The McLaren Automotive Thread

Damn that straightaway at the end of that video...the howling of the wind...man...

What's up with all of the drawings on the track? I saw hearts and everything drawn on there. They allow normal folks to drive it or what??

Damn that straightaway at the end of that video...the howling of the wind...man...

What's up with all of the drawings on the track? I saw hearts and everything drawn on there. They allow normal folks to drive it or what??
I guess you can call it a track, but it's more of a "public road" with a toll-booth... and no speed limit.  The public can drive it (for a fee), but you'll need to know proper racing etiquette, like staying off-line when letting faster cars pass. 

People can sneak in during the night (if there isn't a race going on) and write graffiti on it.  It's become more of a tradition now... some funny, some random, some in memorial, etc...

And some rude... 
laugh.gif

040913-nurburgring-penis-graffiti.jpg

I guess you can call it a track, but it's more of a "public road" with a toll-booth... and no speed limit.  The public can drive it (for a fee), but you'll need to know proper racing etiquette, like staying off-line when letting faster cars pass. 

People can sneak in during the night (if there isn't a race going on) and write graffiti on it.  It's become more of a tradition now... some funny, some random, some in memorial, etc...

And some rude... :lol:
040913-nurburgring-penis-graffiti.jpg

A gentleman sausage lol...

2015 McLaren P1 First drive from Autoweek 
pimp.gif

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140127/CARREVIEWS/140129826#

Base Price = $1.15 million (Sold out = 375 made / 30% going to US customers)

Drivetrain = 3.8L 903HP twin turbo V8 Electric Motor / RWD / 7-speed manual transmission with auto mode

0-62mph in 2.8 seconds

Weight - 3075 lbs.

"The Porsche 918 Spyder is the closest you'll get to a McLaren P1, but it's less powerful, it's heavier, and with its four-wheel drive and greater reliance on electronic controls, feels more like the digital experience rather than the raw driver's car; more secure but less thrilling."

Wow!

AMAZING! I've always loved mclaren. This car wil will indeed change the game!

Last edited:

Can't believe I just noticed this now. Thank you for the wallpaper. It looks...so...beautiful. *tear* lol

I really hope the P1 is at the Concorso in August.

Last edited:
Local McLaren dealership just took delivery of a yellow and volcano red McLaren. Went today but couldn't get pics since they were getting serviced. I will be back next week to take some pictures of the red one. :evil: Yellow one is being picked up tomorrow from the owner.

Last edited:
I wish I had my dslr to get some high quality shots vs these phone shots but they'll have to do for now!

Back
Top Bottom