The McLaren Automotive Thread

Kinda reminds me of this..

Some official specs...

http://mclarenautomotive-news.com/V8A-1B62T-DA479YLD61/cr.aspx
Ahead of our global reveal in just a few days at the 83rd International Geneva Motor Show, we’re ready to reveal the final facts and figures relating to the most technologically advanced and overall fastest production car ever to come from the UK – the phenomenal McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji].

The race-inspired Instant Power Assist System (IPAS) gives the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] astonishing performance. Zero to 100km/h will take less than 3 seconds, zero to 200 km/h under 7 seconds, and zero to 300 km/h will be achieved in no more than 17 seconds. Putting that into perspective, that’s 5 seconds faster than the legendary McLaren F1 road car.

The tyres fitted to the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] are specially created P Zero Corsas, which have been developed with McLaren’s technology partner, Pirelli. The final compound and construction produces a tyre that is finely tuned specifically to the performance and handling characteristics of the car.

To rein in the power produced by the dual powerplants, the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] is designed to offer braking performance more associated with a GT3 or sports racing car. Developed by McLaren’s Formula 1[emoji]8482[/emoji] partner Akebono, the system features a new type of carbon ceramic disc, which has previously seen service in space, but never before used on a road car. Stronger than conventional carbon ceramic, the material dissipates heat more effectively, giving the highly efficient braking system exceptional stopping and cooling capability.

Over the past few months we asked potential McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] customers about their views on the car’s styling. The unanimous verdict was that they felt it was something to marvel at and were already very excited about it. So unusually, the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] has translated to production form with very little change.

Supply globally will be strictly limited to 375 units, a figure that will ensure the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] will remain a rarity and, if spotted on the road, an unforgettable sight.

We pride ourselves on designing performance cars that owners can use regularly so the McLaren P1[emoji]8482[/emoji] comes comprehensively equipped as standard with an array of colour and trim alternatives from which the customer will be able to choose as well as visible carbon fibre in the cabin. Indeed the options list is limited only to any further bespoke content that a customer might wish to add through McLaren Special Operations, and fitted luggage.

Finally, one surprising feature is that the car can also be driven solely in electric mode. In city driving, with an average speed of 30 mph, this could mean up to a 20km range, enough for an owner to enter and return from a city centre Zero Emissions Zone.

Please continue to watch out for further news and coverage from the official launch next week at the Geneva Motor Show. If you are coming to the show between the 7th and 17th March, we look forward to seeing you there!
A few new photos from McLaren...

856986_10151260943651717_294226205_o.jpg

860928_10151260943591717_1701030402_o.jpg

858312_10151260943696717_1604615743_o.jpg

859980_10151260943516717_283171444_o.jpg

859673_10151260943561717_1035790869_o.jpg

856756_10151260943526717_1323385653_o.jpg

Last edited:
^ It really depends on how you classify supercars/hypercars (and it's probably different for everyone) but in my opinion, supercars include the Ferrari 458, F430... the Lamborghini Gallardo, Murciélago... the McLaren MP4-12C... etc.

For hypercars, I'd say the Ferrari Enzo, F70... the Lamborghini Aventador, Sesto Elemento... and of course the P1. 

^ It really depends on how you classify supercars/hypercars (and it's probably different for everyone) but in my opinion, supercars include the Ferrari 458, F430... the Lamborghini Gallardo, Murciélago... the McLaren MP4-12C... etc.

For hypercars, I'd say the Ferrari Enzo, F70... the Lamborghini Aventador, Sesto Elemento... and of course the P1. 

pretty much

they finally revealed the interior though that thing looks futuristic as hell soooo clean :x :hat

Last edited:
I'm surprised they didn't beat Bugattis 0-60 time...thought it would do it in about 2.5.
Regardless I can't wait until the Stig gets his hands on this.

Hypercars are Ferrari FXXs, Ultima 720s, and such by my definition but to each his own

It's a shame that 99.999999% of the people who can afford a car like this will never use it properly. I wonder how engineers feel about that..

It's a shame that 99.999999% of the people who can afford a car like this will never use it properly. I wonder how engineers feel about that..
Another "broke" comment to make people feel better eh. Pretty sure they don't a damn as long as they sell and I'm pretty sure more people know how to use the car properly even if they only using it for a chick magnet. That is using it properly enough for some too lol.

pretty much

they finally revealed the interior though that thing looks futuristic as hell soooo clean :x :hat
I guess you never saw the interior of the MP-4 cause honestly it looks similar to that imo.

body style reminds me of a koenigsegg equipped for the Crysis series.

I'd consider the Enzo, One-77, Huayra, CCX, Gumpert, Aventador etc. a hypercar. Problem with the FXX is, that it isn't street-legal.

I hope JB/CP gets a special edition once he wins the championship this year
pimp.gif
Lewis was gonna get the F1 LM (which is currently sitting in the McLaren Technology Centre) when he wins 3 WDC's for McLaren.  I wonder how that will turn out... 

Anyway...

Last edited:
Another "broke" comment to make people feel better eh. Pretty sure they don't a damn as long as they sell and I'm pretty sure more people know how to use the car properly even if they only using it for a chick magnet. That is using it properly enough for some too lol.

What?

What?
I answered your question and added my own commentary thats what. Simple and plain.

You were trying to be funny when I made a legitimate statement that could be discussed. :rolleyes
I disagree just like you disagree that what I said was funny no big deal homie no need to go all rolleyes like a girl on me. It happens but I still did answer your question you just didn't like the other stuff I put.

Official Geneva launch video...

Great to see a special appearance by the F1 LM too! 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom