The McLaren Automotive Thread

Stopped by today and man do I love this place. Had the P1, 675LT, a bunch of 12c's, and 2 P1's. They're selling 1 P1 that has only 699 miles on it!! Not sure how the owner can let it go with only that many miles on it but is the price for a P1 1.3? Not sure if this one was MSO but the paint on it is a satin finish which was interesting since I've never seen that before. All in all it was a good 2 hours spent. Will edit the pics and post them on here and ig next weekend once finals is over.

Now for the car pron :tongue:

A photographer who photographs all the newest cars from the local dealerships came by and had them open the doors. Really cool dude

Couldn't get the greatest shots since the lighting was bad

Then a very young guy pulls up in an aventador and I walk away :frown:

Found this on another forum:

P1 taken apart exposing it's engine and internals. What a work of art.

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/This-what-a-McLaren-P1-looks-like-taken-apart

Were you at Mclaren SF by any chance?

:lol: and was the driver of that Lambo a young black dude?

Last edited:
Not that our McLaren has a lot of cars on display (only the 625, I think), but the guy there wouldn't let anyone take pics like that.  When the 12C was there a few years back, the guy did let me snap a few, but he told me to do it discreetly... didn't want a bunch more people rushing in to do the same... 
laugh.gif

^
I was at McLaren SF with my camera and the sales people didn't care at all. Cool dudes, I asked how many potential buyers they get vs. people just looking and the guy just laughed. Said they sell one a week though :wow:

While I was heading out some dude pulled up in a clean Bentley with his son, seemed like they were legitimately shopping for one. Must be nice...

Also saw this...:lol: @ that 144 month financing

Stopped by today and man do I love this place. Had the P1, 675LT, a bunch of 12c's, and 2 P1's. They're selling 1 P1 that has only 699 miles on it!! Not sure how the owner can let it go with only that many miles on it but is the price for a P1 1.3? Not sure if this one was MSO but the paint on it is a satin finish which was interesting since I've never seen that before. All in all it was a good 2 hours spent. Will edit the pics and post them on here and ig next weekend once finals is over.

Now for the car pron :tongue:

A photographer who photographs all the newest cars from the local dealerships came by and had them open the doors. Really cool dude

Couldn't get the greatest shots since the lighting was bad

Then a very young guy pulls up in an aventador and I walk away :frown:

Found this on another forum:

P1 taken apart exposing it's engine and internals. What a work of art.

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/This-what-a-McLaren-P1-looks-like-taken-apart

Were you at Mclaren SF by any chance?

:lol: and was the driver of that Lambo a young black dude?

Yup McLaren SF last week on Sat before the P1GTR and 675LT left. The driver on the Aventador was actually a young Asian guy (Chinese I wan to say).

^
I was at McLaren SF with my camera and the sales people didn't care at all. Cool dudes, I asked how many potential buyers they get vs. people just looking and the guy just laughed. Said they sell one a week though :wow:

While I was heading out some dude pulled up in a clean Bentley with his son, seemed like they were legitimately shopping for one. Must be nice...

Also saw this...:lol: @ that 144 month financing

When I went on Sat the sales guys are always welcoming. I don't usually like taking pics at dealerships but this place and Ferrari SF are the two spots that I'll go to on occasion when there's something special. By the time I left there were 10 people in there with their DSLR's just taking pics lol....That's the volcano orange one sitting outside right? 12 year financing is crazy! Nobody should even be buying that thing if it's going to take them 12 years to pay it off lol

Last edited:
On an orange one, but it was inside when I went.

Backing out in that lot full of 350k cars is so damn nerve racking :lol:

Caught Deadmau's P1 and 650s at gumball today. Huayra is on a different level. Will never go out of style...ever.

Wanted to drive with them all the way down to santa cruz but couldn't :frown:

McLaren now offers cars with a payment plan.

With the launch of its new division, entitled McLaren Financial Services, the car manufacturer from Surrey offers clients the possibility to purchase a car using fixed monthly payments.

This move was implemented in order to make the cars even more accessible for customers, as Jolyon Nash, Executive Director – Global Sales and Marketing explained: “McLaren Financial Services is playing an integral part in the continuing growth plans for McLaren Automotive as a business. The Sports Series, as the most attainable McLaren model to date, has opened the brand up to a new market and a completely new customer demographic, and to be able to offer a competitive finance offering is crucial if we are to truly compete against more established rivals. Supercar performance and exclusivity has never been more accessible or affordable”.

There you go, “affordable exclusivity” – the spot-on definition of an oxymoron.

So, planning on renting a McLaren? Here’s how it goes down:

Let’s say you want something basic, taking in account that “affordable exclusivity” criteria. A standard 570S Coupe could be leased for £995.20 ($1526.26) a month, over a period of 3 years; but not before making an initial £39,500 ($60,573) deposit first.

After the 3-year period expires, you can choose to keep the car for an additional £90,248 ($138,406) final payment.

smh at people who fall for those balloon payment situations. Always signing on with the mentality of "ah it's fine, I'm going to be making more money". smh. In the end, many end up refinancing that balloon payment.

smh at people who fall for those balloon payment situations. Always signing on with the mentality of "ah it's fine, I'm going to be making more money". smh. In the end, many end up refinancing that balloon payment.

I'd happily be poor for the rest of my life to drive a McLaren for 3 years :lol:...

That
How does Shmee get into all these events?!

How does he have a 650S?

If I'm right, he had a small IT/tech company. Then he opened that YouTube account and started posting videos of cars in London. He gained a lot of traffic and started monetizing his YouTube account. Apparently he's a really nice humble and like able guy, so people invite him for exclusives, so his account gets even more views which makes more money.

His combined income from his business and YouTube allow him to afford his cars.

Indeed, he does!

He seems like a pretty cool dude in the vids... good to know that he actually is.  Crazy that he can do this for a living now. 

Finally seen a silver P1 in person driving down US1 today. Deer lowered, one of the sexiest cars I've ever seen in person.

Last edited:
P1 XP Carbon Series Red

From what I've read only 5 will be build at $2.7 each which are already sold.

Back
Top Bottom