The McRib is back!!!!

Price? I know the OG mcrib was a buck...now with an upgraded bun....$4-$5?
laugh.gif

Wasn't the mcrib back last year? Or was that just in test markets?....ill prob. Give one a try since its been years

^
the mcrib meal deal is about $5.50
comes with savory fries & refreshing beverage,
& one can super-size it if need be
or get them dolo w/o meal

Lol @ savory fries...out of bk,mickey ds,and wendys, MDs has the weakest fries...
Sandiwch alone is how much, $3-3.50? Add tax....that's a petty nice markup from the original...and all that's changed is a bun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Cant believe people actually wait for this to come out every year?

This cant be life?
Funny there was an article in the post speaking on this. With the number of foreign objects used as ingredients you would think not. But yea, folks love this sandwich. I personally think most of it is the McDonald's branding in action.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man the sandwich is WORTH 99c. Same stuff they feed public school students.
yo same thing i was thinking. i asked my boy if its the same %#@$ they would serve in high school
laugh.gif

FACT SHEET
[h1]What's the McRib made of, anyway?[/h1][h2]The popular McDonald's sandwich is back. Find out what's inside — if you dare[/h2]
POSTED ON OCTOBER 28, 2011, AT 12:53 PM

This McDonald's sandwich's ingredients reportedly include "restructured meat product" and a flour-bleaching agent used to make the soles of shoes. Delectable?

McDonalds' McRib and its cult-like following are back. Thank goodness the "disconcerting" sandwich is only returning for a limited time only, says Meredith Melnick at TIME. Because if you knew about all the unpronounceable ingredients packed into the McRib, you might think twice about wolfing down the sauce-drenched pork concoction. Think you can stomach what's inside? Read on:

How many ingredients are there?
At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.

Is it really that bad for you?
Well, it's certainly not good for you. Though "slightly trimmer than the Big Mac," which contains 540 calories and 29 grams of fat, says Christina Rexrode at USA Today, the McRib, first introduced in 1982, still packs in 500 calories and 26 grams of fat. And despite its name, one thing you won't find inside a McRib is bones. The absence of any detectable "rib" is what gives the unnutritious mush its "quirky sense of humor," says Marta Fearon, McDonald's U.S. marketing director.

http://theweek.com/article/index/220866/whats-the-mcrib-made-of-anyway

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

McGangbang>>>> McrRib
images

that loooks gross
sick.gif

i want the mcjordan back. quarter pound burger, bbq sauce, bacon, pickles, yummmy!!!!!!

Been meaning to check this out.

Idc what non of yall say, McRib is the best sandwich McD's offers.

Spicy BBQ chicken sandwich is a close 2nd.

went to mcdonalds twice this weekend to get a salad... didnt even bother to ask for the mcrib... ill try it this week though and if my local mcdonalds got it

Back
Top Bottom