The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Would like to see Jones fight Gus before he goes HW. Then it's a wrap at LHW.

Only caught the last 2 fights (I was at Barclays for Boxing). Need to watch Lawler/Cerrone, Aljo/Barao in particular.

Manuwa can sit his *** down now apparently.

Yeah, woodley holds back and stays out of danger. We saw what he did to robbie and wish he would do that every fight.

I just hope those that slander Woodley were slandering GSP for looking conservative either

I just hope those that slander Woodley were slandering GSP for looking conservative either
GSP used to get plenty of **** but he never had the finishing prowess that Woodley has. He had to score/accumulate to be successful. And even is his fights were deemed boring he was always active and scoring.

Idk if anyone has seen this video but look at how messed up DC is after the fight I feel bad for the guy.

GSP used to get plenty of **** but spectacular finishes were never his thing. He was always about versatility and accumulation.

And even is his fights were deemed boring he was always active and scoring.
I agree with you, but my point is that Woodley is getting hated on unnecessarily....there's a genius to his game, which is why GSP was and is so revered.

Do y'all feel bad for all the other fighters that get KO'd?

I can say I didn't feel sorry for Ronda Lousey lol

Woodley is weird because when you see what he did to Robbie and also what he was doing to Condit (prior to the injury) you think he should just be wrecking dudes. But then you also gotta look at what happened when he fought Rory. And Shields. And Marquardt. And Gastelum (even though he won).

I think the truth of it is that he has crazy one shot power and he's athletic, but he's not necessarily a great boxer/striker. Also he's been brutally KO'd before when he tried to open up (Marquardt). And I wouldn't say he has an elite chin or anything, he's not rampage or hendo.

So he pretty much fights the way I would expect from a wrestleboxer with huge power that could possibly be chinny. Low punch rate and picks his spots. He either catches his opponent with the right shot and nukes him or he fights like he's gun shy. Kinda reminds me of King Mo, he has a bunch of KOs too but his fights aren't much to watch until he lands the big shot.

Maybe if he really worked on his boxing and developed more confidence, started setting up punches, worked legs kicks more, body shots, he'd at least up his workrate and get some people off his back. But I guess the current method got him the belt so he's cool with just trying to land the huge punch.

But his last two opponents are also probably the two toughest guys to just open up on in the welterweight division, so maybe he'll show a little more next fight.

Just watched the fight.
Hope none of yall put money on Cormier.
He doesn't have the arsenal to beat Bones.
I could see that head kick coming from a mile away.
Bones kept stepping his left leg back every time they circled in the third round.

The ironic thing about Dana being so steadfast in not giving Woodley a money fight like GSP is that Conor has a more than good chance to be Woodley's next opponent

Writing has been on the wall since last November that Woodley would be Conor's next opponent after Eddie

I believe Conor would fight Khabib or Tony however the prospect fighting Woodley, not having to defend his belt while having the opportunity to become a 3-division champ is much more financially sound. Dana would let it happen in an instant

If Conor beats Woodley, I could see Conor retiring.. I think Conor will fight one more time in the UFC, one last pay check at least

Woodley stopped 24 takedown attempts in one fight?
Is that a record?
He said his shoulder slipped out of socket and kept him from throwing his punch.

Heart goes out to DC. It's a horrible feeling to put your ALL into something and come off short. I can't imagine how much it much suck for that to be so public.

JJ still has two inches in reach and length over Brock :lol: my dude Gumby long

Folks complaining about the late stoppage by John and I agree. DC is tough but I'll always be in favor of an early stoppage over a late stoppage. Protect the fighters at all costs. And if you're a fighter complaining about the stoppage, then don't put yourself in compromising positions

Its combat fighting, someone is always bound to end up in a compromising situation tho.

Its a slippery slope because each fighter has a different 'tough' meter when it comes to stoppage of a fight. Some fighters would rather damn near die before throwing in the towel.

I don't usually feel bad for people getting KO'd but I felt for DC, he was so disappointed in himself. He was winning that fight too or it was very close

When DC said "is it really a rivalry when I lost both fights".... man the ghost of JJ is going to haunt him forever

DC has had a HOF career. it stings now, but he got to realize looking back, being second to the GOAT aint too shabby

did anyone catch the aleksandra albu fight? how did she do, i know she won

**** DC ...

Like I said before never liked him and never will.

Dude talked mad grizzly about Jones and his struggles but he gets KO and now everyone sorry cause ***** crying?

***** this is the business you in ... You talk mad **** about this ****** demons ... Jones. Better man than me but I hope that ***** has nightmares ...

Fu k out of here with all this sympathy ... When Ronda lost when Broker lost everyone was happy DC lose ... Bah

Yeah D.C. Talked a big game before their first fight, especially the wrestling aspect and got completely owned in that department

D.C. Is still one of the best fighters ever so it is what it is. I don't necessarily feel bad for him but I respect how much he cared about the sport

Before there was Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor, there was Muhammad Ali vs Antonio Inoki! The forgotten fight happened June 26, 1976 at the Budakon Arena in Japan. Author & journalist Josh Gross wrote a book about the famous fight that gave rise to both Mixed Martial Arts and Sports Entertainment. He shares the stories he uncovered about how & why this fight happened, what got Vince McMahon involved, what the original finish was supposed to be and why it changed, and how fans and media reacted to it at the time.

I'd rather jones challenge ngannou, hunt, or some other heavy hitting heavyweight.
Tryin to get this man killed right away lol

Na I think he could compete with anyone in the world but I do also think he would be wise to warm up at that weight. Brock is a solid first fight at Heavyweight due to his striking and chin. If Jon performs well against Brock I'd think he'd start to then play with the idea of staying around

Cain IMO is still the one I want to see most right now at HW. I want to see him fight Stipe and then I want to see him fight Bones. Cain's body is beyond trash though so I have my doubts he'll ever fight again tbh

I'm so proud of the display of sportsmanship we saw last night. So proud of the sport. Jon earned back his respect. He grew up right before our very eyes.

Wish him nothing but the best going forward.

**** DC ...

Like I said before never liked him and never will.

Dude talked mad grizzly about Jones and his struggles but he gets KO and now everyone sorry cause ***** crying?

***** this is the business you in ... You talk mad **** about this *****s demons ... Jones. Better man than me but I hope that ***** has nightmares ...

Fu k out of here with all this sympathy ... When Ronda lost when Broker lost everyone was happy DC lose ... Bah

Everyone clowned Ronda because real heads knew she was a lot of hype. World class judoka but great mixed martial artist? Not so much. She was out here acting like she could hang with males, beat world class boxers etc. She was doing the sport a disservice with her antics.

D.C. on the other hand isn't an egomaniacal entitled lil ***. He wanted this more than anything and really both guys said some really terrible things about the other. It wasn't just one party, they were both wrong.

This was our Frazier Ali. Difference is this time smokin' Joe couldn't get that win.

Back
Top Bottom