the first four innings of their game with Toronto last night.
eek.gif

I can't imagine there have been many times in baseball history when three different pitchers gave up 7+ runs in the same game.

Back
Top Bottom