The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Funny how different some of these situations play out as you get more audio.

The scumbag within is kind of mad we don't get to see the ladies wearing a bit less at the televised weigh in.

Conor wins he holds the 145 155 and the 170 LB divisions hostage

Not good for the sport IMO

Simply cutting the line in two divisions isn't genuine what so ever

Also I've been pissed at these new weigh ins where the women keep their pants on

I'd say that's Dana's decision making is bad for the sport. Not Conor winning.

If Conor wins tonight he gets to say he held 2 belts. But I assume he stays in lightweight and is finally forced to give up welterweight belt. That's what I think will happen at least.

Last edited:
It's definitely not Conor's fault it's definitely danas if Dana let's conor continue to make a mockery of fighting your way to a title

Point being it could still be bad for the sport if conor wins knowing what Dana might do

conor legit could beat guys holding the belt.
i'd give him a good chance vs. woodley/wonderboy, bisping.
puncher's chance vs cormier but the man got good wrassling and a solid chin. stipe got them heavy hands, that may be a tough one

:wow:

Eddie would be smart coming out w leg kicks. Still can't believe nobody has tested him w leg kicks yet. Like Eddies been saying and I can't argue. Conor has 8mins to win this otherwise I got Eddie winning. Won't be surprised is Conor lands one tho. His precision is almost always on

predictions :

McGregor
Woodley
Karolina
Weidman
Tate

*disclaimer : I don't follow UFC has much as i used to and a bunch of these fighters i've seen fight only once or twice.

I feel like everyone's saying Conors endurance could be his demise but Diaz is known for his endurance and he survived. On top of that Conor basically admitted the weight class was too big for him to go long distance. Endurance shouldn't be nearly as much of problem this time around for Conor, no?

Nate also didn't grapple much besides the clinch. A whole other story when we talk about wrestling. He went the distance with nate but he definitely gassed. Seemed like he caught a second wind in the fourth though

That's a good point too. Conor's take down defense looked better and that's what i'm most curious to see. Did he build from that and how long will he end up on the ground.

If Eddie blankets him it will sap Conor's energy

Nate isn't the same stylistic fighter as Eddie. Nate is not a wrestler and did not wear down conor via fence pinning or clinch which is what Eddie will do

Nate is much better on the ground than conor and conor knew that. Nate tried for a few shots but nothing like Eddie will do. Both the Diaz bros think it's a punk move to try and wrestle it seems. No pride lost in Eddie if he shoots for a takedown

I just hope we get a few rounds.

I agree with Conor that Eddie gets cracked and Conor certainly has power.

But we haven't seen how well that power translates as we move above 145.

And Eddie been fighting HITTERS for a while now.

Hoping he can wade past Conor's reach and we at least see a few takedown attempts.

I'm not sure anyone can stop khabib's takedowns. Cue the video of him wrestling w bears. But Johnson is a good opponent and he's gonna try his best to keep it on his feet.

Point being it could still be bad for the sport if conor wins knowing what Dana might do

That's exactly what I meant, it's not Conor's fault it's bad for the sport, it just is.

I feel like everyone's saying Conors endurance could be his demise but Diaz is known for his endurance and he survived. On top of that Conor basically admitted the weight class was too big for him to go long distance. Endurance shouldn't be nearly as much of problem this time around for Conor, no?

Don't take it there because Nate is a lightweight and that was two lightweights fighting without cutting weight. If you say that, you're basically saying Conor doesn't belong at lightweight period.

Odds have mcgregor as the favorite last time I checked which means nothing really .. when it comes to mcgregor seems like he's always the favorite

He barely lasted with Nate who has solid wrestling/Judo but is too hard headed to use it.

Even if Eddie decides to blanket him for a round, it would destroy Conor's energy for the rest of the fight. This ain't chad mini Mendes here. Eddie is extra extra thick and heavy

Odds have mcgregor as the favorite last time I checked which means nothing really .. when it comes to mcgregor seems like he's always the favorite

Exactly. Especially in 2016.

That's what makes this sport so great. We can sit here and analyze it all day but all it takes is one.

Look at Bisping vs Rockhold as an example....

He barely lasted with Nate who has solid wrestling/Judo but is too hard headed to use it.

Even if Eddie decides to blanket him for a round, it would destroy Conor's energy for the rest of the fight. This ain't chad mini Mendes here. Eddie is extra extra thick and heavy

seems as diaz bros use their bjj only for defense.
the only way i see eddie winning if he just grinds it out, clench, take down and smother conor. just see conor catching him early with his precision and timing

Back
Top Bottom