The Major League Baseball Post

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

P.S. He was safe. Go Tribe.
laugh.gif

Angels looking into Konerko as well. I think it was 05 or 06 when he was talking up Scioscia and was almost about to sign in Anaheim.

Ok, now we've had THREE perfect games in one month.  Yeah, nothin different goin on here. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at the Nationals/Astros finish.

Speaking of the Nationals, Strasburg went five scoreless in his last minor league start.

Andrew Bailey two-inning save. Love that dude.

Unbelievable ending to that Nationals game.....aaaaand of course I bet on them. Unreal.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Hughes is making Cashman look good for not pulling the trigger on Johan.
Johan has an ERA of .74 in his past 5 starts and beside the meltdown against Philly, his ERA would be around 1.75. Hughes is having a great year and is on the road to an excellent career, but at this point, not pulling the trigger is a moot point. Nobody looks good or bad.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by dland24

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Bob Geren and the Oakland A's
Twins are not a bunch of scrubs though...

?
Dont know how you gathered that I thought the Twins were scrubs by my comment.  If you watched the game, you should know why the comment was posted.

Well the Twins had one out and no one on base in the top of the 9th in a tie game. Morneau goes up to pinch hit and is walked intentionally. Hardy pinch runs for him and ends up scoring the game winning run.

Intentionally walks the go ahead run with no one on in the 9th? That pretty much warrants the laughter.

I guess I'm not laughing because everyone walks Morneau. He leads the league. It's normal for me to see it.

I guess I'm not laughing because everyone walks Morneau. He leads the league. It's normal for me to see it.

You seem to be a smart baseball fan.  I dont care if you think it is normal for people to walk Morneau.  You know damn well that it is ******ed to put the winning runner on base for free.  I dont care if its Justin Morneau or the great Barry Bonds.  Make the other team earn it.  Period.

Mike Leake.
pimp.gif

11 career starts, all at least 6 innings. His 1.23 WHIP and .244 BAA aren't great, but he isn't letting many of them score; he's left 81% of runners on base (13th in the league - Jimenez, 92.4%
alien.gif
).

He's 5-0. In his six no-decisions, he's given up a total of 7 earned runs in 39 innings.

His BABIP isn't ridiculous, he doesn't get hit hard and he doesn't get hit far.

10-24 at the plate, to boot.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8724659

Originally Posted by dland24

You seem to be a smart baseball fan.  I dont care if you think it is normal for people to walk Morneau.  You know damn well that it is ******ed to put the winning runner on base for free.  I dont care if its Justin Morneau or the great Barry Bonds.  Make the other team earn it.  Period.
Part of me can see why they did it though.

They were obviously confident that Brad Ziegler could get the rest of the lineup, and wouldn't you? After Justin it was Nick Punto (the worst everyday starter in major league baseball), Denard Span (one hit in his last 25 at-bats, major slumping), and then Matt Tolbert (who was 0-4 at that point and is batting .167 on the season).

I don't think it was as bad as you're proposing.

Gio Gonzalez goes up against the Twins today.

Career #s vs. Minnesota -- 0-1, 28.59 ERA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

M's and Angels wore 1995 throwbacks on Saturday.  Almost forgot that this was the Angels uniform in 1995.  Nice to see the M's with the teal tops.

fdezuw.jpg

2qu6c89.jpg

Grey underbrim caps too
grin.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

M's and Angels wore 1995 throwbacks on Saturday.  Almost forgot that this was the Angels uniform in 1995.  Nice to see the M's with the teal tops.

fdezuw.jpg

2qu6c89.jpg

Grey underbrim caps too
grin.gif

homer-drool-702026.gif

I NEED THE M's JERSEY
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Luis Valbuena went 3-42 in the month of May.

Three. For. Forty-Two.

Three games into June: 7-12 (2 walks in 2 at-bats today). He's raised his average 49 points since the calendar flipped (up to .183).
laugh.gif

Carlos Silva boutta be 8-0. 

Seriously? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was hoping he would get cut or something during spring training, and instead he's out best player.  He up for a contract or something? 

Back
Top Bottom