The Major League Baseball Post

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Dunn's heating up.
pimp.gif

4 homers in last 4 games.

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
As good as Eddy V has been, I get the feeling he'll fall off at some point this year... His peripherals are kinda ehhh...
you said this in the game thread...but you need to shut your mouth.
laugh.gif
(hope your wrong)

he's pitched better than ANYBODY this season.

^ Hamilton get hurt? what happened?
I think he bruised some ribs making a diving catch the other day, and just needed a rest... He's played in all but 2 games this season, andhaving barely played in the last 5 years, it's not surprising he needs a breather.

no wonder the D-Backs have the best record in baseball...they're 20-5 against the rest of the crap teams in their division.

Dan Uggla.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Dunn was finally kept in the park.

Ed V strikes out 12 while only giving up 1 run (actually raised his ERA.) he was in line for the win til the bullpen allowed a run. still leading the majorsin K's and ERA.

Dunn with another homer, it was big too.

Josh Hamilton...triple crown??

Barry Zito finally got a win...he's been pitching good lately, but he gets the worst run support in baseball.

Willie Randolph getting the dreaded "vote of confidence."

Ned Yost will be fired soon.

Josh has 19 hits, 4 HRs, 9 RBIs and boosted his OPS over 100 points in the last week...
laugh.gif

Still waiting for Eddy V's balloon to spring a leak... I can't figure it out... He's throwing an INSANE amount of fastballs, and still nobody cantouch him... Is he throwing the curve more consistently this year? His change has always been filthy but the breaking ball was always what I thought wouldrelegate him to a closer role in the bullpen...

Oh, and David Murphy... AL Rookie of the Year...

maybe that's why EV's "balloon hasn't sprung a leak" just yet...he doesn't throw many breaking balls. 94-96 heater with slightmovement...82 mile an hour change...sick. to EV's benefit though, he's facing a lot of guys who've never seen him, but he's locating thatfastball, unlike Cueto, who throws just as hard, but his location has been terrible lately, hence given up some bombs resulting in a few rocky outings.

like i said last week, nobody is pitching better than Volquez.

he's 7-1 in 10 starts. has only given up more than 1 run in a game once, in which he allowed only 2. in his lone loss, he allowed only 2 runs, 1 of whichwas earned. in his two ND's, one game he left w/o allowing a run and last night he only gave up 1 and was in line for the win.

his only downfall is, being a strikeout pitcher, he throws a lot of pitches so they ain't letting him throw much more than 110 or so, so he's only gonepast the sixth inning a few times.

Franciso Cordero has been lights out as well. 10 for 11 and his only BS came in a game in which he inherited runners.

damn we need to hit.
smh.gif

Reds expected to promote top Triple-A prospect Jay Bruce

Jay Bruce's Minor League stats

Tomorrow the Reds are expected to promote from Triple-A Louisville top prospect OF Jay Bruce.
A corresponding roster move will be announced prior to tomorrow's 7:10 p.m. game against the Pirates.

Bruce and Reds President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty will be available to the media tomorrow at 4 p.m. in the Reds' dugout at Great American Ball Park.

Bruce will wear uniform number 32 and when he plays will be making his Major League debut.

Bruce, 21, has been rated the best prospect in the minor leagues. He has spent the season at Louisville, where in 49 games he hit .364 with 9 doubles, 5 triples, 10 HR, 37 RBI and 8 stolen bases. He leads the International League in hitting and hits (67) and ranks among the IL leaders in slugging percentage (.630, 3rd), runs scored (34, 4th), extra-base hits (24, T4th) and RBI (T5th).

'bout time.
pimp.gif

Josh Hamilton is a freak.

5 RBIs tonight (I think) and now has a total of 58 RBIs on the season at this point (I think)

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Not a bad debut for Bruce...

3 for 3
2 singles
1 double
2 walks
2 RBIs
2 runs
1 SB

pimp.gif

WikdKYcat has to like his teams young talent.

If Cueto can get his stuff under control. Homer Bailey becomes the great pitcher. Volquez is for real. Bruce looks to be in the majors for good.

Josh is a BEAST. Dude is too damn good. Unreal to think where he'd be had he not gotten mixed up in drugs and alcohol...

Originally Posted by SCuse7

WikdKYcat has to like his teams young talent.
If Cueto can get his stuff under control. Homer Bailey becomes the great pitcher. Volquez is for real. Bruce looks to be in the majors for good.

F'n A.

Homer Bailey sucks...at least right now. he's been terrible his last few starts in Louisville or else he'd be up.

Jay Bruce.
pimp.gif
this kid's got a boatload of talent...showing everyonewhy we traded Hamilton.

Josh is a god damned monster though.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Dunn is on fire right now as well.

Junior needs to hit #600 this weekend.

You guys in Cincinnati are spoiled as hell.

Our best prospect is in double a, the rest of them suck %!!%, though Volquez's delivery would scares the hell out of me.

though Volquez's delivery would scares the hell out of me.
Eddy V's fastball/change combo is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
SICK. The change is one of the filthiest pitches I've ever seen... But unless he developsthat third pitch, and starts mixing in the curve and throwing it for strikes consistently, I can't see him maintaining this type of production. He couldstill be a pretty good rotation pitcher, but he's not going to be a front-line starter over the long haul with only a two pitch mix...

Josh Hamilton hit the grand slam last night with his eyes closed...
roll.gif
"That's the most frustrated I've ever been hitting a grand slam in my life," he said. "I was having trouble picking up the ball ... I actually closed my eyes for a split-second because I thought it was going to [curve] in and maybe hit me. I heard it hit [the bat] and opened my eyes back up, and there it went."

How do u have the Best home record in the NL, then have the Worst road record in the NL??? 2-13 in one-run games???
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Josh Hamilton hit the grand slam last night with his eyes closed...
roll.gif
"That's the most frustrated I've ever been hitting a grand slam in my life," he said. "I was having trouble picking up the ball ... I actually closed my eyes for a split-second because I thought it was going to [curve] in and maybe hit me. I heard it hit [the bat] and opened my eyes back up, and there it went."

laugh.gif
that's how you know things are going your way.

Bedard
laugh.gif

I can't figure it out.

He gives up a career worst 9 runs against the Yankees. Then he goes and picthes great against the Red Sox.

7 INN, 2 HA, 3 BBI, 8 K, W

He did it earlier too. Before he gave up 9 runs to the Yanks, he picthed 8 innings for the win against the Padres.

Back
Top Bottom