the Mexican drug war

Originally Posted by UglyWorkz

Don't be alarming, I live in Guadalajara, Jalisco and things aint poppin like that. You can come hear and be safe, no need to alarm people telling to no come here and what not. I'm spanish and live here and nothing has never hapened to me neither 1 of my friends or knowed people.
As for the one that said that we need to bring the military, the military is already here doggie, the ++*$!%@ drug war its what started it all, militars will be in the damn street shooting "dealers" and "capos" and killing 1 "bad guy" and 10 inoccent people that just where walking. This drug war its whats getting things the worse.
Just for one moment think about this, if they legalized drug, "el narco", mafia, carteles, etc. will be gone and the damn government will charge taxes on drugs, win-win situation for me.

I agree with you on the first part. I have family from "el sur" in Aguascalientes and family from "el norte" in Sinaloa. I've been toboth places and it's almost a different country.. just different people. Although, I have heard from family in Aguascalientes that people from northernstates have began to set up and run stuff also in the South.. the cartels though, not regular citizens... so it's spreading.

The thing about legalizing drugs though - it may seem as a win/win for both sides but in reality it's not. A lot of people are profiting from the drugbusiness - it's insane. Yeah, the heads of the cartels are making millions but there are thousands of families depending on income from that profession...I mean, it's not only the people that are going out and killing people but they also have to pay, let's say someone to look out in a house for a weekor two. Someone to deliver messages from point A to point B. A lot of families depend on this business, trust. Also, a lot of the politicians, lawenforcement, judges, military commanders, mayors, governors, etc. depend on this business - they love their cut. It'll be hard to really put an end to itwith such a large population of citizens either supporting this business or too afraid to say anything plus the aid within government. Calderon is doing abetter job than Fox but I don't see him put an end to it. It's too hard a task.

Originally Posted by FreezeTag

Originally Posted by XxToWrXx

I heard a story from a friend ... His buddy and friends went to Rosarito. They went to a club and a chick decided to go back to the hotel because she didn't feel well .. They can't find her the whole weekend and they thought she left because her car was gone ... So they leave and they're driving home when they see her in the backseat of a car, but not moving at all. They get out and try to help, but she was already dead ... Turns out, they gutted her and stuffed her with drugs ... RIP

I used to goto TJ all the time, bus ride from SD to TJ was like $10-15 and then club entrance all you can drink another $15 ... Used to go during the day and just drink all day, maybe get some yay, go DEEP into TJ ...

NEVER AGAIN
i said this once and i say it again

mexican gangsta's are the most ruthless gangsta ever. no other gangsta's are touching mexican gangsta
Columbia Cartel

Columbia has been referred to as the "drug capital of the Western Hemisphere". It is known for the production and export of marijuana, opium,heroin, and mainly cocaine. Cocaine is an alkaloid made from coca plants. It is an addictive stimulant that produces in its users a euphoric high and anincrease in energy. Cocaine has been prevalent in American and European society since the 1800's. Coca leaves were first mixed with wines in order toenhance the effect of the alcohol. Around 1885, cocaine as we know it started being manufactured as a drug, in cigarette, powder, or a liquid form which couldbe directly injected into veins. Cocaine was prohibited and considered illegal in the United States as of 1914.

Pablo Escobar first became involved in Medellín's lucrative cocaine industry when he was in his early-twenties. His started out driving coca paste fromthe Andes Mountains to cocaine production labs in Medellín. Quickly realizing the vast amount of money to be made in the cocaine industry, Escobar lost no timegraduating to smuggling. At the age of 26, Escobar made his first flight, carrying Columbian cocaine to the U.S. Cocaine, which cost about $2,000 to produce inColumbia, was easily sold for a cool $35,000 a kilo on the streets. With such a great profit margin, Escobar was a multimillionaire before his 30th birthday.With his first millions, Escobar bought his ranch and main residence, the luxurious Hacienda Napoles. Throughout the 70's, Escobar continued to create atrafficking empire. With his proceeds, he bought numerous small airplanes and hired American pilots, who were willing enough to join Escobar's smugglingring due to the possibility of earning up to one million dollars a flight.

^Yeah, I get you on that, like the people that wash "la Lobo" and the Escalade for the capo also are profiting out of the drug game. I know its a avery difficult subject but I think unemployment is easier to fix that hundreds of people getting profits of the drug game and illegal activities. So fi youbrake the sytem it will affect a lot of people but you could do something to get them work, feel me?
I think going in the streets with guns and "destroying" drugs is not the way to go.
Also I can go with the health issues of legalization but that is another subject.

^ Yeah I see your point as well. The majority of the people working for the carteles are from small ranchos and "La Sierra". The majority wouldrather take on the risk and try to make a large amount of money by moving a couple pounds here and there from time to time than working a legitimate job inMexico from 60 pesos a day. This whole problem stems from everything in Mexico - the economy, the education system.. everything.

You could legalize drugs and those same carteles would find something to base their business off of. They'd still find some money making thing to fightover and spill more blood. As was the case with gambling and liquor here - organizations have moved onto drugs and other illegal activities. Like I said,there is too much money being made and moved around from the Carteles, Government officials, Law Enforcement people, and regular Mexican citizens for this togo away anytime soon. Calderon could only try to slow this down and hope they don't catch him slipping..

Originally Posted by spriigan8

I'm going to Ensenada via cruise in a few weeks; is that part of Mexico affected by any of this? To what degree?
naw dude, ensenada is a chill place, everybody is super laidback, and you dont hear story's like this at all coming from there...

off_line.gif
UglyWorkz: sorry if i came off as telling you guys not to come here, thats not myintention at all, what im trying to say is that there is dangerous places here in tj and in mexico in general, but thats just how the world is, what im tryingto say is, dont believe everything you see on the news, unless you hang with somebody related with the cartels or are in a dangerous area with people who areinto that, you should be safe, and believe me, you will know when youre in the precense of somebody like that...

... and about the 3rd world country comments, i actually find that offencive a little bit, we do have poor areas in mexico, but tijuana for the most part isvery advanced in areas of technology and highways and everything like that, again we do have poor areas but thats impossible to avoid

the Tijuana population consists of emigration, people come to tijuana with hopes of a better life, most of these people dream of crossing the border into theUS for hopes of a better life, they come here, realize that its harder that it looks to cross the border illegally, take crappy jobs here in tj, and livepissed off at the city, not having love for the city, that is our citys problem, and thats why we do have poverty, and we have very rich people as well, thatis everyday life in tijuana

i live a very good life here in tijuana, im in school in the best university in the state/north part of the country, studying to be a lawyer, with my family,in a good house, have friends here and rosarito and ensenada,mexicali, as well as in chula vista/san diego, i go shopping/eating/charger games in san diego, ithink i have the best of everything

camera angle 3 the security guy got punished somethin serious now i see why all the mexicans come over here

Damn, that really isn't anything to the carnage these dudes are capable of.

ciudad juarez is hitting like 1500 murders so far this year. i live right across in el paso & recently they have been extra bold with their hits. killingpeople right near the border, killing americans, & assassinating whole familes one by one. i have no urge to party in juarez like a good percent of mycollege aged peers.

^Saint It, I feel you on what your saying. Me and my family are from Chihuahua, Chihuahua and Juarez is in the state of Chihuahua. The other day my uncleshowed me a text message that people from Juarez are sending to Mexican people that live in the United States. The text message talked about how crucial it isdown there now, the text also had a picture of four decaputated heads all lined up in a row that were left as a warning to those who try to stop them and forpeople that plan on going down there from the United States.

theres TOO many people in mexico that will accept some money to turn the cheek the other way and let them do whatever they want. if you dont....you get killed

Those drug towns are dangerous. But places like Mexico City, Guadalajara, Guanajuato are safe. Go to Mexico City, lots of fun stuff to do.

Erascism speaks the truth, maybe Tijuana and Cd. Juarez are crazy but other citys are mad safe.

Back
Top Bottom